1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lynux HP/MP Washing EXPLAINED.

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Lynx, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Lynx

Lynx Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    8:52 PM
    Beginner
    Hi everyone, Lynux here!
    Here's a link to my YouTube guide.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgvSlvpHgmQ
    For those who prefer a written guide I'm posting it here as well
    (Note that a few tweaks were made between written/vid guide, but both have all the necessary info :] )

I've seen so many new players struggling with washing
    Yes, it may seem confusing at first or even after reading a guide or two, and in my opinion many guides don't actually EXPLAIN how this works, and so many ppl are still confused.
    So that's why I decided to make this guide. My main goal here is to let you UNDERSTAND how washing works so you can decide what will work best for you. Lets start:

1) As you probably already know- Washing is a method to increase one's HP/MP.
    Now, keep in mind - this method only works due to HP & MP sharing the same AP pool ,the same way all stats (STR/DEX/INT/LUK) ,share the same pool.
    Now you might not understand what does this have to do with anything, but you will understand in a moment I promise.

2) So the way this method works, is by putting AP into HP - (that's obviously how you increase your HP) and then "wash" out these points from your EXCESS* MP pool, so that you do not lose out on AP in your main stats, while still gaining HP from the points you put in it.
    So now you understand why this only works due to HP and MP sharing the same pool, if they didn't then you'd had to take out the points you put in HP - FROM HP, and you wouldn't get any progress there.

3) Now you may be wondering, what is *excess MP and how do I get it?
    So, its pretty simple; every class has a certain formula that decides what is the lowest MP you can have at a certain lvl, going into this is pointless, I'll add a link with all the formulas here, its very straight forward, but you dont need to memorize it or anything.
    So in order to take points OUT of MP you MUST have excess MP, meaning enough MP higher than the minimum amount you can have at a given lvl, your MP CANNOT go below that minimum amount.

4) Next is how do you get that excess MP:
    As you probably already know, for that you would need INT.
    The way this works is, for every 10 INT you have on lvl up, you will gain 1 EXTRA MP,so for example if you have 100 INT when you lvl up, you gain 10 EXTRA MP (in addition to the natural gain of your class,which you can also see in the link with all the formulas, some ppl tend to forget this). The INT amount will always be ROUNDED DOWN, so if you have 109 INT on lvl up, you will still gain 10 extra MP.
    **Note that this takes into account ALL sources of INT; such as gear AND buff (maple warrior)**

5) The other method to get excess MP is to MP wash.
    This means you will be putting FRESH AP into MP. Here again, INT comes into play- but only BASE int - gear /MW DO NOT contribute here. So, for every FRESH AP you put into MP, you will gain BASE INT/10 ( also rounded DOWN) in addition to the natural gain of your class) , so for example 170 base INT, will get you 17 MP + natural class gain.
    *Remember this only takes into account BASE INT so for this method to be effective you would need a decent amount of BASE INT

6) Ok, you now understand how to gain extra MP and how it is used to increase your HP.
    The last step is to use AP resets,but before that, a few notes:

6.1) As you can see in the formula gains link, there are different gains for FRESH AP and Reset AP;
    Fresh AP - are points that were not previously put into anything, a common mistake here is that fresh AP are only the most recent 5 AP you gained when lvling, this is not true; as long as a point was not put into anything it is still "fresh", so they CAN be saved up if need be.

6.2) For the most part, these differences aren't too significant - EXCEPT for a few cases, Warriors, Brawlers and Mages.
    These 3 cases are different because of the HP improvement skill for warriors & Brawlers, and MP improvement for Mages. This is important because these skills only apply when FRESH AP is used, so long story short, as Warrior / Brawler you want to only use FRESH AP into HP, and as mage, Fresh AP into MP. Make sure to MAX these skills before applying AP, for warriors & mages, this is the first skill you want to max at 1st job, same for brawlers - but they get it at 2nd job.

