1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Manifesto On The 3 Main Problems Plaguing The Server

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jesseaw, Feb 10, 2021.

1. SapphireJ

SapphireJ Dark Stone Golem

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    10:19 PM
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    HP Washing is a Server Feature, its not a bug or exploit if MapleLegends wants to keep it.
    There are features in a game that is kept because it's meant to be that way. I am not saying that people should not give feedback, but asking for a feature change is already a big alteration to the game itself in the economy, how it works, virtually a LOT of things.
    Also, I don't see a problem with leeching. People are still paying someone a service to help level up their character and usually those paying already have played through some games. You also cannot compare leeching to botting because there is still someone using the keyboard and mouse (unless they are a botter or macro user themselves)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    You leeching leftists make it sound like money required to buy leech comes out of thin air.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    2:19 PM
    Exactly this lmao. It's like how holy shield blocking sed is a server feature and not a bug/exploit since ML is keeping it. Ya'll want to complain about hp washing being an exploit but turn a blind eye on holy shield? (not trying to say the holy shield thing is bad but just saying that there are differences here to the original GMS that people keep comparing to that are now a feature in this server)

Hp washing is a feature that should stay in this server but the consensus is that there should be other items (maybe quest ring or something) which will aid you in getting more hp.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. SapphireJ

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    Now this is an example of good feedback or suggestion.

Things to improve, but not game changing, feature changing or just an ultimate change situation. Again, it's like asking MapleLegends to go from V0.62 to Big Bang or something - it really makes no sense.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Chrisss

Chrisss Horny Mushroom

Oct 21, 2020
    Male
    2102 Top Floor of Roppongi Mall
    ChrisBS
    Bishop
    Rogue
    Hi, I would like to address on regards to HP Washing. I understand how you feel about HP washing being an "extreme detriment"(this is coming from someone who's gone through this when I first started playing Maplestory/PrivateServers). upload_2021-2-11_21-49-32.png
    However according to this (picture above from GTOP), MapleLegends has described their server as "HP Washing Optional". As obvious as this may sound, it means you have the choice to HP wash or not to. It's definitely something that isn't mandatory and bossing is still pursuable. I totally get it, 30k hp on a NightLord is pretty intense and they aren't even suppose to reach that amount of HP to begin with.(I'm not here to make fun of you or disrespect you in any way and I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions) But I believe you're misunderstanding one thing. This is a Private Server, and not GMS. Although I can see MapleLegends striving to bring authentic old school Maplestory for nostalgic sakes, it is still a Private Server where player's would like to reach certain goals they could not achieve in GMS back then.

I hope I've made some sense here as again I'm not here to make fun of your opinions as I love seeing people come up with suggestions/opinions to help balance the gameplay of the server. :D

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. SapphireJ

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    You can also add, back in GMS, you had to pay real money to wash.
    Now that is Pay 2 Win

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Chrisss

Chrisss Horny Mushroom

Oct 21, 2020
    Male
    ChrisBS
    Bishop
    Rogue
    Yeah I forgot to mention that.;) Thanks for the note.:)

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. hongjoo

hongjoo Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2017
    Male
    If someone can reap the rewards of farming 1-2 years worth of effort in leeching/scrolling, why is there a problem with someone hp washing to a certain amount of x HP. I feel like people are getting butt hurt because of how much others are washing more than their character. The problem is with the human nature of comparison rather than the problem of the system itself.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Chrisss

Chrisss Horny Mushroom

Oct 21, 2020
    Male
    ChrisBS
    Bishop
    Rogue
    I totally agree with this. Comparison eventually becomes competitive.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    On this point, I agree with you. It doesn't matter if you hit 18k or 30k (30k BM/NL might be something worthy to discuss about, but not anytime soon due to the amount of votes required)

But the term HP Washing Optional is causing a whole lot of other problems too.
    To some, including me, HP Washing Optional means you can take on any bosses without dying.

This does not mean that you can tank the highest damage. It just means either with pog dodging skills, or just being super chad, you have the ability to, not only contribute a good amount of damage, but also actually not die (and depend on res) for the entire run. Basically what AioriaX has been doing in PB and other end-game boss runs.

I believe most does not think that HP Washing is a problem. But the core problem is not comparison -> but rather a mechanic that, while supposed to be optional, is FORCED upon them.
    Thus, whether you washed, or you didn't, together with the help of MoN, T10 Monster Book Ring, and my trusty pets with 30% HP Scrolled, I should be able to join PB Runs at level 200, contribute to damage properly, and with dodging skills, actually not die at all.

TL : DR
    If you wanna wash, so be it. But players should not be content limited due to not washing. It is true that you can HT without washing, but you can't say the same for PB.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Cashew2

Cashew2 Orange Mushroom

Oct 19, 2020
    Male
    10:19 AM
    Cashew3
    Night Lord, Corsair
    If this is truly what people arguing against HP washing in this thread want, we could have all saved some time if they did some research in the many forum posts that have been created around this issue.

According to Akash's HP washing thread, the only bosses that require some degree of washing currently are: Vergamot, Toad, and PB.

All of Vergamot's attacks are dodgeable by ducking. Since most of his skills have a significant wind up animation, it's actually pretty easy to dodge everything here.

For Toad, washing is inevitable I guess, but having run Toad a few times myself, it's such a niche part of bossing and not HP washing probably saves you all the brain cells you lose by trying to stay awake in the 30-50 minutes that it takes.

