1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Storage on Maple Island

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Salt, Jan 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    7:58 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    I've changed my opinion a bit. Of course my take doesn't matter a whole lot since I don't play islander, but... I might give it a go if storage was added. Given that there's already tons of items on the island and GMS had items available via MTS, I don't think this is too much of a departure from what islanding is about.

• Like Like x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    10:58 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  3. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    A storage would be bringing more Islanders! Yay!
    [​IMG]
    One of us! One of us!

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  4. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    3:58 PM
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    You are always welcome to the islander community, glad to hear that storage would make you wanna try it out!
    Still left that "disagree" on the thread tho... feelsbadman.

• Like Like x 8
  5. TheFalseKing

TheFalseKing Slime

Jun 12, 2018
    Female
    Maple Island Janitor
    TheFalseKing
    Beginner
    :)
    Only stupid people never change their opinions!

:pepe:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Galician

Galician Blue Snail

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    Galician
    Magician
    I dont agree with the storage system. Maple islanders are unique and fun in a sense that its very vanilla and raw. You have basic limited items from the island and u scavage red snail shells and 10% scrolls.
    And its totally fair that past islanders have equips from events that new islanders will miss bcus there should be a reward for older or longer players.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    At no point has MapleLegends's Island been vanilla. The gold surfboard wasn't a drop from slimes. If we had a true vanilla experience, we would have way more than what has been available due to MTS being a thing.

• Like Like x 8
  8. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    It is true that being a Maple Islander is about RAW vanilla with basic items and 10% scrolls.

Although on another hand... it's about cosmetics, and keeping with version 62 of maplestory; purity of what is nostalgia, where off-island items were allowed in the official maplestory Pre-Big-Bang.

upload_2021-1-24_12-28-42.png upload_2021-1-24_12-28-59.png upload_2021-1-24_12-29-20.png
    upload_2021-1-24_12-29-44.png upload_2021-1-24_12-30-12.png upload_2021-1-24_12-31-7.png upload_2021-1-24_12-51-32.png

upload_2021-1-24_12-53-6.png

As you can see, this is a snap shot of what my items are like after only 1-2months of grinding. Of which, all items can be collected, and all random equips buffed within 1-2months.

I'm also collecting pig head trophies LOL so.... pass me some if you don't need them SlimeXD

The purpose of Defense 10% scrolls are ONLY to allow for cosmetic changes of equips to reach minimum 30def = 1dmg by OJ mush & pigs.
    The Jump 10% scrolls that gives +1spd doesn't change the EPH.

Please refer to my previous posts for Islander Meta.

The meta of grinding and farming for items is as shown to NOT hinder the need for Storage on the Island, especially by level 30 (1 week worth of grinding).

In addition, community members will benefit from leaving Maple Island faster to start their adventures! SlimeLove
    -- Faster level 8 or 10
    -- Extra Int Stats, starting at level 1

Technically, for the sake of keeping nostalgia + meta not changed --> Storage on the Island = good to have

• Like Like x 10
  9. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Even if I were to agree with the vague concept of "vanilla"-ness, like many have said here already, that's already been ruined by the smuggled items. The people proposing a storage aren't trying to take away the vanilla, they are trying to make it fair for everyone, instead of just bug-abusers

edit: grammar fix

• Like Like x 9
  10. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Storage=Non-RWT MTS

Maple Island Never had Casey or Chico = NO MINI GAMES meaning NO Omok or Match Cards.

However MTS > Mini Games > Mini Games on island > No RWT MTS MapleLegends > Storage PLS
    Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 9.18.41 PM.png

• Like Like x 9
  11. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    Hmm..

kek.jpg

For those of you that doesn't play an islander but want int on Maple Island, please come forward and let us know what you think. Don't you want to squeeze out every bit of HP you can get by being able to wash on Maple Island? Storage on Maple Island will help your dreams of killing Pink Bean come true, trust me. Extra HP is life. Extra HP is love. It is all you need.

• Like Like x 7
  12. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    I want to note that, Yes! Having Storage on Maple Island would be good to have!

From what I've gathered on suggestions that have been accepted by staff in the past, pertains to the fact that:
    1. Old efforts MUST NOT BE NULLIFIED.
    2. Big rewards MUST come from big effort.

To address this two many qualifiers for suggestions:

1. Efforts: Nostalgia for grinding vanilla mob drop items are still feasible, and can all be acquired within 1 week of farming in Maple Island.
    -- Grinding to level up is actually easy to do:

Pigs = 30exp, OJ Mush = 30exp

https://maplelegends.com/lib/exptable

upload_2021-1-25_12-6-51.png

upload_2021-1-25_12-8-31.png

To Reach Level 30 in 4-5days:
    548,637total exp / 30exp per pig or misc. mobs = 18,287.9 pigs + smaller mobs killed
    upload_2021-1-25_12-12-10.png upload_2021-1-25_12-11-18.png

Going from level 30 to level 40 roughly is about 1-2 weeks:
    2262613 - 548637 = 1,713,976total exp / 30exp per pig = 57,132.53 pigs killed

upload_2021-1-25_12-13-42.png

Also, I'm pure DEX build, meaning that it's impossible to 1hit kill Pigs and OJ Mush until around level 38:

upload_2021-1-25_12-18-0.png

Storage is good! It doesn't take away from grinding exp time, nor the amount of efforts needed to achieve that grinding feel.

