1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

My Attempt to Catch the Gorilla Robo Pet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by d3lm, Jan 20, 2021.

1. d3lm

d3lm Selkie Jr.

May 11, 2020
    Male
    7:11 PM
    Hey there fellow legends! I don't know where to put this thread in so I'm just gonna throw it here.

So basically I have plenty of nx leftover from voting everyday since I started to play on my first account (currently at 254 streaks as I write this) and so I decided to spend my nx vote on something other than the usual items I frequently buy like VIP Teleport Rock, Safety Charms (can't really rely on my goddamn yellow dino as a partner MapleF3_Origin), Costumes, Pet Equip etc since I'm done washing on my bucc.

[​IMG]
    this mf killed me while I wasn't on alert

When I was reading on forum's posts I came across with the pet guide and got interested in robot pets. I didn't really like the dragon because I'm tired of dragons (Dragon Strike bucc's skill, Dragon Slash Claw dragon knuckle, Horn Tail dragon boss etc MapleF3_Origin), besides many people have the black dragon with all the cool ass big white dragon effect so I decided to get the robot because apparently there is a quite (or rather, ultra rare) pet evolution. Rarer than the black dragon pet. The pet is none other than [​IMG] Gorilla Robo [​IMG] pet, what a cool pet to have MapleF4

[​IMG]
    credits to cachorrocachorro

While I personally have never seen or met a person who has the pet, I came across this post regarding the rate of getting the various types of dragon and robot pet. The chance is mad low with 30/30/30/10 for Dragons (10 for Black) and 30/30/30/9/1 for Robos (9 for Golden, 1 for Gorilla). Sooo I'd like to share my experience here (kinda like a journal) on getting the Gorilla Robo! MapleF14

Attempt:
    [​IMG]
    So for my first attempt I used three pets, #1 #2 and #3. Pet Food is used here because I ain't gonna spam the whole chat with me trying to abuse them to get the closeness and lvl up eventually... according to pet closeness table here it requires 1642 closeness (tho idk the exact number) to get to lvl 15 before evolving the pet. Pet Food gives +100 closeness per use so with 17 Pet Foods per pet we should be good. Cheap Battery is the requirement asked by the NPC.

On #1 I didn't know that it would take so many tries to get the Gorilla Robo because a friend got their Black Dragon with 20 tries (tho this is irrelevant with robos). I remember I got the Yellow Robo on my 5th tries and decided to try again. I realize that the Yellow Robo is a rare one so I bought some more Rock of Evolutions. Boy was I wrong, it took me another 16 tries to get it back MapleF5 then I went to buy #2 and got to 20 tries with the Yellow Robo again. I didn't have enough nx back then so I stopped for a while. A month passed on and I went to buy #3 and got the Red Robo as a result. I thought that it'd be cool if I had Gorilla, Yellow, and Red Robo altogether and tried to change #2 in hopes of getting the Gorilla Robo. Surprise surprise, 17 tries with no luck MapleF3_Origin I'm with 1 Yellow Robo and 2 Red Robo for now.

How much I have spent so far:
    [​IMG]
    Cheap Battery I farmed them myself for the first two pets although I still count it but whatever, for the third I bought for 500 m(eso) each because I was lazy to even VIP tele to ludi from NLC... quite rare for people to sell unless someone is selling some in junk yard so I suggest just to farm them yourself. And yes, you gotta get 50 on each pet because it's different with dragons where you only have to do the quest once on your first pet. As you can see I roughly have spent 417k nx (why can't it be 420 smh)... LF>Luck

Chances on robot pet so far:
    [​IMG]
    Aaand at last, my attempt as for now. Hoping to someday can change the percentage on Gorilla Robo MapleF2

It seems that my luck isn't that bad if we compare my rate with the one posted on another thread. But that's probably because I've only tried 60 times, still need 40 more tries (I get 7500 daily from voting so I need like... (5500*40)/(7500)=29.3 more days smh let's round it to 30 days). Probably gonna update for every 10 tries I make, but we'll see later.

Now imagine if we were to pay with real money to get these pets. Yikes. That's nightmare. Is it worth it? idk, only time will tell. That's it for now, time to vote and wait til I have enough nx to spare MapleF2

Credits to:

• Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    d3lm

d3lm Selkie Jr.

May 11, 2020
    Male
    yeet saving one post idk what for

ps: don't try this at home if you haven't saved some nx before or else you can't pay for your safety charm and lose your exp miserably kekw

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    5:56 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    frashefrashe rolled one after a shit ton of nx

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    1:11 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I'm rooting for you!!

