1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Change Meso-Up from being a party buff to a self buff

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by akashsky, Apr 18, 2021.

1. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    12:23 PM
    You telling me my bishop can do 10m dpm on cleave boss?? Why the fk am I still dispelling mage like a pepega..
    J> cwk as bish atker.. Has more than 1.4k tma.. Someone take me please.. Kekw

2. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    8:23 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Does the skill element amp affect neutral skills like big bang?

3. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    5:23 AM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Yes.

4. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Sorry Xiao, rip your bishop bigbang dream

5. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Don't let your dreams be memes. 6.67m dpm is still good. That's like half a shad :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    2:23 PM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    I want to offer a direction for this issue as there seems to be many opinions on the matter.

In MMOs when you have hard-meta situation like the mage-MU-farm we have, you have to remember you're looking to balance the situation, which doesn't necessarily mean nuking the life out of the class.

My point is instead of looking to iron out every new farming strat, you have to give players an alternative to making meso. Maple has always been the funnest when it allowed players to pursue their game goals in different ways - whether it's organizing and running bosses for loot and exp, grinding at a map for rare drops, or just straight up chill farming for meso.

Our only issue as I see it currently, is that bossing is greatly underwhelming in terms of rewards. There's not much to service (HT, Zak, cwk, scarga), some bosses' drops are of little to non-existant worth, and some end game bosses that are actually incredibly challenging to run offer offensively low exp (Dunas gives less exp than a Bigfoot!! the more you know).

I feel like by giving players a choice on how to make their meso, you can solve a lot of the dissatisfaction players might feel when looking at a mage-farm avarage gain and compare it to their bossing runs gains.

This way you also don't have to do crazy things like add ult CDs and rebalance the entire class (which could be interesting to see! But is very unpractical. It only happened in GMS waaaay later when all classes were alrdy capable of high mobility and near full map attacks).

Oh and MottoMotto... Don't even know how to get started on your "mages are 1 button gameplay" take lol. Like how different does a usual boss run look? Krex, Toad, Nib, nameless, most area bosses - and that's just on top of my head. There's more bosses in the game where you literally hold down your attack button than need to do anything to dodge attacks or strat. Maple is just like that since it's a relatively casual game. It's not just a mage ult thing. I 10000% legit do not understand your point

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    I agree with Edann, I'd say there are many people here who seeked out MapleLegends because they missed out on experiencing mage ultimates back in the days. By removing/nerfing this feature will definitely remove the identity of Old School MapleStory. However, at the end of the day, it is the developer's decision on where they would like to take their game, like all other games out there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    1:23 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Makes too much sense, won't happen.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  10. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    8:23 PM
    how about make all buffs self buff?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    After spending all these years in ML all I saw regarding drop rates or anything that is merely good has been fixed with nerfs. I could address some examples:
    -On beta getting power crystals was easy on Platoon Chronos then it got nerfed to perhaps getting 14 an hour (if you are a low lv guys grinding there)
    -HT only got nerfs in drop rates since release. I get it the book value is always going down and down and there is no fix but let's not make a new system to make HT profitable. HT even got buffed in damage and seduces that in the old days 5.5k hp was good with HB but now is a joke. Anyways HT issues...
    -Petri got nerfed several times
    -PB gets nerfed every single patch we get, perhaps this next patch it won't if we are keeping it asleep on limbo
    -You could get rid of cancels, first with dispell, later on by going to certain spots in the map (HT,Scarlion, Pianus if you left the map), with rush/corkscrew blow/backspin blow/magnet. But then all was gone, I get it is all a bug or an exploit (like washing) so everyone needs to suffer and wait like idiots every time the boss flips its middle finger at you. I could even say Scarlio and Targa are far worst and the rate they cancel is even more frequent, HT seems that got a cancel buff too. But well is old school, like dying from common diseases so we need to keep this aspect of the game and working perfectly (unlike Oak Barrel).
    -NT: drops air, they buff it a bit and make weapons drop from bosses, they realize the bosses drop weapons, they nerf it to the ground. I get it ppl bring a million mules to farm coins, so let's force everyone to mule, it is not my fault you don't play this game like you need to squeeze every single stuff on it, you play for fun? too bad.
    -HH was a fine skill, ppl use mules? kill the skill. Not many ppl play Paladin so I guess no one will notice. And yes HH got buffed from its previous iteration so Paladin would be a better class, but if it got nerfed it was purely cos of mules not because of legit Paladins.
    -Constant nerf on the Red Socks, first, it had an expiration date cos they were too op, now that face stompers are a thing let's remove the slots, there were some nerfs in between like make them last 6 months instead of a year. About the face stompers np they will get nerfed on drop rate slowly as the server ages.
    -Mages use SI mules to do better as they farm, we just realized after all these years SI never affected magic casting so elts nerf SI. This was true altho SI later affected all attacking speeds but we are gonna ignore that, lets apply a quick fix making mages immune to this buff, not gonna quick fix barrel with an easy undispellable tag on it.
    -Covid time, woops WS fell in price, quick nerf ticket drop rate and WS rates. Now they are so expensive and keep going up in price, if we do something lets not do it too fast, is better to have ppl grinding like this a second work than having everyone getting stuff.

