1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Manifesto On The 3 Main Problems Plaguing The Server

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jesseaw, Feb 10, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    Jesseaw

Jesseaw Orange Mushroom

Nov 25, 2020
    Male
    11:39 AM
    TheMagicStik
    Beginner
    So I'm curious what makes me bad at the game, that I'm pacing my leveling out? That I have mostly farmed things that don't drop cards or PQ? Like what are you implying I'm doing wrong and what would be good, very confusing.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    2:39 PM
    PandaOn___
    Paladin, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    Homies
    It takes such an unreasonable amount of time to reach 30k HP on any character that is not a warrior/bucc that it is not worth it. We're talking ~2.5 years. If someone wants to do that, more power to them. But outside of like 3 crazies no one does that.

You guys have been missing the points people have been posting over and over. You DON'T have to invest significant time in it. In fact, you barely have to invest any time at all. Lets take a look at some of the information people have already provided that you choose to ignore.

9.4k HP is our target

Easy gears
    lvl 200 NL no washing: 4843 HP (again someone tell me if this number is wrong) + 1k HP MB ring + 300HP MoN + 300HP BF cape + 600HP pet gear + 100HP Ellin ring + ~200 HP event (usually even more) = 7343 HP with no washing. Lets also add a face for HP as we aren't min-maxing here and face accessory is a viable equip to switch out for HP: +120HP face accessory = 7463HP.

We need 1937 more HP to get to our goal, or 1292 MP. This will require 108 washes and require you to have 80 TOTAL int for 162 levels. Or 90 int for 144 levels. Or 100 int for 130 levels etc etc. It is an amount of int you will barely notice at higher levels, and an amount of int that can be reasonably done only through int gear.

"Best in slot"
    lvl 200 NL no washing: 4843 HP + 1k HP MB ring + 300HP MoN + 300HP BF cape + 1050HP pet gear + 100HP Ellin ring + ~200 HP event + 210HP face accessory = 8003HP

We need 1397 more HP to get to our goal, or 932 MP. This will require 78 washes and require you to have 60 TOTAL int for 156 levels. Or 70 int for 132 levels. Or 80 int for 117 levels etc etc.

If we take the past xmas event + the halloween event, we'll find that they actually provided much much more than just 200HP in equips/rings. I see that trend continuing and the washes to hit that 9.4k benchmark even lower.

What does this tell us?
    1) Players that did not know about HP washing can catch up to hit the 9.4k target even if they already started their character (this should already be evident from Kalash's washing post albeit it was a tad extreme)
    2) You can still play the game normally while barely washing to your end game target
    3) instead of a year+ of voting, you'll be able to get enough NX in <=~3 months of pure voting (less with events that are literally giving you AP resets) and I doubt you'll get to the end game by then anyways

There is a lot of misinformation about washing and how much is needed which creates a large amount of hate. As I've already said I do not like that washing is required for all content, HOWEVER it is not as overblown terrible as some are trying to make it out as and I don't believe it should be completely scrapped. I hope that this thread can at least educate people that 200 int isn't needed and that it's not the end of the world if they started their character without washing.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    When did you make your character in Saga?

Was it before or after GGWashed patch?

Before > Washing was the same as here.

After > NEWer players (that means future characters, characters that you had to drop into Maple Island again.) could get badges to then trade them in at Zakum or Horntail, for HP.

Older meaning after the patch went though and you were like level 140 before that was even patched into the game you were able to still use INT and wash out with resets, read the spoiler thats there I pretty much just copy pasted what GMAlex said about GGwashed patch.

4. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    2:39 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    It is true that 200 int isn't needed to play all contents, and as you mentioned AioriaX's NL is the perfect example.
    However, with MapleLegends being [HP Washing Optional], I still think this needs to be resolved somehow, or as what OP has mentioned, a new NL-wannabe should not have to worry about whether he wanna HP wash or not at before 3rd-4th job when starting out

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Jesseaw

Jesseaw Orange Mushroom

Nov 25, 2020
    Male
    TheMagicStik
    Beginner
    I really should stop mentioning 30k because everybody takes it out of context I'm not saying you have to hit 30k I have never said that, I'm not saying it's common or popular I have never said that either. I'm saying squishy characters should not be able to hit 30k period.

