1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Your feedback and experience of MapleLegends

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kimmy, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    10:29 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    why did u have 200 int on a warrior tho :OO
    you can probably hit 30k hp with 40 base int, and about 120 total int starting at lvl 50

ranged characters usually have this much investment, but not so much for warriors

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Shabtai

Shabtai Red Snail

Jan 31, 2021
    Male
    4:29 PM
    Shabtai
    Hero
    Great question. It's because i wanted to start playing the character asap and not leech to end game.

3. Junaki

Junaki Stone Golem

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Northern New York
    10:29 AM
    Google, Piks, Arkin, JunakiG, Doss, Nezi
    Hero, Paladin, Dark Knight, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Bowmaster, Marksman, Night Lord, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Galaxy
    1. Which year did you join MapleLegends?
    2. How did you found/learn (about) MapleLegends?
    GTOP100
    3. What were your expectations going into playing MapleLegends?
    I was a beta player in gms who started in 2003. I was looking for that nostalgia feeling
    4. What made you continue playing?
    The people I met and became friends with. So the community.
    5. Do you have any goals that keep you going?
    Right now my goal is to get my DRK to bossing level. I'm a casual player so I'm usually very slow at leveling due to work, wife, kids. Lol
    6. What do you like about MapleLegends (feature, content, etc)?
    I love the nostalgic feeling, the community. The content is good.
    7. Your least favourite thing about MapleLegends? (feature, content, etc)?
    The fact that it's a leeching game unfortunately. It's hard to come across people who aren't mages who want to actually grind. I have a bishop and I despise leeching LMAO. I can't remember when was the last time I sold Leech? Probably almost 2 years ago.
    Also the fact that we keep labeling washing being optional. It really is not if you want to be able to do ALL the content the game has to offer.
    8. Compared to when you joined, do you think the server has improved?
    The server definitely has changed. For the better? I think so. But I do believe MapleLegends can and will get even better.
    9. What would you really like to see added or changed in MapleLegends?
    Making the game now rewarding for party play. Like how the event was with the points. Not penalizing other classes because mages are op( like how freezing was changed and completely removed at shaolin. This affected a lot of non mages. It's a solution perhaps but I'm sure there are better ones out there)
    10. Anything else you would like to mention?
    I believe this will be one of the last standing servers. This server is legit the best one out there and I've tried many( I've given many the time not just like a day or two and decided to back out. I've tried them and they just don't compare). There are many improvements that could also be done but things take time, it's understandable.
    Maybe there should be some sort of way to add pqs to be available to all higher levels, not for exp but cards, etc. Some of us were way above the levels of pqs before card drops where a thing. We shouldn't be penalized by surrending our mesos to obtain it. Also it would get the lower level community/newer players a chance to interact more with each other. Let's be honest, these lower level pq bosses really aren't even that hard so it shouldn't matter if someone joins the run and 1 hits everything. The purpose is to build relationship and help lower levels.( Maybe its possible to even make it so for example having kpq with higher levels but only bring able to use first job skills, and second job skills if you'd like, etc)
    One last thing.. I've noticed in the past 2-3 events that is highly rewarding to be 70+ or 71+ but all the <70 players all they pretty much get is an exp bonus. It's like a slap to the face. Maybe it's to stop people from using mules to take advantage of the event.. but there has to be a better way so the lower levels feel like it's on some scale 'fair'.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. urchin

urchin Red Snail

Feb 19, 2022
    Male
    7:29 AM
    hedgepig
    Priest
    Just a new player giving my thoughts.

Google searching (led to gtop type sites which listed options)

Slow leveling with a small populated community

Lack of pay to win elements (good nx system for cash shop items)

I wanted to level my cleric to become a bishop but I don't know if I'll make it that far.