Goodluck!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Noire

Noire Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

May 9, 2020
    5:11 AM
    Islander, Page, Spearman, Magician, Cleric, Priest, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Hunter, Bowmaster, Assassin, Hermit, Night Lord, Shadower, Buccaneer
    Thank you for breaking down the numbers for this pet! GL GL

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. frashe

frashe Red Snail

Apr 22, 2020
    Male
    8:11 PM
    Frashe
    upload_2021-1-22_20-34-30.png

Good luck d3lmd3lm !!!

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    d3lm

d3lm Selkie Jr.

May 11, 2020
    Male
    Attempt #70 - Propeller

OK I'M DUMB I missed a lot of things to count LOL. First off I forgot that I had to pay for 10k mesos per evolution to the NPC... so I'll put the calculation for that. Secondly I only get 7k nx per day because I only vote the blue Kimmy once a day while I vote the red Kimmy. This makes it to (5500*40)/(7000)=31.4 days, round it up to 32 days and minus 10 from this week. 22 days to go! Sadly I didn't get the gorilla robo this week MapleF3

Attempt:
    [​IMG]
    This week I used 10 Rock of Evolutions. I got 0 Gorilla Robo, 0 Yellow Robo, 4 Green Robo, 3 Blue Robo and 3 Red Robo. All 10 but not a single gorilla robo sadge

[​IMG]
    Minus 55k nx and still no luck MapleF4 the last robo was the blue color, so I'm with 1 Yellow, 1 Red and 1 Blue Robo. Not bad tho cuz the blue has a spear when we use either the "fire" or "attack" command. Other than that the additional mesos spent asked by NPC, 10k mesos each time so with 70 tries I spent 700k mesos so far

[​IMG]
    cool ass spear robo on my command

[​IMG]
    Well, I didn't expect to get the gorilla robo this week either so here is the data so far

30 more tries to go!

THISSS THIS SHOWS HOW MANY NX I GOTTA SPEND (inb4 I need more than this) MapleF5 great work frashefrashe MapleF2
    [​IMG]

if anyone else has the gorilla robo pet I'd like to know how much nx you spent, hmu!

8. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    7:11 AM
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    I don't think is possible to get the gorilla Robo i think is just a separate pet

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Nope. Gorilla robot is from this pet.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    d3lm

d3lm Selkie Jr.

May 11, 2020
    Male
    Attempt #80 - Propeller

First of all thanks to Kimmy and staff for the monthly double vote event and the newly added event that mobs drop NX now (altho I rarely grind so a day I prolly only get 1k? idk never really keep track of the gains).

It started off as a regular day. Did HT, scar and tried to BGA with some friends but failed awfully KEKW then we proceed to verg for coins.

[​IMG]
    I won't go into the details of the run, you can check Dom/Chronicle's stream here if you want

After I'm done with verg we split ways but I was already in Malaysia Trend Zone Metropolis map like I was last time. Bought 10 rock of evolutions, bada bing bada?

I GOT IT ON MY 6TH TRIES

[​IMG]
    The NPC had a different conversation when I got it compared to other color of robo pet, but you know, my hand was shaking and pressed escape button on my keyboard right away so I didn't screenshotted the moment. Dammit. I knew that I'll get it just before I bought the rock of evolution like I can feel it you feel me rn? of course you do. On my first rock of evolution I got the yellow robo and I was like MapleF6 then 5 rocks later... GGWP

But worry not! I'll still continue til 100 attempt cuz I've committed to do it at the start MapleF5 who knows I might just get a... second... or... third gorilla? tune in!MapleF2

New plan is imma keep on trying on #3 cuz #1 is yellow and it's a rare so I don't wanna lose it... I really wanna show u guys how it changes its body cuz it's just too cool no words can describe it lol. I'll figure out how to make a gif or just upload a video orrr just gotta wait for us to bump into each other MapleF2 for now I can gib you all these pics that I screenshotted! prepare for coolness

[​IMG]
    One thing I know is that we can shout this one a new command which is "change", but you know what would happen when we use it? check this out

[​IMG]
    *PROCEED TO DRINK AND SAID "SO TIRED" ??? BRUH WE THE ONE THATS TIRED WAITING FOR UR APPEARANCE REEEEE*

[​IMG]
    I then punished this mf by letting it go to starve, funny thing is it has a very completely different style and animation compared to other robo evos when they are doing stuffs lol like look at this the battery is low??? I get it ur a robot MapleF3

Now that I think about it my memories brought me back to Harambe the gorilla, I kinda miss Harambe altho I never met in person.

