1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Change Meso-Up from being a party buff to a self buff

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by akashsky, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    6:53 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Sorry for off-topic, but I asked Nise about why they can't remove ST restrictions and he said that animations don't exist for certain skills during ST. So even if it were to be implemented, it sounds like a lot of work to get it right. It's too bad cuz v.62 bucc feels like an unfinished product.

2. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    6:53 PM
    Holy Symbol Self Buff. Make the grind harder.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. spammy

spammy Slime

Jan 18, 2021
    11:53 AM
    Your estimation of 0.0001% of the playerbase is sooooooooooooo accurate.
    My estimation is that there are only 500 actual players in this game.

4. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    7:53 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Everytime I ask people to post a video of barrel bug, no one ever does it. Yet they continue to complain about it *shrug*

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Dont let a vocal majority dissuade you, you arent the only one tired of hearing people. Anyways, I dont have a recording, but it should replicate easy enough by activating the skill at the same time as a dispel (HT, pap, zak, pianus are the bigger offenders as they are area dispels not tied to getting hit with an attack). If dispelled during the first half of the animation (while its "landing" on the player) it dps server side but not client side. Only known ways to refresh the state are to change maps, die, or use a transform item bought from CS (no others work and these have a 7-day expiration). Best method of prevention is to not be dumb in these situations.

Now back on-topic: MU sux, down with Big Farma SlimePolice

6. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I can't replicate it unfortunately T-T GM accounts can't be dispelled which is why I wanted to see it from the player perspective

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Ah makes sense. It's easy enough to do, and should be able to get a record this weekend.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    The bug needs bad timing. I don't record any gameplay but if I did I would have to record every HT I do like I buy those transformation potions that only last 7 days, and if HT doesn't bug you waste your cash. You can try to reproduce it in a safe environment. The bug happens when you get dispelled as the barrel dropping animation happens, the buff goes away on the top corner of your screen but the animation still plays making you go inside the barrel and stay trapped in it. As I said the only fix is a cash transformation potion, for some reason non cash transformation.
    Is that the reason why no one on the staff even bothered to attempt to fix this skill? Do I have to leave the cave I'm trapped in to perhaps capture this bug on video?

9. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    3:53 AM
    I know of a way that staff could do but I'm not sure if its possible for this game or any maplestory server tbh, but in another game there was a bug where a boss puts your character into a permanent "sleep-like" trance where the boss would just bombard you with attacks after and like Nise said

The GM/staff member would teleport one player of the ability (Oak Barrel) thats willing to assist them with into the battle and make that boss only use that ability (Dispell) that would recreate the bug, however the player would still have to use potions regularly but cannot hit or damage the boss.

I hope this is possible though, because it helps pinpoint issues like these.

10. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    For a bug like Snipe getting permanent cooldown when you get dispelled yeah I would get that it takes time but on the barrel, after many half-assed fixed the server had (Like making SI +4 speed instead of fixing it or the SI not working on mages instead of making it only affect attack speed and not cast speed) wouldn't be too hard to copy and paste a line of code to make the skill undispellable. More than an attack I would call this a "hey fix the game call", Every time I mention something about this I see no real feedback or acknowledge that this is something to be fixed and now I get this hey record it? OK time to record hours of HT to see when it bugs so perhaps they will look into it. Perhaps is all a conspiracy made by Bucc mains to make the all mighty barrel the best skill of ML, because making it immune to dispel would make this skill literally broken.

If they want to test it out with me I would agree to do it as long as I get warped back into the cave, but is as I said and I have described this bug many times: the animation of the barrel falling on you plays but as soon as you press the skill key the buff appears, if the buff disapears before the barrel dropping animation ends you will get stuck in the barrel unable to do anything but move around, loot, jump, and pot. Only fixes: change map, die, use a transformation potion from the cash shot (regular pots don't work).

Edit: The barrel bug is as old as the server, before it was easy to get it since during the dropping animation taking damage would also make it happen (the barrel breaks as soon as it takes damage). Funny enough this got fixed and barrel no longer breaks or the buff doesn't disappear when you take damage during the dropping, and now is too hard to believe that dispell would do the same thing? I don't remember having any feedback that I should record it until now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active

what if its a new mage who is unable to 1-hit mobs?
    u gonna nerf all the new mages trying to level up

12. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I'm a bit surprised for so many ppls ask to imply post-BB features but no one suggested "LF>BB patch for ML"

personal hope : post-BB skill effect option please, that .wz edit for graphical features were awesome.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  13. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Been saying this forever. I swear so many are just bored sitting around for something to nitpick. If anything if people are going by this logic, it isn't MU that is the problem it is multiclienting by yourself that is the culprit.

Also I find it pretty rich that several people (not all) calling for these kinds of nerfs already have multiple characters 150+, have already made all the mesos they will ever need.. and now suddenly decide it needs a nerf. I didn't see this same kind of energy when they were starting out.

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    The issue here is that you are thinking in absolute terms, i.e. 2b mesos is always greater than 1b mesos.

However, if you look at it in terms of purchasing power you might think differently. 1b mesos 1-2 months into the pandemic was worth more than 2b mesos today in terms of chaos scroll.

You could buy 15 chaos scrolls with 1b mesos then, when the price was 65m each. Today, your 2b mesos would only get you 14 chaos scrolls at 140m each.

A nerf to mesos up will lower your absolute raw meso amount, but at the same time it will increase your purchasing power (or at least make it decrease at a lower rate).

15. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    Just play the game, have fun. ur gonna apple in PB anyway, with or without perf gears

16. eliyuh

eliyuh Mushmom

Apr 22, 2021
    Male
    Wow this thread's been all over the place, from Meso up nerf to ult cd to barrel bug MapleF2

Even if they put a cap on multiclient per IP or system, people are just gonna use VPN or 2+ computers.
    As someone who just started this week, I don't care if something gets nerfed even if people have been abusing it for years now. As long as it's better for the server long term, who cares.

I've always thought meso up was OP as a party buff and it makes more sense for it to be a self buff to NL. I think making it a self buff is the best option that will cause the least damage overall. NLs will still be OP and so will mages.

17. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Perhaps a direct nerf to multi-mage users is a better idea? I haven't watch them but, one can watch how these works, and change the map (not mobs, or droprate) in a way that nerfs multi-mage and not single client mage.

shivering makes a point on how afk-genesis/meteor/blizzard spots are important for his multi-channel farmings. as a start, we can remove all these safe spots - replace them with new safe spots for leechers and buff mules. these should stop alot of the multi-map and channel metas going on in these threads, all while not affecting single mage leechers

18. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    You repeated twice that people didn’t have this kind of energy about nerfs when they first started out and I don’t really get what you mean. Using multiple mages to farm maps is something that’s very new.

Implying people have made billions off this strategy and are now calling for nerfs is just straight up factually untrue lol. For me personally I didn’t really start farming ulu1 as a serious method for making mesos until I started my journal and I didn’t even know the limits of what you could do with multi-mage strategy until a few weeks into the journal when I optimized ulu1 farming to a point where I realized it was possible to farm other maps at the same time.

Prior to the journal I think there were 5 people who legitimately farmed ulu1 for mesos and none of them are calling for nerfs. They all argued for the opposite actually. Almost everyone who thinks the map should be nerfed are people who have recently adopted the strategy.

19. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    If staff's response to current multimage strategies is nonchalance, I don't really see an issue promoting it. The nerfs will come if/when they deem fit. Whether that's before or after damage has been done is up to them.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    how about closing this thread by nerfing safe spots?
    straightforward.

• Agree Agree x 3