I appreciate the quality of life changes (warp cards for instance) and love that the SEA content is available. The gacha drop system does well to provide all players income. The community is friendly and patient (especially with PQs)

1. Lack of organization. I don't mind reading through guides and a lot of them are good quality, but a lot more are outdated and everything is all over the place
    2. This game is really unkind to new players. Let me explain my perspective
      1. New players are always at a disadvantage no matter the game. Now, Neckson and other free to play companies usually combat this with a starter package. There is nothing of the sort in MapleLegends. I generally don't mind that, except having to ask people for mesos for potions feels like something needs to be changed for new players. (Something like an optional new player package that gave out more starter potions than were given)
      2. Mulestory and Leechstory. The only way to get to the content that everyone is at and doing (bosses and whatnot) is to gain levels. As a new player, I would have to grind to get my character up to a relevant level to join others in content. In other words, I have to spend hours solo grinding because everyone else is using leeching methods to level. And I can't afford to leech - even if I could spend mesos on the levels, I'm literally screwed for gear I'd have to spend mesos on. Meanwhile, all the established players simply let their mules leech (there's more details but you get the picture) to get even more characters high in level that can do actually fun content
      3. Washstory - washing is as optional as washing my clothes IRL is lol.
      4. Everyone is nice, but few established players actually want to join you. Can I blame them? Holding the heal key and doing no damage in GS1 is a lot less fun than bossing for gear and using the gear to buy leech.
    3. PQ level restrictions - No way to get cards without suiciding or paying, and you can't get the quest items. Also low server pops means joining PQs can be a real pain sometimes
    I haven't been on long enough to give a fair judgement.

I don't know if MapleLegends cares about getting new players that stay. If it doesn't, I understand - it's a private server with a small community and attracting new long term players isn't always the priority.
    If it is remotely important though, you guys gotta fix the new player experience. The way I see it all of the fun stuff is at the start, and gated for fourth job advancement. There just doesn't seem to be any reason to play the game from level 50-120. (To clarify, I'm not complaining that I have to grind so much as I'm complaining that I basically have to grind alone while everyone else leeches and levels faster.)

I really appreciate the effort that's been put into the server (lack of pay to win is incredible) and the joy that it's brought me, at least to level 50. I just wish I was level 120 so I could actually play the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Troublez

Troublez Mano

Feb 24, 2022
    Female
    9:29 AM
    iCuddleU
    Thief
    Hi, I started yesterday and already died 7 times. xD

Server is cool though, keep up the good work!

6. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    • End of 2020, I took a break and I'm waiting a while to get back in, don't really have the time other than the odd post here and there, mostly lurking. I'll be back by the end of the year SlimeSmile

• I think I just googled up private servers. I remembered playing Royals a few years before and the server getting reset, I lost motivation afterwards.

• A bit of nostalgia, a bit of a revival in old school maple without the old school grind(but still something of a grind).

• I kept playing because I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately I had some real life issues pop up, namely a back injury that put me out for about a month before I could even sit in a chair for longer than five minutes at a time lol

• I really wanted to get to 120, start the whole HP wash thing, see how interesting it might be. It was fun, but now I'm just building vote points while I work towards my future.

• The events are really cool, I like how NX and gacha drops from monsters, and I love the donor shop content. I have probably spent more in donations than I care to admit, but it's for a good cause. SlimeGrin

• HP washing is a bit confusing, even with all the guides, I feel like sometimes there's conflicting information out there. Or maybe I'm just stupid lol
    • It's something everyone has to combat, but getting people who have dumped all their stats into INT and then expect to be carried by random strangers through a PQ is a little obnoxious. When it's just one I don't mind, or when it's someone's baby they're multi-clienting through the dungeon, I can respect the hustle, but when it's one or more who just expect you to carry them, while also dealing with the fact that the party's avg level tends to be pretty low to begin with, it does not bode well.

• Very much so! I really like how things have continued to grow and improve over time, and I hope to come back with even more to enjoy

• I've made my case for what could be changed within the game itself in my own thread(you can find that on my page). The social negatives are up to the community. I come from XIV and honestly both communities are pretty comparable(in a great way). Most people are willing to help, there are a few elitists and bullies, but every community has them and they do not represent the whole. The vast majority are most excellent.