[​IMG]
    RIP Harambe 1999-2016

Now let's on to numbers!

Attempt:
    [​IMG]
    This week I used 10 Rock of Evolutions. I got 1 Gorilla Robo, 1 Yellow Robo, 4 Green Robo, 2 Blue Robo and 2 Red Robo. Finally got the gorilla robo ayyy

[​IMG]
    Minus 55k nx but I get what I wanted ahaha. The last robo was the green color, so I'm with 1 Yellow, 1 Gorilla and 1 Green Robo. Walking around the city with the gang feelsgoodman. Other than that the additional mesos spent asked by NPC, 10k mesos each time so with 10 tries I spent another 100k mesos

[​IMG]
    440k nx! (again, why can't it be 420k) MapleF3 RIP to frashe they had to spend 560k nx, oh well

[​IMG]
    I'm guessing this ones using a polearm? cuz it looks like it is a polearm idk but still a cool robo. We're gonna use this #3 for the next 20 attempts

[​IMG]
    Well well well surprise surprise I did it! it is indeed a 1% chance, 1,25% to be exact but still outta 80. Time for second or even third gorilla?MapleF14

20 more tries to go!

it is from the baby robo evolution, you can try it yourself if you wanna test itMapleF2

• Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Congrats!!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. Dance

Dance Stone Golem

Dec 21, 2020
    Male
    Fiore
    Beginner
    Gratz on the gorilla pet!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. OP
    OP
    d3lm

d3lm Selkie Jr.

May 11, 2020
    Male
    #Attempt 90 - Propeller

Aight so double vote and nx dropping from mob event ended, back to 7000 nx a day MapleF3

Nothing crazy this week so Imma just get to numbers...

Attempt:
    [​IMG]
    This week I used 10 Rock of Evolutions. I got 0 Gorilla Robo, 0 Yellow Robo, 4 Green Robo, 3 Blue Robo and 3 Red Robo. Will I ever pull a second gorilla? only time will tell...

[​IMG]
    Minus 55k nx. The last robo was the green color AGAIN, so I'm with 1 Yellow, 1 Gorilla and 1 Green Robo. It's been fun playing with the gorilla robo, I found out so many styles that I haven't mentioned on the last post. Pretty cool. Other than that the additional mesos spent asked by NPC, 10k mesos each time so with 10 tries I spent another 100k mesos

[​IMG]
    RIP the chance went down

10 more tries to go!

THX everyone that cheered and believed in me MapleF14 I was worried I couldn't pull the robo even one, I guess all you gotta is believe...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Heres a way to make a video/GIF depending on the screen crop size its timer is a bit longer.
    Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 5.12.43 PM.png

https://gyazo.com/download?lang=en

15. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    that is hella sick

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    I think its this one
    Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 7.18.19 PM.png

Nvm lol

17. OP
    OP
    d3lm

d3lm Selkie Jr.

May 11, 2020
    Male
    #Attempt 100 - Propeller

Aiii I finally got to 100 attempts, sadly no I didn't get any gorilla robo anymore but hey at least I have one MapleF2 This week is no different than last week so let's just get to numbers

Attempt:
    [​IMG]
    This week I used 10 Rock of Evolutions. I got 0 Gorilla Robo, 0 Yellow Robo, 2 Green Robo, 4 Blue Robo and 4 Red Robo. Sadge I didn't get any yellow or gorilla

[​IMG]
    Minus 55k nx. The last robo was the blue color ayeee spear robo again, so I'm with 1 Yellow, 1 Gorilla and 1 Blue Robo. Other than that the additional mesos spent asked by NPC, 10k mesos each time so with 10 tries I spent another 100k mesos.

[​IMG]
    It is indeeeeed a 1% chance smh. One thing I didn't expect is that I only got 6 yellow robos but whatever. Seems like red will show up more than green, then blue, green, yellow, and finally gorilla MapleF5

I promised to make like a GIF or video about how the gorilla would respond to various commands so here it is~

PARDON THE QUALITY LMFAO IDK HOW TO RECORD ASDFGHJKL

DONE...!

I'd like to thank RNGesus for letting me have one of the beast on my command. Each is now 16/15/15 lvl gorilla/yellow/blue robo and they are fun to play when I'm taking a break form grinding/hunting etc. Sadly this will be my last attempt, I made a new goal recently and decided to do some washing and the nx is not looking like it can be obtained in a quick time. Gotta make sacrifices in life MapleF4 so yeah there you have it. This doesn't mean that I'll completely stop doing this because tbh measuring with only 100 samples is too small, prob would take like 1k attempts lol but that'll take a while to achieve.
    For those of you who wanna try to get the Gorilla Robo as well: keep in mind not to run out of nx for your essential items like VIP rocks, safety charms, reviving pets, etcetc. Wish you best of luck! :D

Adios!