7) Using AP Resets: Now that you know all the different gains, you can decide for yourself how you want to use your AP & resets. Here are the main methods:
    1) For regular HP wash - Simply put fresh AP into HP and then use AP Reset to take out of MP into stats.
    2) For MP Wash - Put Fresh AP into MP and use AP Reset from MP to stats.
    3) This one has a bit more to it, so stay with me. it is kind of a combination of the first two ,and often referred to as "infinite wash" or "stale wash" , but for the most part it is MP washing, let me break it down a bit:
    a) First, you need 1 point in the HP/MP pool
    b) Keep Applying fresh AP into MP , and use AP Resets to take out of MP into HP.
    c) Finally, you AP Reset again from MP into stats - optionally, you can keep 1 point in HP/MP pool until you're completely done.

8) Now because HP/MP share the same pool, you can keep reseting from MP to HP, as long as you have that one point in the pool and have excess MP, just make sure you keep track of how many points you put in, and reset out of MP into stats so that you keep the 1 point you put in the HP/MP pool if you choose to.
    This method may seem a bit confusing at first so go over this again if you need :)
    8.1) A few more things to keep in mind about this method;
    since it is mainly MP washing, you need high enough base INT for it to pay off, and it will cost more NX (because basically you're doing MP AND HP Washing). However, this is more efficient in most cases, as you can see by looking at the formula gains.

Oh, one last thing - MP Washing for mages, once you understand all of the above, this is piece of cake:
    Since mages naturally have high base INT (and pure INT is meta), you will already gain a LOT of MP per MP wash. All you need to do as mage, is put FRESH AP into MP, and then reset from MP to stats (INT). When you take out of MP it will say -X MP, that amount is wrong, it will ALWAYS take out exactly 30 MP.
    I recommend to start doing this at around lvl 90-100, so that by the time you hit 120 and gonna spam ult 24/7 you already have a HUGE MP pool. Some people will tell you to start at 120, this is non-sense, and I just explained why.

9) If you're hardcore and want to also HP wash your mage, the best way to do it would be using the "stale wash" method, when you reach close to max MP, just keep resetting from MP to HP whenever you want.

10) One last VERY IMPORTANT tip. the MOST important thing in washing are your FRESH AP, they are the key for everything, and there is NO way of making a point "fresh" once its applied. So if you're not sure what to do yet - or like me and planning some crazy late wash with crap top of resets - I highly advice you to simply save your fresh AP.

So now you understand how washing works and can plan your way knowing what you do !
    I hope you found this guide useful and let me know if you have any questions!
    and as always; Happy mapling :)

Formulas Link:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/looking-for-verification-of-hp-mp-formulas.12056/
    NOTE: small mistake in the formula page, the fresh AP gains for MP are not variable, but always the minimum amount mentioned, e.g flat 10 for thief/archer and not 10-12.

• Great Work Great Work x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bax

Bax Orange Mushroom

Nov 30, 2020
    Male
    2:52 AM
    Paragax; Qishop
    Marksman
    Perion
    POGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

• Like Like x 1
  3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    11:52 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I believe MP washing gain is (Base INT/10) - 2

4. OP
    OP
    Lynx

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    nope. you're confusing because you mix up 2 formulas.
    What you are referring to is probably the difference between the fresh MP gain & reset MP gain/loss(which is 2 for most classes)
    this is exactly what I mean by other guides making things confusing T_T

As for the MP gain itself (for MP wash). it is base int /10

5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    11:52 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    An "MP wash" generally constitutes of putting a fresh point into MP and then eventually resetting that MP out into a main stat since nobody plans to keep the point in MP.
    The additional MP gained (usable MP) is (Base INT/10) - 2.
    e.g. If you have 260 base int, you can account for 24 MP gained from an MP wash that you can use to hp wash. This means that 1 MP wash will allow for 2 hp washes if you are archer or thief, or 6 HP washes if you are warrior. I believe this applies for all classes, and mages get a bonus from their MP gain skill.

The main thing you have to be wary of is the HP/MP ratio of each class when hp washing. You can use drods to find out how much additional mp you have each level up.

6. OP
    OP
    Lynx

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    I know but I deliberately did not go into such details,and rather focused on EXPLAINING how everything works. not the nit-picky confusing details.
    Once you understand how everything works and know the formulas, you can understand everything else and do the necessary math yourself and use the bot for MP check.
    Also the fresh AP MP Gain is 10-12 (for archer/thief) and not a flat amount (true for all fresh AP gains)
    Like I said, my goal here was explaining why and how this method works

7. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    From personal experience MP Washing my warrior,
    Using Fresh AP to wash MP gives a range of (Base INT/10)-2 to (Base INT/10)

Formulas may be there, but I've did the math of before and after wash, multiple times, for a few levels.