• I'm currently binging Stargate SG1 in what little spare time I have, and I have to say I really miss this show, I hope it makes a decent revival in the future.SlimeTongue

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    NPC Tienk in Night Market will sell you boss cards from PQs that you are too high in level to obtain for yourself. It'll cost 10M per card, but you can get them at 5M a card like I do with a stack of 200 of a particular etc that Tienk requests. My 12 chars were all level 70+ when the MonsterBook came out, so it cost me quite a bit to get those early PQ boss cards. I just wanted to point out that there is a way to get them - you don't have to, though, there are plenty of other card selections to choose from.

• Like Like x 1
  8. pebbytan

pebbytan Mano

Dec 17, 2021
    Female
    3:29 PM
    Pebbytan
    Bishop, Bowman
    Aspect
    1. Which year did you join MapleLegends? Nov 2021
    2. How did you found/learn (about) MapleLegends? My BF
    3. What were your expectations going into playing MapleLegends? I expected to be bored fast coz it looks like a kiddie game but I was soo wrong.
    4. What made you continue playing? Building my Bishop to 200
    5. Do you have any goals that keep you going? The above
    6. What do you like about MapleLegends (feature, content, etc)? Community
    7. Your least favourite thing about MapleLegends? (feature, content, etc)? Cant rejoin old PQ, it's so lonely grinding at high lvl alone and hard to get mesos and exp except leeching. I am a bish and I'd rather leech than boss.
    8. Compared to when you joined, do you think the server has improved? I havent been here for a long time.
    • The donate all to Chief Tatamo.
    • Joining low level PQ, like if you wanna join LudiPQ then you'll have the skills and stats of a lvl 40 cleric (if bish) or something (the average stats and level and depends on which level then the skills).
    • Don't make FM something that makes people AFK, maybe kick them out for a certain amount of time or kick them back to the town they were currently in, like if in Ulu2 then you go to CBD. I'd love to chat while resting from grinding unlike when you are in FM where people spam shit and you can't see who's typing what.
    • Make it so that GM Boofs won't be overwritten plox.
    • Make a toggleable, where you can turn on or off, clock of your local timezones so you can see how long you've been playing or just checking time.
    • Guild storage, where you have an area everyone can donate or get and area where only Jr and above can manage although everyone can see what's inside, like they can ask the jr. what they need in that area and if possible then give it to prevent abusing good items and just getting good stuff and leave guild.
    • The most I want to be implemented is the PQ plox.
    • If people really want to hard reset the server, I'd rather have a different server where it's like an event server every 6 months or so, where the it's easy to level up and you have limited items that only available in that event server and when you got to the 6th month then your character will be migrated to the standard server with the items intact, would be good if the more level up rewards would only apply if 2nd job to avoid abuse in the beginners class
    10. Anything else you would like to mention? You guys are amazing

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    1. Joined 2022
    2. After playing Royals and DreamMS just wondered about MapleLegends from GTOP
    3. Very slow old school
    4. Nostalgia itch
    5. Just wanting to get up to the state I was on other old school servers (lvl 200)
    6. I love Taiwan, I love the anniverary points and hope BPQ could be something permanent, and I love the increased mobs since that kind of makes up for only 2x exp rate
    7. Lack of Vicious Hammers kekw, potions can be quite expensive and making wealth is difficult leveling up
    8. N/A
    9. A better experience from 110-135. Dreadfully slow without leech, maybe something nice similar to Taiwan. Looking forward to defense rework, anything would make Drks more palpable for the late game. Also see my post on reverse items and other changes :)