For PB, Kimmy has stated in her year-end post that staff is looking for ways to introduce HP gear into the game. This hopefully will let unwashed characters hit the 8.2k threshold needed to survive (given that they have pog dodging skills like you say). So maybe you can say that "wahh HP washing optional is a lie since we can't PB", but the reality is, if you were to draw a Venn diagram with all the unwashed characters on the server and all the characters that were PB eligible in terms of damage, levels, and mechanics (disregarding HP) there probably wouldn't be anyone in the middle AND it's an issue that staff is already working on.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Of course there will always be some people who wants HP Washing to be removed completely. But I believe its not the majority.

Most of these just wants either one or more of these
    1) Being able to make a comeback when they just learnt about washing at lvl 120.
    2) Obtain HP with less effort (1k AP Resets?)
    3) Just blatantly wants 15k HP with no efforts

Obviously I do not agree to point 2 and 3 as I do not wish to invalidate efforts of previous washers, be it light or heavy wash.

Yes, while I did not fight verga before, I am aware verga can be done with 0 washings (just be chad and dodge everything)

Toad has always been an unpopular boss, so it is possible to ignore its existence, even right now. Not relating to this, but if you can tank a PB max damage, you should be able to tank Toad too.

And yes, this is the main concern. Based on others suggestions in the past, I do have some ideas on how to make this work. But I do still need time to think about the impact, especially on lightly washed characters

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    [​IMG]
    The majority of people in this thread are in support of the ramen with dog shit. So maybe there actually isn't dog shit in it.

edit: i don't think i can keep replying to this thread anymore, cya guys

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    7:19 AM
    Or maybe people have just been eating dog shit for so long, that they've developed an immunity to dog shit and the bacteria has rotted their brains to the point of thinking that eating dog shit ramen was ever a good idea in the first place. "The dog shit in this ramen is a feature, not a bug!!"

• Disagree Disagree x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    7:19 AM
    More like the money to buy leeching comes from other people so frustrated with playing an attack class that they have to start a bishop to sell leech themselves, and then buy leech for their other chars because they're too lazy to even self-leech.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    The thread derailed to sarcastic comments and personal attacks. If you feel strongly about this topic, you should try to keep the conversation civil and on point. Don't get baited by memes.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    PandaOn___
    Paladin, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    Homies
    They can do this with a mixture of adding base int and buying int gear or going Kalash's extreme route of resetting a bunch into int, MP washing, and then reset washing. I showed the math for it earlier and it's not terribly unreasonable, especially considering you'll be accidentally leveling with int from equips anyways from a mixture of zak/scar/rav helms, rings, pendants, and event equips.

Except part of his argument is about how it takes too much time and effort to wash, so we showed him that wasn't true. Yeah, there is math involved in the game, but many people have created a variety of calculators so that people do not have to do this math themselves.

At this point HP washing is part of the identity of private MS servers. This isn't GMS. GMS didn't get rid of HP washing in v.62 anyways, and this is a v.62 server. It's not going away, so we may as well respond to these threads to help the new players who don't understand washing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    Appreciate the thought that went into your post and ty for posting
    I think with mules and multi clienting.. it's a part of the servers history. A long time ago there used to be an active pop. of around 40 players at any given time. If you didn't have HS, HB, Si, SE mules you were just screwed and couldn't get ahead. I know this isn't the case anymore but a lot of people worked hard for these things and I don't think we should just take them away or limit them to make people socialize. It's not a good enough reason IMO and some people just like playing with their mules. Another thing about multi clienting is some people go for gear, some people go for mesos, others go for mules and developing a full roster of characters. It's a legitimate goal and playstyle to have a ton of mules and play mostly by yourself using your roster of characters. It would be, imo, unfair to invalidate peoples hard work and against the history of the server to diminish mule oriented playing. The best way to reduce mules and make people come together is to make certain maps have automatic HS like the NT boss maps having 24/7 HS without a bishop would make higher levels play together more.

The real probs are the economy, players getting dual 200's at 5-6F and acting like it means something, and the economy. Then again economy has always been leech, gach, scroll, or die.

HP wash is just a part of the game, I think. The shitty part is making ranged as first char and not knowing what you did wrong but that happens with a lot of things like luk mages and certain skill builds. Plus, perfection always takes time and research if you wanted to wash *just right*. Otherwise, 96-101 washes for HT isn't that tall of a task it just needs to be common knowledge for new players.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Actually, if you read the very first line of that same wikipedia page, or the next line after the screenshot, it's pretty obvious that multiboxing and multiclienting are two different things. The screenshot isn't even the definition of multiboxing.

It's an important distinction because there is a chance someone reads "multiboxing is allowed" and looks up on google to do it, and then get banned for it. Not trying to be a hard ass about it, but not something to ignore either.

Edit: touché
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...-plaguing-the-server.37538/page-7#post-252407

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    So I'm trying to understand the difference here: Multi-clienting is just having multiple clients open, but multi-boxing is actually playing on multiple clients concurrently. Am I correct in this understanding?

If so, though, people definitely do multi-box. You have people spamming ultimates on multiple mages all the time; people using two PCs and/or macro to attack on their main attacker while using a buff mule, and there was even Sat who'd do separate HT runs on different characters. And as far as I know, this kind of practice had always been allowed, so I'm not seeing why anyone would get banned over this.

• Disagree Disagree x 2