And leveling to 200 while washing is a significant amount of time aka sunk cost fallacy.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Sunk Cost fallacy or not, it is still possible to fix HP washing without affecting older players. There's some previous HP Washing proposals before, while are flawed, does looks promising to solve the issue while retaining HP washing

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    Apologies since this discussion doesn't really belong here, but I want to defend myself:
    Yeah, that was expected because that'd screw over players that were in middle of their wash. It's been removed minus the few characters that existed before the patch. Now the cost for a full wash is the same, but players don't have to pump int.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    I never knew my mother played MapleLegends thanks for telling me that I should give her free leech.

HP washing doesn't make the game "less important" if you want HP washing to be removed then go play GMS in either Scania, Bera, Aurora, Elysium, Luna or even Reboot (NA/EU) because obviously you highly dislike it here.

I'm from Broa and Bellocan the main server, but GMS died and the only world that people play in is Reboot and that world is just an abomination..

Which worlds are getting merged?
    • The first new World will include Broa, Khaini, Galicia, Renegades, Arcania, Zenith, El Nido, and Demethos. The name of the new world is Elysium.
    • The second new World will include Windia, Mardia, Yellonde, Bellocan, Chaos, Kradia, and Nova. The name of the new world is Aurora.
    So what happened here? They merged 7 and 8 into into one.

What will happen if I have more than 50 characters?

• The character selection screen will display up to 50 characters - players who have a large amount of characters from multiple merged worlds and who exceed the max character count in the new world can open a special UI to select which of their characters they would like to display within the new world's character selection screen. Those players who have more than 50 characters must select 50 characters through this UI and start removing their characters until they have fewer than 50 characters. The 50 characters they choose will be displayed in the character selection screen and can be accessed normally, while their excess characters will be temporarily inaccessible.
    • After these players remove some characters from their character selection screen, they will be able to access the newly added special UI again in order to select other characters to replace the ones they removed. This special UI will be provided after the world merge until January 2020.
    • If players don't select the 50 characters that they wish to display on the character selection screen before the UI is removed in January 2020, only the highest-leveled 50 characters will appear on the character selection screen and players will have to remove characters to access the hidden characters.
    • Players in these merged worlds who have a large amount of characters are highly advised to begin removing their characters and consolidating their equipment so they can easily access all their characters later once the world merge is officially implemented.
    • To help you better access all of your characters, we are holding a special sale on the Extra Character Slot Coupon. Players can purchase an Extra Character Slot Coupon for a discounted price of 99 NX after the maintenance ends on August 28th. The sale will last until January 29, 2020.

Thats not what he means, anyone can be level 16 and be a god at the game.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    You didn't read the spoiler.

10. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Neckson raised HP reqs on bosses in order to sell more Wheel of Destiny. HP washing was unintended but I think Neckson knew about it and kept it in to make more money. All of MS was pay2win $hit even in pre-BB after very early versions. Items like ele wands, sky skii, etc. were blatantly overpowered Gacha exclusive items. It's easy to not know how this was if you didn't play v62 or just forgot after so many years... on Broa GMS there was basically 2 classes of players, those using Gachapon weapons (and you needed to use Gachapon a ton yourself to even afford them) and those who did not and had to use suboptimal items and builds. On the subject of LUK staffs, using those staffs results in 5-15% less TMA than a LUKless mage of similar level even if the LUK mage uses perfect clean gear and has 75+ LUK on clean equips. LUK Bishop, I think, is a lot better but LUK ele mages are really far behind. It's kinda sad, IMO, since it closes of a huge part of the game for the most popular job in Legends. There are tons of other threads on here about this topic though if you want to go into that. Similarly, oddjob builds aren't great examples of viable builds. I have a STR Cleric and a pure DEX permabeginner and while they're fun to play, they're not even close to viable for anything above level 50 or so. My Cleric won't even have enough MP to survive Zakum with Magic Guard and does less damage than a permabeginner with a level 20 Frozen Tuna. Yes, it's "possible" to play the game with almost any build. There's somebody in Oddjobs guild with an HP warrior who only uses daggers. That doesn't make it viable nor possible to reasonably completely endgame content. The benchmark for what's viable, IMO, is whether or not a build can reasonably keep up with the metagame builds and complete level-appropriate content.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. SapphireJ