10. im just hoping that the bossing scene is profitable xd

One of my favorite features from a different server was their version of BPQ. 4 different kinds, easy, medium, hard, hell. Each different BPQ had their unique rotation of bosses. Rewards system like anniversary points, but with bigger impactful rewards. Was located in kerning city so it's fun to see the town populated on reset. Exp wasn't bad at all for lvls 120-130, maybe even up to 150. Would be sick if MapleLegends took the current iteration of BPQ, made it permanent, and greatly expanded it.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. Sem

Sem Red Snail

Sep 22, 2022
    This year (2022), I'm a true baby
    After trying to get back into the actual Maplestory game for the umpthteenth time and realizing once again that I hate the current experience, I thought back to the good old days and started looking for the best private server with that particular experience. After some playing around I stuck with MapleLegends as the clear favorite.
    The original Maplestory experience with QoL improvements.
    The fact that it is what I was looking for, as well as being so much more. A friendly community, fun events, amongst other things.
    Getting my first character actually to third job advancement lol. I guess these really are the old days - me not having the discipline to get anywhere level-wise :wacky:
    How true it is to the original while adding content and features that make the game so much better, while not interfering with the OG experience.
    I also love the Voter Cache and Gachapon system, it makes grinding more fun and exciting and gives everyone a chance at gaining some decent mesos.
    That the GM-buffs always seem to happen in the depths of night (I'm in the Netherlands), some timing diversity would be very welcome there as I always log on in the morning to people talking about GM buffs that happened while I was sleeping.
    Furthermore, the population is borderline too small, but that's not really anything the team can fix, that's up to us players to get more people to play.
    I honestly joined two months ago, but I did notice a sharp decline in player numbers since the summer event ended, which is a shame. I'm hoping the Halloween event will boost numbers again.
    I suppose more (smaller) events would be fun to bridge the large events. It would maybe help to keep the player-base more consistent and engaged.

Thank you so, so, so much for bringing so much fun to me as a sad adult who enjoyed Maplestory when I was younger. You're making life better for so much people!

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Funnily back in the day I still did things I did GM buffs very often throughout my day (since I am Dutch as well...) and I usually got complaints that the Asia community never got to have buffs. I kinda love (though also a shame I suppose) its now the other way around!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. AssamMilkTea

AssamMilkTea King Slime

Nov 28, 2020
    Vereinigte Staaten
    Milkerino
    whew been a while since I posted on foruns

November 2020

Feeling nostalgic I decided to go back to Maple and found ML on Gtop

nothing. wanted to just play oldschool maple, wait til covid is over, then leave
    when i started maple during childhood it was the legends patch so ml was my first preBB exp
    lil did i know i would love this place

oops cant answer this one now haha
    what kept me going for a year was how tightly knit and friendly the community was, and how painful it was just to reach 4th job. that gave leveling up a whole new meaning
    i like how anti p2w this game is and how serious the cops are at catching cheaters/scammers etc

i wanted to fight different types of bosses, explore different maps and dungeons
    chill in sleepywood
    sauna in japan
    talk to people
    roll a chaos/white scroll and people saying grats in guild chat or hating me for it

i. HP washing. seriously, I LOVE HP WASHING. i like patiently voting to slowly increase hp
    "milky u hab shitty equip"
    o yeah? i have 8k hp at lvl 50 :]]]
    i also love Taiwan because of the CDs
    love the christmas events too, they are very well thought out

i. some PQs are empty, like poison forest
    "uwu just make fwens" yeah a lot of them doing hardcore horntail and zakum stuff not many at low mid level so rip
    ii. game gets grindy which i guess contradicts what i said earlier but after a while it burns u out
    iii. maps are sometimes reserved by leech agents who wait for someone to buy their service

yeah QOL updates were neat
    tho tbf the server was pretty mature already so it was almost as good as when i joined

i. islander content like bosses and storage
    ii. curb inflation
    iii. make mid tier grinding lvl 40-90 more interesting

yeah
    thanks for everything
    i will not forget this one year of fun and will remember it forever