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    d3lm

d3lm Selkie Jr.

May 11, 2020
    Male
    What's up fellow legends!

It's been a while since I last updated this journal, had to save the nx for a lot of amount of APR MapleF3

A little update on my first gorilla robo, Blades. I got it to lvl 30 and max closeness (30k closeness). Nothing much I can do with a maxed lvl gorilla robo, just some new speeches and they still won't do the special act thingy ;-; (halp mi my report thread). I lvled it thru spamming chats (sorry guys LOL) and bought the robo oils. They are priced at 1k nx and thankfully if you buy for 11 it's discounted to 10k instead of buying the regular pet food and now I REGRET NOT USING THIS for the longest time #ripnx.

[​IMG]
    the end of spending nx to groom this mf (no, I didn't die that many just for precautions...)

[​IMG]
    30k closeness! once you reach max closeness you can't gain more, sorta like char exp once 200

[​IMG]
    also was wondering why the amount of robo oil in my keyboard shortcut doesn't get updated? from the pic I had x10 11 oils and x7 single oil so that makes it 117 but still only shows 0... weirdge

LVLS GALOREEE

S/O EijiBUL2 LMFAO

this the shark fin I mentioned a few entries back, cool asf. Also the saiyan DOES know how to swim (s/o to PaulsNL for showing me this, it is so majestic indeed)

That's all for Blades, I like him very much (he says hi to yall thx for support subscribe to our yt chnnl tenks wach me eat banans). Here we go for another attempt, sit tight and enjoy!

============================================================================

Attempt #125 - bammm

Yup, you read it right, first attempt is 125 at once.

Attempt:
    [​IMG]
    I saved up a good amount of nx beforehand. Thought I could get it the same time like my previous pet, boy what a ride this time around smh 125 with 0 gorillazzz zzz 5 yellow robos tho! always look at the bright side

[​IMG]
    I got the first yellow robo on fifth evo rocks. Ended up with green robo, oh well

[​IMG]
    sheeesh under 1% this is skem

Background story is that this char is my islander and future new char. I'd like to play with the gorilla robo in the meantime before I play the offland char so yeah I figured I'd just try to get the gorilla robo again. I did this one all at once thru Garnox in NLC, starting to think this npc doesn't have the evolution... so much for 1% chance MapleF3

That's all for now, on to another weeks of accumulating nx...

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    d3lm

d3lm Selkie Jr.

May 11, 2020
    Male
    Attempt #157 - bammm... :whistling:

Last stretchhh for this char, ya'll know whats happening winkmush

[​IMG]
    first off I'd like to clarify that when you get the gorilla robo, the npc won't say anything different after completing the quest. I must be tripping when I said the npc showed some excitement. Poker face garnox

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

On to numberzzz

Attempt:
    [​IMG]
    FINALLY AYEEE altho this was sadge took so much nx. 80 rocks first attempt to 157 rocks second attempt... unbelievable

[​IMG]
    first five rocks I got two, TWO yellow robos and that feeling I had when I got my first gorilla came again. I knew it. Right here right now. Sixth rock was a red robo. Then, the seventh rock got me him hehe

[​IMG]
    bzzz 863.5k nx

[​IMG]
    0.64% MapleF3

[​IMG]
    chances from two attempts. Lesson learned, at least have 1mil nx before you do this

Is this the end? Nah, see the post below VVVVV

============================================================================

Attempt #150 - Propeller

No further use of nx on this char I might as well use every last bit of it. Hell yea second robo I'm coming!

Attempt:
    [​IMG]
    continuing the previous sheet. Got somewhat lucky again, 5 yellow robos from 50 rocks. I used the red robo #3 since #1 is yellow and #2 is gorilla. We'll see how lucky this one MapleF8

[​IMG]
    garnox I beg you pls MapleF3_Origin

[​IMG]
    ok so far so good

I'll prolly won't update as often since it's gonna be just numbers all around. Prepare for gorilla troop fest! See ya'll around :D

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. miggyo0o

miggyo0o Red Snail

May 5, 2021
    Male
    8:11 PM
    Imagine spending so much nx on a pet then he let you die in ravana pepe laugh

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1