SapphireJ Dark Stone Golem

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    I am just going to say this again.
    This is a V0.62 Private server with washing. This is not a No HP washing, No Leeching and No MultiClient server. These are in no way major issues as what you imply but the FEATURES OF THIS SERVER.
    MapleLegends is designed and made this way -- if you can't accept this, you are better off playing on another private server or even GMS (I am really sorry to say this, but you seem to be really unhappy with how this server is set and made to be)
    And you thinking we are looking at you as a shill from another server pretty much says it all -- People are going to have opinions whether you're on MapleStory or not, but you cannot force or hammer people who disagree with you, let alone admins like Kimmy if she decides to close this thread and not take in whatever you said here.
    There are also games I play in my life I dislike or just don't like playing, but I am not going on their forums demanding or bashing disagreements just because I don't like the play style (for example, I am not impressed by Valorant, but I am not going on Riot Game's forums to push my point and problems on making it a CS:GO game instead).

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
  12. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    upload_2021-2-10_20-17-41.png

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    Yeah.. Ridiculous to assume its a shill right xD

A lot of the kinds of changes that are being suggested in favor of this post are asking for a lot of new features to be made and implemented . Basically asking the developers that work for FREE to do some crazy coding shit that is probably far beyond the scope of what they signed up for. I wonder how many of you even care about this part about making a suggestion (making one thats reasonable for the staff to even consider).

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Ah yes. The weekly topic on HP washing with almost the same agurment from both sides.

All you need to do is to stop adverting HP washing as optional, and advice the new players according. The recommended level of washing of different characters. Some need more, some need less or none. So that players don't ended up with some gimped/trashy 3rd job characters and feel cheated because hp washing is optional lol.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    If there’s dog shit in my Japanese food and I have to work for months just to be able to enjoy it, sorry, I’m going to the Chinese restaurant. HP washing is ramen with dog shit in it, and this is a bad analogy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Actions speak louder than words.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    4:39 AM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    I am a filthy skeles leecher. I support abolishing leech.

I have a high Int range character. It is reaching its hp goal very soon. I support making hp washing easier.

Sunk cost fallacy does not automatically put me in the category of defending hp washing. There's HB. There's HP equips.

This game shouldn't have to be leech story. Be it washing or selling leech to earn money.
    Have a good day everyone. Be kind.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I wonder when people will learn to try to listen to other’s opinions and form a more cohesive understanding in a thread instead of just parroting the same shit 40 times as if saying the same thing over and over again will somehow make them more correct.

This thread was painful to read but definitely hilarious.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. healskys

healskys Slime

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    Many people seem to miss OP’s point, which is that fundamentally speaking, HP washing is still an exploit, a bug.

The counters to OP’s point say that you don’t need to wash THAT much in order to enjoy endgame content. But that isn’t OP’s point. His point is that HP washing shouldn’t even be a thing to begin with, because the concept of it is fundamentally wrong.

HP washing is a gimmick, an unintentional flaw in the game. It became a thing because of how high level mobs hit so much harder relative to the HP scaling of characters without washing. This is a mistake that GMS fixed in subsequent versions.

I see many of you putting in so much effort to explain to OP that you only need to wash a little bit to enjoy late game content, showing all your meticulous calculations etc. I commend you for that, but honestly, just looking at those numbers turn me off, especially if I’m a new player stumbling onto the forums.

To me, the concept of HP washing doesn’t even make sense to begin with, alongside leeching giving so much damn experience compared to grinding and playing the actual game.

About leeching: watching your character sit on a ladder for hours untouched, levelling on its own, in my opinion, is no different from botting, albeit a completely legal method. That is a whole different debate altogether, and I’m willing to listen to opposing opinions about leeching.

My point is this: I doubt any of the suggestions made by OP will be implemented based on how things have always been and the severe repercussions that go along, but these are things that we should think about moving forward as a server.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1