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. zzzzBen

zzzzBen Blue Snail

Jan 25, 2023
    Male
    Packlot
    Cleric
    Jan 2023
    Gtop100
    Classic MS gameplay that takes away the headaches of mapleroyals
    Desire to start over on a new server
    Party quests, job advancements, bossing, scrolling
    -Twitch streaming on homepage
    -HP washing alternative
    -PQing limited to the appropriate level range (for example, no level 31+ in KPQ), but also allows more or less party members
    -Classic MS gameplay with 2x EXP and 3x Quest
    -No Vote2Win
    -Improved travel from world to world (such as ellinia to orbis)
    -Less channels
    -Some skills are buffed and allow for use on bossing (threaten, blind)
    -Roll100 function
    7. Your least favorite things about MapleLegends? (feature, content, etc)?
    -Leeching is prevalent. Leeching significantly ruins the game as it allows people to just afk and level without playing the game, therefore reducing the number of people willing to PQ, grind, complete quests, etc. Leeching should be eliminated by not allowing characters in parties who don't move, attack, or use skills for X amount of time to receive any exp. New players are also at a huge disadvantage since they won't have the funds to buy leech or a high level mage where they can leech themselves.
    -Low population (but I'd say that's an issue for all other private servers as well)
    -1X drop rate. I'm ok with this being like the original MS, but collecting certain drops for quests and accumulating enough mesos to afford pots for new players is past challenging, it's frustrating, especially for mages.
    -No CPQ1. I completely understand why as it takes away players from other PQs and trade wins killed all the fun, but please see my comment in section 9 regarding this
    -Reduced channels means a reduced number of mini-bosses to complete quests (stumpy, dyle, etc)
    N/A, since I just joined
    -CPQ1, but only if trading wins could be eliminated. Make the win and loss EXP proportionate to the total number of CP obtained for your own team. Then for the winning team, introduce a subtracting function that factors in what CP the other team obtained that would be added as a bonus EXP reward. Therefore, each team earns more EXP for more CP obtained and the winning team earns more EXP the worse that the losing team does (or less EXP the better that the losing team does). Implement a minimum CP threshold for earning EXP and non-monster summons used. This is to discourage trading wins and promote actual competition like it was intended, using all of the summon functions. Who remembers the original MS days of doing a 2v2 where both teams actually fought to win and you were summoning stuns, wep cancel, etc. There was actually a lot of strategy and fun to it.
    -PQ exp that is rewarded based on your level. Ludi PQ exp at lvl 35 vs getting the same exp at lvl 50 makes the game less enjoyable
    -Significantly increase the EXP reward of demanding quests. There are so many quests where even with 3x EXP, makes them a waste of time. I can do the Strange Dish I quest at lvl 25, collect 40 evil eye tails, and get an 8k exp reward (before the 3x multiplier). If I do the Maya's Concern quests at lvl 40, I need 20 leatty furballs, 20 cold eye tails, 50 holy water, 30 flyeye wings, 30 nependeath seeds, 50 antidotes, and 100 jr. pepe's fish all to get 3k exp (before the 3x multiplier). Don't even get me started on the special taste of florina beach exp rewards or the 2300 cursed doll quests. (This is assuming the exp rewards before the multiplier for the quests on this server is the same as listed on the bbb-hiddenstreet webpage, which it seems like several, if not all quests are.)
    -Buff Holy Arrow. Max magic claw does 40 at 2 hits. Max holy arrow all the way at lvl 30 does 80 at 1 hit with the same mastery % and a higher MP cost. This is mind boggling why this has not been buffed (unless it has and I just don't no it yet because I'm lvl 41). It's only advantage is using it against undead monsters which is already a huge limitation. Please no useless skills on this server.
    -Buff Shining Ray, assuming that holy arrow would be buffed first. Its damage already isn't very high and takes many levels to be effective.
    -Add Mu Lung Dojo
    -Add iTCG items
    -Add medals
    -Add monster name and level when you hover over any map point in the world map
    -Add the quest counter that would appear in the top middle of the screen as you collect quest requirements
    -After accepting a new quest, pressing the quest tab key should automatically go to that quest's details page so that you can add it to your quest tracker tab more quickly
    -Collecting the last monster card for a given monster should give you 1.5x exp instead of 1x exp for that monster for the next 30 minutes
    -Add a storage npc in the free market
    -Have owl of minerva results be provided in price order, least to most expensive
    -Create inexpensive Party Quest Megaphones with pre-filled text for each PQ that players can purchase to more easily recruit players for the party quests. Or, create a more effective PQ system for people that are recruiting and people that want to join, but are not already in the PQ start area
    -Add the tradeable pink 50% scrolls as a PQ/Boss drop that would give, for example, +3 weapon attack for a ‘50% Scroll for Two-Handed Sword for ATT’
    -Add a teleport in KFT that teleports you from one end to the other
    -I'm sure I'll edit this as I continue to play this server more, but I do like several aspects of it, there's just a lot of room for improvement as mentioned above. Definitely better gameplay than mapleroyals and run by a better team

