1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

GUIDE: Voting 101 for multiple accounts

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Nightz, Feb 18, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    6:32 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    EDIT 5/15/2021:

I'll put this edit at the top due to the increasing reports of failing votes since yesterday. I also started to experience problems today and decided to try some alternatives again along with some guildies.

We found out that it seems mandatory now to use a different browser for each vote now while still doing the exact same stuff as I do in the remainder of the guide. You might also need to clear the data/ Cookies & Cache of the browsers you're using each time you vote.

These are the browsers that worked for me right away (and one vote done on PC).
    [​IMG]

There are plenty of other browsers around in the play store or app store, so please try some others too if some browsers don't work for you.

Honorable mentions are: Brave, Ecosia, Bing and We Browser.
    And don't forget to check the comments with extra suggestions or add your own!

Good luck voting!

I'm seeing an increasing number of people asking things regarding GTOP and being unable to vote in the Maplelegends Discord thus I have decided to create a small and simple guide on how to vote on GTOP for multiple accounts.

Please note that while this works for me and others it might not work for you.
    I also ask others to drop their solutions and workarounds with voting in the comments.

I posted this in Discord yesterday and it has already helped multiple people I had previously shared this with.

So here's a screen recording of how I vote on multiple accounts. I quickly edited the usernames out on my phone so excuse the ugly looks.

I am using the Firefox browser on my phone and able to vote like this every single day

https://streamable.com/lw4l5c

Sometimes it will say I already voted but I'll just repeat the process and it'll work.

This is no guarantee it works like this for everyone though.

To clarify how this works, I vote using direct links to my vote page which bypasses the need to login. This was explained in a previous announcement as following:

A few things to note are:
    • I am using Firefox and DuckDuckGo (as back up incase one account fails on Firefox)
    • I have noticed that browsers like Chrome, Ecosia, and Opera often don't work for people.
    • Make sure your WiFi is turned off before trying this
    • Give it some time when your in airplane mode
    • When it says "You've already voted" please try again as shown in the video, I believe the 3rd vote or so I also get that message.
    I understand that this is not a method that will work 100% of the time or at all for everyone just because it works for me.

I also want to refer everyone to an older guide showing the basics on how to vote in case you have no clue where to start.

EDIT: bishopmagebishopmage created an app to help the ease of voting considerably and I've been using it ever since!

Here's a link to the thread with all information on this app

• Great Work Great Work x 7
  2. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    1:32 AM
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. cookieeatsme

cookieeatsme Blue Snail

Mar 2, 2021
    Female
    1:32 PM
    Allyxia
    Cleric
    Hi, just wanna understand this better, what's the reasoning behind the need to go into airplane mode and then waiting for a few seconds before turning off airplane mode again?

4. boon

boon Mano

Jun 21, 2020
    BuccLah
    Buccaneer
    Crowns
    everytime u go onto airplane mode and turn off airplane mode, u get reassigned a new IP address. since voting is unique to one IP address, by toggling airplane mode, u can reset the IP address of ur mobile data

5. cookieeatsme

cookieeatsme Blue Snail

Mar 2, 2021
    Female
    Allyxia
    Cleric
    I see! Thankyou! :D

6. OP
    OP
    Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Here's an update how it currently looks for me on my phone:
    upload_2021-3-31_16-11-22.png

I decided to make copies of the GTOP links using DuckDuckGo for whenever a Firefox link tends to fail. quickly swapping to the DuckDuckGo link often works right away and costs me less time than going back into airplane mode and trying again.

7. Kanetsugu

Kanetsugu Orange Mushroom

Nov 15, 2020
    12:32 AM
    MaLaTang
    Bowmaster
    Munchies
    In the more recent updates to TopG, are you getting the verifications everytime you vote? I'm getting it and recently just been skipping TopG these days.

8. OP
    OP
    Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Yes, when voting with this method I have to do a captcha on TopG as well for each vote. I feel like the captcha is quick enough for me to just do it though.

9. anderskf

anderskf Blue Snail

Sep 27, 2020
    Male
    BustyBroad
    Night Lord
    Has anyone tried this on an iPhone and succeeded? If yes, what browser did you use and how did you add a shortcut to your homepage? I tried using Safari, but it doesn't work for me even when being in flight mode for 20-30 secs.

10. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    10:32 PM
    I have two discord accounts so that I can DM myself things to save.

I've DM'd myself the links to the TOPG and GTOP links and use airplane mode from using the links on mobile.

1. Log-on discord using wi-fi or its going to ask you to confirm the token from your email
    2. Go to the DMs that you sent from your main discord to open the link to vote
    3. Turn off wi-fi (so that 4G is on/aka mobile data) vote on one account Red/Blue
    4. Repeat until you voted on all accounts.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rothschild

Rothschild Blue Snail

Nov 4, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    is this method still works for you today? Run into the “you have voted xxx” issue again.

12. OP
    OP
    Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    It does seem like there are more issues right now, just tried my voting and so far only managed to vote on 3 out of 8 accounts that I vote on and had to pick a different browser on each of them.

Can only assume that Gtop changed something again and hope we'll find an easier workaround.

13. OP
    OP
    Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Made an edit at the top of the guide, managed to vote on all accounts rather effortlessly again.

14. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Just a note that switching between regular and private browse/incognito mode for some browsers can be used for two separate accounts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Kanetsugu

Kanetsugu Orange Mushroom

Nov 15, 2020
    12:32 AM
    MaLaTang
    Bowmaster
    Munchies
    Also not sure if its working for everyone, but you can Firefox and Firefox Nightly as two different browsers for example.

Another example with alternatives that worked for me are: Brave, Brave Beta, Brave Nightly (voted on 3 separate accounts with these three).

16. Rothschild

Rothschild Blue Snail

Nov 4, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Thanks for your help. I am suspecting that there are some issues with the gtop100 hosting server itself. Maybe leave a message to gtop100 and ask them to have a check might help too :)

17. OP
    OP
    Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    More issues appearing... you might need to clear the data/ Cookies & Cache from each browser you're using before you vote.

Personally I only had to do so with firefox

18. Slooshy

Slooshy Blue Snail

Apr 15, 2021
    Male
    F/P Wizard
    Last resort might be to use more devices and use your mobile phone's hot spot in case everything else fails. Which means you might have to use 1 device per account (which some may not have), but you can still use the airplane mode technique but with more devices.

19. OP
    OP
    Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
  20. yutizzle

yutizzle Blue Snail

Apr 22, 2021
    Male
    Wow I can't believe this actually worked for me.

• Like Like x 1