1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shivering's 100m Challenge Round 2 GPQ Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shivering, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    9:42 PM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    We back at it. We going to try to make this one not last <4 hours lol. Below you see an SS of my fastest GPQ time; this was a 3 man run.

[​IMG]

There's a couple prizes being given out. The time above shouldn't be too hard to beat since this was 2 mages duoing the boss LUL.

Requirements:
    • No cap on # of people you take with you, but it will effect your prize pool so be mindful. I personally believe that any additional member after 4 won't add any value if you perform GPQ actions optimally.
    • SS must be taken after Ergoth is killed. You do not need to kill all 4 statues.
    • SS must use the !time feature so I know you're not submitting an old screenshot. Please include a party window that shows levels and members of your party so I can confirm you're doing the PQ on this server and not some random one.
    • Deadline: The challenge will end with the start of the Anniversary event (so no exact date; when server goes down for the patch the timer for the challenge is over).
    Prize pools:

Fastest submitted time (if no times beat 10 min): 50m split between participants

Fastest time submission by deadline (must be better or match the time above aka 1 hr 20 left or better, or there is no prize pool; if multiple people submit with this amount of time left I will ask you for an SS of how much GP you gained from clearing Ergoth so please SS): 100m split between participants.

• Great Work Great Work x 7
  2. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    6:42 AM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Can't wait for you to do a JQ challenge :^)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    5:42 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    All this ULU 1 Farming has been put to good use by giving out to the community.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    fitness?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
  6. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    12:42 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    LF> Abby

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Calling up SobletSoblet to solo this challenge

• Like Like x 1
  8. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I've only done one run haha, these challenges are very cool. I'd definetly give it a spin if it was for 1 person, though I don't have the characters to really speedrun it. It slows down alot if you don't have a strong mage/sin/shootpirate.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    damn GPQ is really unpopular. Gonna give this 1 bump before we let it go into the abyss.

10. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    10:27 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    the lack of participants or submissions might have to do with the difficulty of beating 10 minutes, even for seasoned gpq-ers.

11. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Fair enough. I've edited the post so that there's a 50m prize pool to the fastest submission even if no one beats the 10 min timer.

12. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I think the difficulty lies in using the top timer instead of the GPQ points awarded. Trying to beat your time by a full minute is tough (your time could be 9:59 or 9:00, but you'd need a 8:59 to beat it)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    edited challenge to 50m prize pool for fastest submission without taking my time into acc.

14. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    I will say that when this post was made, almost every guild discord I was in posted and talked about it. Problem is that people don't really want to run GPQ, let alone try to fine tune it to beat your score

15. Amyst

Amyst Slime

Oct 31, 2020
    Amyst
    Night Lord
    Lore
    Our run is far from optimal since it was a guild activity, not a select squad of speedrunners. But, seeing as there aren't many submissions and 10mins is no longer a requirement, here's one entry.

[​IMG]

Possibly of interest:
    -I had a 2nd character (who's not in the party or in the room) get the crown and open the boss door.
    -We got 774 guild points for clearing the stage. I don't know if this number is based on killing Ergoth or turning in the Rubian.
    -If you are still reading this, I hope you have a wonderful day. =]

• Friendly Friendly x 6
  16. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    The GP you get for clearing the final stage is based on how much time is left on the clock, so the more GP you get the faster you cleared it! Thanks for the submission; always nice to see people get out and run some GPQs. :)

I've also changed the 100m prize pool to be unlocked if anyone can match the 10 min timer after getting feedback from you guys on its difficulty. Hope to see more entries coming in!

17. Amyst

Amyst Slime

Oct 31, 2020
    Amyst
    Night Lord
    Lore
    The new bonus GP rule is interesting. If the GP reward is based on actually clearing the stage (turning in the Rubian) then it is different from the SS taken right as Ergoth dies. It might make a difference in a close race.

For myself, I'm wondering if the GP rule applies to submissions that do not match your own time. Our time is certainly beatable by over a minute, but if it comes to it, I have no screenshot of the guild points. We also spent at least 2 minutes finishing off the remaining statues, taking a group photo (our last run for the day) and switching to alts (for nx) before actually clearing the stage. :confused:

18. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    No worries; if someone else submits the same time since I added this rule after the fact I'll take your submission as the winner since you submitted first!

• Like Like x 1
  19. GramStain

GramStain King Slime

Apr 27, 2018
    Gonorrhea
    Warrior
  20. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    SS needs to include !time function and need to be able to see party members.

• Like Like x 1