• Great Work Great Work x 4
  14. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    I have to say, I really like the idea of a scaling the exp from PQs - that could really make a difference in player participation.

Having done more quests than anyone else on the server (over 11,000) I wholeheartedly agree that the payouts for some quests most definitely need a revamp.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    • Near the end of December of 2019.

2. How did you find/learn about MapleLegends?
    • I was going to play Gunbound and the website directed me to MapleLegends forums.
    • The vote page where FatBobMarley was streaming

• Other private servers don't have the friendly tag, as in "everyone is friendly" but theres only a few that aren't and this hits the feels hard.
    • Being vaguely clueless about how things are in the server and not be pointed out negatively. (I used the official source of things, but this is a private server, they can customize things.)

• Playing with alliance and helping out newbies. (This isn't centered around just newbies, this is with anyone.)
    • I probably still wouldn't be "here" if it weren't for my guild/alliance, life savers. No, oh yeah the candy yeah lets go with that.

• Spread kindness, unless..
    • Making people happy and feel appreciated.

• The staff team, staff in most other games don't interact with their player base other than events/tickets.
    • The ability to disable reactions in forums, most forums I've been on don't have this option.
    • Muting smegas with @Megaphone command.

7. Your least favorite things about MapleLegends? (feature, content, etc)?
    • When people get permanently banned for anything and that blue text shows up, to stop laughing at the individual, it isn't funny, it's very sad. It's depressing. (I treat perm bans as if they died.)
    • Multimaging feels like the wrong crowd's being plummeted into the ground with a splat. (Single client users being heavily affected, by the balance changes.)
    • Pets being able to loot other people's gachapon tickets, it sees one in its view.. SWIPE it's gone. (Not being in a party with them.)

• This has to be a trick question, it depends on how things were handled.

• Every Cash Shop item. Every set completed - not event gated.
    • A better Terms and Conditions for player discrimination and harassment.
    • A better Mapowner command.
    • The Bjorn mount added back into the game since it was removed for a disconnect bug. (The purple white unicorn.)

• Spirit and WeenieHutJrs (Playground Alliance) has made hanging out feel less like crap, they keep things wholesome.
    • I thank Mirrors and Mott for being there for me during my dark times.
    • Thank you Kimberly for making MapleLegends.
    OnionBlush
    [​IMG]
    • No matter where you go, everyone is connected. Thats just what the wired is, it connects everyone together so let's just all be kind to one another.

16. zzzzBen

zzzzBen Blue Snail

Jan 25, 2023
    Male
    Packlot
    Cleric
    Thanks for your feedback. I also think that there could be better rewards/bonus items and that an additional bonus amount of exp should be rewarded based on the more time left that you finish with.

17. Siegfried

Siegfried Master Chronos

Apr 21, 2017
    Male
    Surprised I've not posted in here yet! I'll chime in.

