1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What content can still be added to MapleLegends?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrJason, Mar 9, 2021.

1. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    10:56 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I think we can all consider maplelegends to be a fairly "finished" server when it comes to adding content. PB is added, all pre-BB world tour areas are added, and most of the areas from v63-v92 have been added as well.

So what else is there? I'm just listing things here from pre-BB, not making any arguments about if something should be added or not *cough cpq* :sick:. Not entertaining additional classes & their corresponding starting areas (KoC, Aran, Evan, DB). If I am missing things please let me know!

Various PQ's:
    • Ariant PQ (lv20-30, pseudo pvp, awards a chair)
    • Carnival PQ (lv30-50, pseudo pvp, awards lv35-50 weapons and a pendant)
    • Carnival PQ 2 (lv51-70, pseudo pvp, awards another pendant)
    • Nett's Pyramid PQ (lv40-200, awards a belt)
    • Mu Lung Dojo [solo & party variants] (lv25-200, awards belts)
    • Ghost Ship PQ [aka Dual Raid PQ] (lv60-80, pseudo pvp, awards 7 slot cape)
    • Ice Gorge PQ [aka shammos PQ aka Hob King PQ] (lv75-200, awards +%10 HP earrings and a 180 speed mount)
    • Dragon Rider PQ (lv100-200, awards lv105 weapons that give attack bonuses and lv110 dragon armor)
    • Lover's PQ/Grandma Tree (fills the role of Amoria PQ as a marriage PQ but for China+Taiwan MS, awards 100% Shield Att scroll, see here: https://maplesecrets.blogspot.com/2011/05/unreleased-bosses.html )
    • OSSS PQ [aka Visitor PQ] (various level ranges rewarding alien equipment of appropriate level, highest awards are lv127 VIP alien gear, this PQ was attached to the Visitor event discussed in the comments of this thread)
    • Abandoned Subway [aka Kerning Subway Clean Up PQ] (lv25-30, a lower level version of Nett's Pyramid where you kill a horde of monsters for 3 stages)
    • World Tour Boss Rush (JMS version of Perion Boss Rush featuring non-JMS bosses https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygMuCbPC3J8 )
    Quests:
    • Operation Strategy [aka Timer quest] (lv59+) *likely not added because of the UI elements for the Timer egg not being in v62 [Update; as of November 2022 the UI functionality is now in MapleLegends!]
    • Coke Shield & Coke Earring (should be obtainable as a reward from the Coke Town questline)
    • Neo Tokyo Quests (lv100+) *There are additional NT quests beyond what we already have in Legends
    Areas:
    • Mushroom Kingdom [Theme Dungeon] (lv30+)
    • Kerning Square [Theme Dungeon] (lv45+) *this is the GMS version of Taiwan :sick:
    • Neo City [Theme Dungeon] (lv70+) *this is the GMS version of Neo Tokyo :sick:
    • Shanghai Yuyuan Garden (CMS town area connected to Shanghai based on the real-life tourist area by the same name, it had a pseudo pvp arena, it also gave shanghai+shaolin a world map) see here: https://kmkm.forumotion.com/t2498-yuyuan-garden
    • Lionheart Castle (lv115+) *although this is post-BB, it's been hinted to be released in Legends, stats of mobs here: http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=40613
    • Internet Cafe maps (not particularly unique, smaller versions of existing victoria+ossyria maps for grinding)
    Bosses:
    • Chaos Zakum (awards chaos zakum helmet)
    • Chaos Horntail (awards chaos horntail pendant)
    • Neo Tokyo Bosses (Royal Guard S, Core Blaze, Aufhaven) *referred to as NT part 2
    • Balrog (awards +2 all stats shoes & other random equips)
    • Von Leon (see Lionheart Castle above)
    Monster Book:
    • Remaining Zipangu mobs (blue mushmom/mushdad, jonin, red slime, etc)
    • Taiwan mobs
    • Thailand mobs *not sure if cards exist for these mobs
    • NLC mobs
    • Crimsonwood Keep & CWKPQ Bosses & Amoria mobs *cards were never made in GMS
    • Coke Town mobs
    Other:
    • iTCG related exchange quests/crafting and pseudo-quest dialogue (Possessing items only acquired via iTCG code redemption allowed you to interact with various Masteria NPC's, such as Ridley's stone allowing you to talk to Ridley outside CWK for example)
    • Lv110 Dragon Equipment (craftable with Maker or obtained by Dragon Rider PQ)

EDIT 1: added LHC
    EDIT 2: added Monster Book section
    EDIT 3: crossed out content that has since been added
    EDIT 4: crossed out crimsonwood keep cards
    EDIT 5: added iTCG related content
    EDIT 6: added Coke Shield quest reward
    EDIT 7: added suggestions/corrections pointed out by RedwopRedwop thanks!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 12
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    3:56 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Apparently NT part 2 is rumored to be in the works.

But my money is on staff working to optimize and clean up all the code before this happens.