If the ppl do a lot of Mesos with a million chars on I do think they deserve it but the fix that is the easiest and most likely will happen is nerf them, perhaps even more than one way. Making MU a self skill, perhaps then we need to nerf the maps where they grind, and so on.
    I tried to stay in-game as much as possible cos I like it but all the stuff that is happening lately makes me not want to play at all, I like to boss so my hopes to upgrade my weapon are nonexistent at the moment, I'm at the endgame if I don't farm like crazy.
    The decaying of bossing was coming a long time ago but we got nothing to fix it, no feedback either. I want things to go better again but optimism only makes you get disappointed more.
    Anyways enough backlash for today, I need to finish the HT prequest for the millionth time, I got a run later. At least could write a long reply as I camped Manon.
    Peace

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    make Bishops skills affect only bishops. this will lower the bishop population, and no one will tell any one to make a bishop before the main.
    IMO problem solved :yay:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    I totally agree with your post on principle, but this runs of the risk of goofing the economy up real bad. If it was easier to make meso across the board, prices would adjust accordingly and anyone without a late/endgame character would get screwed by the newly hyperinflated market

I kind of like the idea of limiting the number of clients per machine to like 2-3. Multiclienting is necessary in a smaller server, but balancing around the fact that people can multiclient 6 characters at once just isn't going to happen. As long as the game allows for extreme edge cases, people will find and abuse them.

Sure it's possible to use more than 1 machine, but making the barrier to entry harder would be better than nothing

14. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    9:23 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    it’s possible to limit per IP like maplestory phoenix did. 4 clients cap would counter sweepers and make multi farming mage less brainless.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    This works a lot less well when you consider multiple people in the same household playing on the same IP

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    If they limited clients per IP, I wouldn't be able to take family photos anymore. :(
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    9:23 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    For these cases they can open exceptions like the multi vote on royals. Another thing could be a rule that you can’t open more than 4 clients per player and ban people accordingly. In royals, they made bannable multi map farming. I think this makes sense too as another option.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    SI was never intended to 'buff' spell casts only the weapons speed.

Thus, its not a nerf but a fix.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Later on, Speed infusion affected magic spells as well it did so on EMS at least when I played my old bucc there (all pre-big bang). That's how I got a decent level on it, a Bishop from Beknoh (an old spanish guild) invited me to his premium mini-dungeons as he was grinding to get lv200, cos SI made it more efficient. Good old memories, altho it was op cos well he let me keep all teh miraculous scrolls for knuckle (100% chance of giving 5att 3str 1def).
    So yeah we all can pick a side or a version to justify something when we really are looking for is something else, in this case, a mage nerf, no more dps Bishop. Why not pick that version of the game? I rmb we also got no restrictions on transformation (in ML I can't even send a trade invitation to people when I'm transformed, but they can send me a trade), energy blast stunned mobs and so on.

So yeah is not technically wrong but is kinda funny how they would do a quick fix to nerf and not do a quick fix to welp fix the barrel bug, please fix it I need to use a cash item that last 7 days only to fix it, not vote to win.

• Agree Agree x 1