2016 (although my main character and forum account are from 2017).

GTOP or whatever ranking sites. I'd had gotten to level 200 and to 4th job on a few characters on MapleRoyals, but I stopped due to stagnant gameplay experience, indifferent GM attitude about updates/changes among some things...

I've heard that MapleLegends had a better community due to its nostalgia appeal. That consensus I feel was more or less correct when I played back in 2016.

A lot of changes for QOL and research have been done to improve the core game mechanics. Many older players I played with KPQ, LPQ are still active today and on my BL, which is quite surprising.

I'd like to reach 4th job on a few classes, because I enjoy the gameplay variety. I'm currently working on my Corsair, since my Buccaneer and Shadower have reached that point. DK may be next since he's sitting at 80 or so.

I think zzzzBen did a good job on recapping what I like about ML; See 4.
    Also, I like the modern approach to imagining what MapleStory could have looked like, if it kept the original core mechanics in mind. Nowadays, our current MapleStory feels and looks like a cheap gacha game. The pacing here feels better in my opinion.

- HP Washing. This is the single biggest deterrent from me and others from creating classes, then realising they have to do all these "MaplePro" tricks so they can participate later on. It makes me feel like I've wasted my efforts on my character and should restart, or not play at all.

- Leeching. Too much focus on this. I'd like to team up with friends, grinding and doing quest together. The Levels from 1-35 (see multiple quest guides) are great! Lots of fun content you can do before the Quest EXP rate goes down the gutter even with the 3x rate, because Neckson didn't bother scaling/increasing the EXP or giving some at all for some quests.

Which leads me to my next one:

- Low Quest Item Drop Rates. Holy moly. I can get 2.5 sets of a monster on a non-mage without getting all the quest items. As an example, I was grinding the quest with a DK for the Demolition skill. It took maybe 3 hours to finish /50 items from a map full of the Blue Dragons. Terrible. There's more than >10000 quests in this game. Especially with only one character.

- Low Quest EXP (>Level 40 onwards). Not worth it to do quests anymore beyond this point, even with the EXP multiplier. Too tedious, too little quest EXP. Would be nice if quest lines can be revised for multiple levels to have a nice level pacing. Grinding is straight up better, because you can get better items out of it.

I feel like these points explain the sharp decrease in players beyond Level 50 (or stopping at OPQ).

And honestly, I think the main gameplay goal should be to try or play many characters, because they all have different mechanics. Once these are looked at and fixed, then perhaps we can expect to see more newer players stay playing.

(Of course, slippery slope. It can't be too easy.)

Definitely. See 4.

Having the "least favourite things" revised is a step in the right direction. HP washing (and partially Leeching) is being revised with HP challenges.

I like seeing and playing with new players. They usually have different perspective from experienced players who are obsessed with stats, min-maxing and usually non-collaborative play (apart from bossing).

I have a lot of fun making simple new characters to go from 1-50 because the balance between PQ, quest and grinding feels great, and taking these new players along is fun. Just wish the experience didn't really drop off at >50.

And, when balancing out these quests-- >10000 quests may seem like a lot, but, dividing into quest lines / maps and intended Level and how fast you're going to get to those levels (maybe taking leeching speed as an reference indicator?) goes a long way into making it happen.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Jackii Kon

Jackii Kon Dark Stone Golem

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Dragon Knight
    :(
    Oh boy, late to the party

September 2015 I believe

Just googling for some oldschool maplestory servers? I hadn't played any maplestory since way back when Global was still a thing and I didn't like the turn modern Maplestory took so I ended up here.

Barely any really? If anything I was hoping it'd be like the good old days, which it was in a lot ways.

Thing is, I didn't. I'm very on and off with the game since I'm not very involved in the community, nor do I really talk to anyone ingame. I come back every few months, play for a few weeks and then disappear into the void again. SlimeSmile

I enjoy the grind because I am a real sigma. Jokes aside I just like running in circles or squares mindlessly and see number get bigger brain very satisfied yes.

