1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Storage on Maple Island

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Salt, Jan 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    2:27 PM
    But, does your room have storage?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dance

Dance Stone Golem

Dec 21, 2020
    Male
    Fiore
    Beginner
    Yes, it's called "my closet".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    5:27 AM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Do you order food delivery, or do you buy raw ingredients for cooking?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:27 PM
    Moderator Post
    Let's not go off-topic with this too long-lasting joke

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Dance

Dance Stone Golem

Dec 21, 2020
    Male
    Fiore
    Beginner
    Both.

I'll stop the joke. My apologies Kimmy. :tick:

This joke should be inserted in the "Storage" we might get in Maple Island.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ~ Lazy ~

~ Lazy ~ Red Snail

Oct 28, 2020
    Male
    LazySoup
    Islander
    Southperry
    What does "Storage" stand for?

Smuggling
    Things
    Offland
    Restores
    A
    Gamer's
    Entertainment

• Like Like x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tonbori

Tonbori Blue Snail

Jan 7, 2021
    That is true, but the reason why I was more inclined to support Nise's suggestion of event items making appearances on the island was because some event items I would like to have are untradeable (e.g., Magical Mitten, Fork, Spider Venom Earrings).

BTW, I'm not opposed to adding the storage on the island or anything.

• Like Like x 4
  8. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    5:27 PM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Most untradeable event items wouldn't be needed if you can transfer better/best-in-slot items through the storage. I guess the Fork is the only exception I can think of, but that's only 1 event a year that they need to make an event NPC on the island

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ashore

Ashore Red Snail

Mar 9, 2017
    Male
    Ashore
    Islander
    I 100% support bringing storage. I played back in 2011 when mts was a thing, and within my whole island experience I had offland equips. Only being able to have items from events is really lame especially when we are forced to use nx buffs to speed us up: nothing nostalgic about that.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    One thought that just occurred to me: should a storage be implemented, summoning sacks (the few that are still around? I'm not sure if there are any left, I've been on the island too long MapleF18) should not be allowed to be used on the island. I know some people take joy in killing newer players/afk players, but on the island these mobs could be around for a very long time before someone is able to come kill them (if ever; or until a server reset), which would ruin many new players' experience.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    You already can't use summoning sacks on maple island.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Oh! Since I've only played as a perma beginner, and islander only... there's a variety of items that I don't know about.

> What are some potential "special items" that could be an issue if on the island?

> Are there "special items" that could also help boost community members faster off island for their adventures?

I'm very much for Storage on the Island, and hopefully we can discover all possible pros and cons to Storage! SlimeGrin

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Summoning stacks have already been obtainable via an event for Islanders but there hasn't be anywhere to use them as they are blocked to be used on all maps. There isn't another item as problematic as a summoning sack.

There aren't any items that I'm aware of that would cause any issues in the same context as a summoning rock, unless I'm misinterpreting what you mean by "issue". Although I haven't truly played off island on Legends probably since 2017. If anyone feels like there is anything else, I'd gladly give my opinion on it as I possibly might not know on something's existence.

Some stuff may be subjective but there are two cons that I've grasped from the people that are against storage. First con being that an Islander wouldn't have to work for their items. I've disagree'd with the work part so I'll rephrase it as more, a new islander can have just as many things as an old islander would have. As without a storage an old Islander would experience more events that would have gave various different items depending on the year. I've worded it this way because technically a level 30 Islander could participate in all events with pretty much never having to actually grind to obtain anything, since most events have a requirement of your presence (Snowman Boss, Cake Boss, Leech off Islander quests). The other one is that although you can use the work you've put into leveling your Islander to make money (gachapon, leather, scrolls, omok tables), you aren't limited to just that. Meaning if I've played nothing but bishop and decided to make an Islander, I would then be able to take lets say 10m from that character and then proceed to fund my new Islander with items. Some might say it would be drastically easier to level an Islander during the beginning levels, but as discussed in this thread already, it isn't with the access of current buffs on the island + surfboard + pet equip.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    I support storage on Island.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Tonbori

Tonbori Blue Snail

Jan 7, 2021
    Sorry, this is kinda off-topic but speaking of untradeable items, was White Mouse Kit ever available on the Island? I wasn't here for majority of the events so I'm in the dark with these things. The speed one seems pretty useful to have.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    The mouse kit was available last year. No idea yet if it will come back in a future event yet. With storage though you would be able to get a smiling mask, which has the same stats.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. IslandLegend

IslandLegend Blue Snail

May 29, 2017
    Male
    11:27 PM
    IslandLegend
    Islander
    Amherst
    I've been inactive for years now and I'm not sure I'd be playing anytime soon but as an islander since 2007 I certainly believe that storage shouldn't be added. What I liked about islanding is the idea of being isolated from what normal MapleStory is about. It was never about having the flashiest equipment but it was rather about the scarcity of them. Every item had a value to it back in the day before MTS was introduced and this is even worse. MTS was handicapped to a certain extent by the idea of needing NX cash to buy items, but this simply all it requires is an offisland main to farm items... Leave as it is and don't get overly obsessed about having all those past events items....

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    You aren't required to have an offisland character to farm with. You can make money through collecting gachapon tickets as you grind your islander. The vast majority of items that would be useful to an islander practically cost nothing in Legends's economy.

As an Islander that has probably been the most vocal for storage, I have less than 100k offisland & my highest offland character is level 21.

Pre MTS Maple Island on GMS was already more balanced in terms of every item having value than Legends was on day 1, given the purple surfboard dropping from slimes.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Drew

Drew Slime

Apr 10, 2017
    Male
    4:27 PM
    I remember when people opposed having such strong speed equips, or the ever popular adding Mano to island. Pretty wild to now see people supporting adding storage which is far more detrimental than anything previously suggested.

I used to play islander here and I don't currently but I could possibly in the future, who knows. Might get the itch again. I've always supported adding more content to the island which I suppose is counterproductive to the entire concept but it just seems more fun to me.

And isn't fun after all the only reason to play a game?

+1 add storage

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Death to eventlanding. We wants that self efficient Island!!!! Island boss still dumb tho. MapleF3

Other servers are way more consistent in terms of events on island, had staff with islander knowledge to continuously add and manage content, or had the vanilla island going for it. Legends is probably the only server where a storage makes the most sense.

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.