1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcoming Crew/Islanders Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zunga, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Zunga

Zunga Mano

Dec 5, 2020
    6:58 AM
    Zunga
    Beginner
    Hello, MapleLegends community and staff members.

I am part of the legends welcoming crew, aka Islander.
    [​IMG]
    I wanted to create a list of suggestions that I have discussed with the islander community.

First off I want to make it clear that with any update to maple island, I believe there are a few things that need to be maintained.
    1. Nostalgia, that old school Maplestory feel.
    2. Balance, not to takeaway/devalue from any past or present islanders progress.
    3. Nothing "OP" that would enable fresh accounts to breeze through maple island.

These points are just what I believe needs to be maintained, but from what I've heard most people would agree.

I want to get this one out of the way first,
    - Gachapon on Maple Island
    Although at first I really liked the idea of having gacha on maple island, I think the biggest concern with any islander update is that you don't want to devalue the work that people have already put in. That being said, If we were able to get a custom gachapon list with more cosmetic/megaphone style items, or possibly a rare chance at some speed scrolls. (Things that wouldn't drastically increase dps or exp/hr) I think this could be a very nice addition to the island.

Adding to the idea of an economy on maple island, were things like scrolls would have value within the islander community. I believe there are a few Items that would add a lot to the islander experience without disrupting balance.
    - Pico-Pico Hammer
    [​IMG]
    Weather this high move speed low wa item could be bought in a shop or obtained as a drop/reward in some fashion. It would be a great milestone for islanders to be able to afford (the typical 2m cost) or even use it efficiently (being able to 1 shot with such a low wa item).

- Overall armour (green/red/brown)
    [​IMG]
    Most Islanders will know that you can obtain 10% dex overall scrolls. As it stands right now, there is no equipable overall items that we can wear. These plain overalls could easily be added to the rare drop table of a monster on the island.

In my opinion the Bathrobe solution is a bit to OP, in a place were a bit of extra speed adds a lot of value.

- Mitten Weapon
    This item was available at one point in time, and for balance sake I think it would be a nice to be able obtain this old school weapon. Either for a couple mill from a shop or at least be able to obtain it from a quest/event. It opens up a whole knew play style, although I can't say to much about how well it was balanced as I was not around when they came out.

*Update, I just found out about Sweet Fork Cakes weapon (A claw that beginners can use). Turns out this Christmas event just sucks for islanders.

Quests,
    I love that they left in the 2019 event quest that allows islanders to randomly change there hair or face upon completion.

- Hair and Eye color change
    I think a permanent quest like this with similar requirements to the hair/face change quest, would be very nice since we cant take advantage of the typical cosmetic changes from events/shops.

- Expand inventory quest
    I'm not sure if this is even able to be done but If it were, good quest requirements would be, Get 400 of each common item on maple island (and/or maybe 100/200 pig heads?) to expand exc inventory.
    Then x amount of scrolls of each type obtainable for use slot expansion.
    Also x of each equip item obtainable for equip slots.
    If this were to be implemented it would probably have to be locked behind lv. 30+ or higher so that people wouldn't be inclined to just take advantage of the quest before leaving the island.

- Pet jump quest
    A teleport to the pet jump quest area that opens up the multi-pet skill. As it stands the only real way to get a decent amount of speed on maple island, is to fund a good pet equip item via another character and transferring it. Although this is a quite off putting way to obtain more speed I thought I should add it, as a few people have talked about it.

I have more ideas as i'm sure other people do as well but ill leave it at that for now. If anyone wants to discuss or add anything to this thread, please let me know.

Yours truly, Zarois

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    9:58 AM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    As I said in the other gacha thread, I would never use gacha tickets on maple island because I don't think it is worth it. I enjoy the gameplay as is and prefer to use my gachas for funds for my other characters.

In terms of inventory expansion, this is already available by using the cash shop. I don't feel like islanders should get special inventory expansion without requiring NX when other users do not.

I would like more options for movement speed but it isn't a necessity for me. I find the slower pace relaxing. More quests would be fun.

I would like if we were able to obtain event hair and face options though. As well as style saver.

A good option would be to have a different system for events, right now it's 71+ for raffles but either we aren't that level or can't have mobs in our level range. It would be cool to do 30+ islander for speed scrolls and other equips in a raffle. No WS/CS.

3. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    ZungaZunga
    I agree!

1. As an islander, it would be very cool or add value to memeing with low watt equips, like the pico hammer or other stuff!