One of the coolest things for me is seeing content I never actually got to play when I was a kid. Be that from different regions, events I could never participate in, etc.
    I also love that the staff is so involved with balance changes, QoL, there's a good amount of communication and generally everyone I've run into, be that ingame or on the forums, has been kind to me. Surely there's bad apples everywhere but I've been fortunate enough to not have to deal with that yet.

I've never particularly enjoyed the idea of leech being a thing. But I understand that it's just a core game mechanic...
    One thing I really dislike though is multiclienting or even the multi-account meta. Not to sound like a boomer but IIRC in the early days of the server multiclienting was a big nono and even having multiple accounts to vote on was not allowed to my knowledge. Now it's just... "Make an HS mule, make a SI mule, make a SE mule, make a meso up mule, leech them up to appropriate levels, leech your own attacker, have a seperate account for the attacker that you vote on so you can wash them. NX drop event? You better have 4 accounts running while DK Roaring an entire map so you can collect the cash on your attacker every few minutes."

Of course the average player doesn't do this but back then if I wanted HS I had to find some silly bishop or priest hanging out in fm to buff me and I had to talk to them. It just created more of an incentive to socialize I suppose, which is probably the only reason why, when I actively engaged with people, it was back in 2015-2016. Also the only time I was in a guild and we all hung out on skype. Fun times.

While there's pros and cons that piled up over the years, I think the pros outweigh the cons heavily.
    So, yea I think overall the server has improved by leaps and bounds.

I think that ones pretty self explanatory if you read 7.SlimeSweat2

Thanks for being a server I can come back to every time I feel bored and crave the silly mushrooms. Especially over all these years!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    11:29 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    08/21

In LinLin YouTube

I started playing here to challenge myself, since I got frustrated with myself at GMS

the best server I've ever played, no jerks

improves in playskill in all contents, improves in gear, play with more char

I think it's a well balanced server despite the regrets, I like the bosses mainly from NT that I never had contact with

-

for sure, much more content, better events, better balances and gameplay

Dojo, medals, and some places like neo city

LFG

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    10:29 PM

Sister invited to play for nostalgia.

Wanted to experience how spamming a map skill feels like as I’ve only played thief class pre-bb, and expected to never come back after.

Very therapeutic grinding/farming with map skill on Bishop.

Completed:
    Bishop 1-hit Skele, Ulu2 and Ulu3.
    Shadower 15k potential HP by lv160.
    Shadower full gear with base 4 STR 25 DEX.

Ongoing:
    Possess 2bil meso only from merching and scrolling in FM.
    Casual playthrough with self-imposed meso limit.

Considering:
    Try Hero.
    Try Marksman.

Generally stable, fully working skills and quests. No FOMO. Don’t feel the need to participate in every content but the opportunity is always there to pursue, aside from exclusive cosmetics which isn’t a concern for me.

Nothing in general.

Lots of improvements in the technical aspects. Happy with the class balancing. However the FM selections seem significantly lacking as compared to 2018 when I joined, likely due to low affordability of certain scrolls, which makes scrolling a lot more daunting and risky for the average players.

Contents like theme dungeons, questlines or party maps that can fill the gap between lv80 and lv120+ to enhance the leveling experience.

Reward system for quest completion, similar to monsterbook.

Utilisation on lower level gears. Maybe a fashion NPC who collects 5 of each armor for 1 set completion. Reward system similarly like monsterbook.

10. Anything else you would like to mention.
    Just some thoughts:

Personally would prefer WS and CS to not share common currency.

Would love to see alternatives to exchange or craft scrolls, maybe like a new etc called scroll fragments, similar function like the prestigious coins. Dark scrolls requires additional curse-ish etc items to make, like curse dolls, undead charms or curse powders. Can shred any scroll into scroll fragments.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 1