Between killing just pigs, notice that I also have done the Hair/Eye quests many many many times to get red Puppy Eyes, and I'm still rolling for new hairs.

Having extra equips + scrolls from Storage doesn't affect meta at all, as I could easily get maxed out 30def=1dmg all mobs + 1hit kill all mobs within only a few days.

Polearm = (4 * 0.9 * 3.0 * 0 Skill Mastery + DEX) / 100 * 43WA gold surfboard

Lets assume level 30 with 154dex --> 154dex/100*43 = 66 min dmg
    level 38 with 194dex --> 194dex/100*43 = 83 min dmg

Its easy already to grind levels + hair + eyes.

It's FUN OnionLove and Storage on Island will still be more fun cosmetically pleasing.

So Number 2: BIG REWARD of having Storage on Island! It's technically a small reward, since it doesn't affect Islander meta at all anyways LOL
    -- and it benefits community!SlimeLove

As stated in my previous posts that's hidden amongst the many thread pages:
    1. cosmetic equips + scrolling (not meta changing)
    2. removes off-island items' legalities
    3. rebuild the islander community for chatting and grinding, that's welcoming for new islanders!
    4. welcoming for any play style of islanders, snail crushers, or pro islanders
    5. brings back nostalgia of off-island items (v62 supposed to allow off-island items via MTS since v53)
    6. early Wash Equips for people who want more INT before level 8 for HT/Pink Bean

• Like Like x 7
  13. TrickTrack

TrickTrack Horny Mushroom

Jul 29, 2015
    Male
    Everwind
    Page
    As someone who has played private servers for years now I always make a PermaBeginner and an Islander. I typically always stop playing my Islander eventually though because most servers never add any flavor to it except MapleUnity did. They added a handful of unique drops that breathed life into that experience but of course that server shut down. They also added some awesome unique equipment for PermaBeginners and it just makes me wish we had Maroon Mops on legends but I digress.

Most of the main points I see coming from those that are against storage either don't play an Islander or are currently an inactive Islander with a third outlier being someone who has a really good piece of gear and is getting fussy because they don't want others getting gear that is better or makes theirs obsolete.

If they added storage to the Island the only thing I see it doing is potentially encouraging players to make an Islander. The community of Islanders is already small and the argument of "GMSlike" or "unintended" just seems shallow.

Would changing something like this REALLY deeply impact your game experience to your absolute core like what Big Bang did to the whole Maple experience which led you here in the first place? I sincerely doubt it.

Anyways +1 for storage.

• Like Like x 8
  14. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    10:58 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    still S>that 2 speed Spectrum Goggles on island. Any takers?

• Like Like x 2
  15. TrickTrack

TrickTrack Horny Mushroom

Jul 29, 2015
    Male
    Everwind
    Page
    Good luck selling that considering only 3 islanders can even wear it :playful:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Welcome to the Storage on Maple Island thread, where you can sell/buy smuggled items today OnionMuha

• Like Like x 7
  17. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    Yo chaos that shit to 10 speed+ then we can start talking. :cool:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    +10 speed, +8 Str/+8 Dex but speed only is okay too I guess XD

• Like Like x 4
  19. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    So this thread is now a month old and I know the process of getting suggestions accepted or denied can take a while. But I would much rather have this denied here and now rather than having to wait x amount of years before this gets denied or implemented. The islander community is still active and alive on this server and most of us feel like we've been forgotten and ignored, so there's a lot of frustration built up. For over a year we have not been included in events unless if we posted on forums to "add x npc" to Maple Island so we could trade in event currency for items. During the Christmas event 2020 we did not get access to raffle nor Christmas weapons at all even though threads were made asking for it, all we got was cosmetics which doesn't help new islanders at all. I thought Christmas event was supposed to be one of the more "grand" events and included everyone. Seeing how events now focus on mobs having to be in level range or lvl 100+ to drop event currency islanders will no longer be inlcuded for events ever again. With storage less islanders will care if we are excluded from events, because at least then we still got access to items that we desire all the time no matter if a event is ongoing or not.

Adding a storage NPC to Maple Island shouldn't require much work, we are not asking for crazy custom drops, a new unique mob/boss monster to be added that might require to put in hours of work. The islander community just asks for a copy for an already existing NPC to be added to Maple Island.
    If storage on Maple Island somehow does more negative than positive towards islanders and the playerbase as a whole then you can remove the NPC and take action from there.
    Here is some solutions to removing storage if it doesn't work out:
    1. Nuke items (give players a warning, in x days/weeks we will be removing all items not orginally belonging on Maple Island)
    2. Transfer islanders offisland (transfer players to Lith Harbor if they refuse to give up items obtained through storage, warn the players first)
    3. Ban players (give a warning, in x amount of days/weeks items not orginally available on Maple Island needs to be taken off or recieve an account ban) yes this might be more extreme but at least players would take this warning seriously and remove their items.

It's easy to completly ignore islanders or treat them like they are devil's spawn. But we are still here welcoming new players to the server, giving out starting mesos, potions etc. We care about the community and server so please keep us in mind. Is it really too much to ask for to at least try this suggesiton out? If the idea is not something you like please reject it. KimberlyKimberly
    Thank you for reading <3

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Closing this thread now since everyone left their thought and now it's been pushed for a conclusion which is never how suggestions have worked here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.