2. I would also be very happy to at least see more possibilities to obtain cool quests like hair/eye color changes!

3. Would definitely be nice to have some usage for the scrolls dropped from monsters, such as scrolling def or dex to clean overalls that only have def stats or no starting stats.

4. More pets would be super cute and fun! I thought the idea of having a variety of pets would be really cool. I really want to buy a Jr. Balrog, but I'm using my brown kitty at the moment and have +70days left on it.

???: Mittens would be nice! Although the most I've read from the Mega Islander Thread:

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/islander-community-thread.5922/

There was a lot more islanders back in the day, and easier to make fun additions and quests for everyone. But maybe something happened that messed it up for everyone? I read somewhere that Mittens were deleted from peoples inventory, and the subsequent events were all adjusted to seemingly leave islanders/beginners out of the event rewards.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    3:58 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I agree with all BUT not the first one.
    Gachapon on island would be bad, introducing them would introduce too much random weapons to people.

Now... one thing I'd actually like to see during events is that, a specific NPC gives the possibility to Raffle the event drops for weapons, overalls or stuff like that and if possible weapons that can be used by a beginner
    Like Frozen Tuna, Sake Bottle, Guan Yu Polearm, Daggers, Red Whip etc...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. kitsunychang

kitsunychang Horny Mushroom

Feb 26, 2018
    Female
    Dangerous Forest, Rainbow Street
    KitsunyChang
    Islander
    Southperry
    I agree with all of this Zarois, I just want cosmetic choices more than the other stuff. The random hair and face quest has been fun to experiment with but we're stuck with only black hues. I'd love if they added a second quest to randomly change colors in the same way. If they added Big Headward the event stylist that would be even better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Zunga

Zunga Mano

Dec 5, 2020
    Zunga
    Beginner
    *Update, I just found out about Sweet Fork Cakes weapon (A claw that beginners can use). Turns out this Christmas event just sucks for islanders.

7. Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    3:58 PM
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    As an Legends islander since 2015 I've came across many new players and also people just making mules and helped out countless of these maplers by providing them red snail shells to make their grind easier, sometimes pots and just general guiding to find slimes etc. I expect nothing in return, nothing! But now with the Christmas event that's supposed to be about giving and caring about others, what do islanders get? Nothing. Islanders are people too mkay and with Christmas (that's already over kekw) I expected great things for my fellow islanders. Please if there's a god... or a GM that cares just slightly, give islanders a way to change hair/eye color and also a way for islanders to obtain the Christmas weapons like "Maplemas Lights". #islanderlivesmatters"

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    These threads are getting more annoying to read year after year, event after event.

Legend's island has drastically changed from where it once was through out the years, which is only natural through a server's progression. From the 2015 - 2016 era offering a very vanilla experience (minus MTS) to the 2017 - current? pumping a huge pool of limited time (in terms of obtainability) items to islanders, and the abuse that has occurred from 2018 - current with the constant ability to smuggle items.

Events are dynamic, resulting in many items being added to the island only to never return. This course only naturally results in new islanders asking for x item to be added for x event or islanders be included in this x event because they were in the past and the new players are only trying to play catch up.

The above issue has lead players to resort to their only avenue of item obtainability, smuggling. I imagine most islanders don't know that smuggling isn't allowed despite it being a reoccurring thing to do (Although I don't even know if this is the correct stance now given there has been no action taken that I know about in recent years towards smuggled items). Some islanders smuggle anything they want/they can get their hands on. Others smuggling anything they want but hide it through their NX, and most smuggled items are items that have already been obtainable from past events given the scarcity of some items or bad RNG players have received in the past. Mass illegit event items have been pumped into the island for the purpose of handing out to players who've missed the event, or to make up for the bad RNG during events where people didn't get x item. Not to mention who even knows what scrolled items are legitimately scrolled with 10% or just 30%'d and brought to the island.

There have even been events to obtain massive amounts more exp that you normally wouldn't be able to obtain on the island.

I think at this point a storage should just be added to the island to create an equal experience for everyone, as the integrity has greatly been compromised for years now. Even non islanders have abused smuggling to bring int equipment for the purpose of getting a head start on washing. With a storage + added color options to the hair/eye quest on island, hopefully we can all finally shut the fuck up about anything in the perceivable future.

OR massive purge OnionF3

- Sincerely, a recent smuggler

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Dance

Dance Stone Golem

Dec 21, 2020
    Male
    Fiore
    Beginner
    sorry for putting disagree on the rating, idk when I did that but i think I just meant to scroll down and look at posts. undoed it.