Either way it'll be great for us as we can enjoy a well optimized Maple experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    3:56 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    There’s a portal in wolf territory 2 that’ll teleport you to “future content”. If you try to enter the portal, it’ll hint you that there’s new content coming. I forgot the name of the new area

it might be a bug since the mobs on the map are wrong (according to the lib, previous experience and logic), but I doubt it

4. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    I do not believe any of the PQs other than carnival/ariant colleseum (which the staff don't want to add) are realistically possible in v62. Mushroom Kingdom may be possible (though I'm not sure if v62 can do the trampolines) but I believe the staff has no interest in adding it either.

NT Part 2 is pretty much confirmed to be in the works, so that's something to look forward to (even though the rewards don't look that great - auf haven circlet has really low base stats in exchange for 20 slots; the 60% scrolls suck a lot and the 5% scroll is, well, 5%). Chaos Zakum and Horntail should be codable without much issues? (I don't know much about them so I can't say for certain) From what I remember with my short experience with some v83 servers, Balrog seems very unlikely to be implementable on v62.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    That's the portal that leads to lionheart castle (party play area for level 115+ that was added a few months after big bang). I guess I can include that area since the staff are hinting at its eventual release

6. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    7:56 AM
    TBH, I'd like any other PQ other than these, the toxicity of "Win-Trading" while one person would leave then join and that person would be left out of it.
    (Party leader adds someone on the opponents win then say that they have to go right after and then another party would have to be formed again and that person would have a chain reaction of just not having a win traded could happen to anyone and its not a nice addition)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Lion Heart Castle was my all time favorite addition to MapleStory as it provided such awesome 115+ party grinding and overall promoted interaction among high level players (other than bossing). Would be so cool if it ends up being added *hopeful eyes*.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. MinuteFish

MinuteFish Red Snail

Jan 8, 2021
    Male
    1:56 AM
    CharlieM
    Beginner
    Personally I would love to see any kind of content that has alot more interactivity rather than just drink potions and spam attack in one spot

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Have you tried games that are not v62 MapleStory?

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  10. Hydrogen

Hydrogen Red Snail

Oct 17, 2020
    10:56 PM
    Cleric
    I think that certain content can be refurnished for other gameplay purposes rather than just omitting them because they would become a dominating content in the 'meta'.

If my memory serves me right, there would be some request for some form of PVP back in the day. But maplestory does not seem to be a game that is suitable for direct PVP, so some indirect form of PVP (eg, monster carnival) was introduced. I think that this PVP gap could be filled with some content. For example, rework the rewards of monster carnival (say, strip away the exp component) and the mechanics (say, open the content to everyone but limit to second job skills) and it could fill the gap.

Alternatively, if it is technically feasible, custom content should not be totally out of the window. Nostalgia gets players back into the game, but if we want players to stay or return consistently, new content would be necessary.

11. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    I think you might be very wrong there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Is he though? If the content remains the same for an eternity, people will eventually burn out. I think a big factor why Legends has been growing and maintaining a large playerbase as a v62 2x exp server is because they have been progressive with the updates at a very plausible speed. I'm not saying ''Let's get Chaos Zakum & LHC'' but updates that were added like monster book add a big share to the game that for a lot of people is another year of content.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Fair point, you're right there. I think I spoke too quickly out of dislike for excessive progress/new content/powercreep.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    10:56 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I feel like the only way PvP stuff like carnival could work in Legends without A) undermining old content and B) creating tons of toxicity is if they just outright removed all rewards.

Like you literally get nothing, no exp, no mesos, no scrolls weapons gacha nx chairs. Except maybe a win counter or leaderboard for top players.

This would allow the content to be a fun distraction while adding dimensions to the game. Carnival is a pretty cool idea but it was way too good for leveling and maple is a fookin grindy game, so naturally it devolved to win trading and also completely outclassing all available content in its level range. If we remove these incentives to it then the PvP aspect comes front and center again, could be a fun challenge for minmaxers while providing new fun goals for players who dont want to grind/wash for late game; how strong can you make a level 50 character to climb the Carnival rankings?

Just spitballing a suggestion.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  15. BloodArchon

BloodArchon Blue Snail

May 17, 2022
    Male
    4:56 PM
    Bluuders
    Bishop
    Personally I'd love to see kenta (aquarium) pq return as well (lvl 140+) , rewarding an eye accessory with +5 all stats and +100 hp.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Dragon Rider PQ, CPQ, Ariant PQ (The bombs are already in the files), NT Part two, Crystal Ilbies, Decent Boss drop rates. I don't know if post-BB stuff could be added as custom content but only time will say.

17. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Literally anything that entices people not to leech 100-120

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  18. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    7:56 AM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    I’d be glad if somehow the server “runs out” of content to add. Then there can finally be some attention put to rebalancing all the still kinda messed up but band-aided early and mid game content. There is so much potential especially in quests for rebalancing to occur. Also they could finally fix coke town and add the coke shield and whatever other random cool items like ITCG stuff

19. TennGohan

TennGohan Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    LHC - It encourages 6 man grinding parties, which would really boost the social aspect of the game. The bonus party exp could be adjusted to not make it op.