8. OP
    OP
    Lynx

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    like I said, in the reply above, and you can also see in the formulas page, FRESH AP gains have a certain RNG range (2-4 for warrior MP), and are not a flat amount.
    When I talked about MP wash I did not mean to include the MP loss when using AP reset out of MP.
    I was referring solely to the total MP gained

• Like Like x 1
  9. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    3:52 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Why do you need to keep applying fresh AP into MP? Actually, this b) step is MP washing.
    To infinite wash you can just do step a); AP reset from MP to HP til your MP minimum or til you run out of NX and then step c).

10. OP
    OP
    Lynx

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    I know its basically MP washing, I just wanted to break it down for new players that's all.
    I literally say it, and also explain further in the following part.

11. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    7:52 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Great job! I love the effort you've put into it and providing something new to the community is always refreshing to see.

However like others have pointed out and I'm sure even more will start surfacing soon enough, I think its really important to distinguish that your guide is a simplified explainer, and that there are many other additional concepts to be aware of.

I'm just concerned that people will have more questions and start getting more confused when they eventually start diving into the more intense concepts like the whole thing about mp washing, fresh/stale ap, etc.

Other than that im sure there will still be people who finds value in your work!

12. OP
    OP
    Lynx

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Thank you!
    And yes, I did mention the goal of this is explaining the methods and formulas. I deliberately did not go into all the endless details.
    I take it that once ppl understand how things work, they can then realize what is the best way for them to go about everything.
    There are endless guides going into all these details, but I feel like its important to first understand how things actually work and why, and I did not see anyone covering that, so I did it.
    Again, all the necessary details to understand everything ARE here, and the focus is on explaining.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    7:52 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    From my experience mp washing on a bandit I get a static 10 mp plus base int/10 and not the 10-12 mp. Am I super unlucky or is the 10-12 gain incorrect?

14. OP
    OP
    Lynx

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Are you using fresh AP into MP? if so then you should be getting 10 to 12 and not a static 10, (Plus the int/10 ofc)
    how many did you do? its possible you were just super unlucky xD but the 10-12 is definitely correct for fresh MP gain
    EDIT: you must be using fresh AP, otherwise you wouldn't be getting the int/10 bonus, so.. I guess RNGesus O_O
    Unless you already included the MP loss from taking out of MP, then yes, 10 would be correct

15. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    7:52 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    That line in bold doesn't make sense to me. If the first part of an mp wash doesn't give a static result then the second part couldn't either.

I just did another 5 fresh APs into MP and only got 10 MP plus the base int bonus each time. Do you have proof that you can gain more than 10?

16. OP
    OP
    Lynx

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    When you use fresh AP, the gain is never flat . however when you AP reset, the loss IS always FLAT and equal to the maximum amount of a fresh gain.

17. ScarletMoon

ScarletMoon Orange Mushroom

Oct 5, 2020
    Male
    Fresh AP only has an RNG for HP only, the gain in mp (after taking out the mp for stats), even with fresh ap is [floor(base int/10)-2]

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Lynx

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Actually I just double checked and you're right!
    So that formula page got that part wrong, no biggy anyways xD
    I'll make a note

19. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    2:52 PM
    Trion
    Beginner
    Question I always had about this is I always mp washed on all my "serious characters" and then at the very end did stale washing when I had enough NX to wash all the MP out. The question I have is it possible to MP wash (since you need fresh AP to do it) and then use that extra MP to get the FRESH AP HP GAIN right after you mp wash. Like I never did the tests but does double washing still just give you back the Stale HP gain because you already mp washed? Thanks

20. OP
    OP
    Lynx

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Double washing will still give you stale HP value.
    Gaining "fresh" value is ONLY from "FRESH" points - meaning point that was not previously applied into anything.
    Meaning each AP is only ever "fresh" ONCE - making them THE most precious 'resource' and the key to washing

What you could do is MP wash to get the excess MP, and later slowly fresh HP wash as well