1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Making HP Washing Truly Optional - a Solution

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skuire, Apr 25, 2021.

Do you think implementing this system would be good for the future of MapleLegends?

1. Yes

250 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Maybe

30 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. bluelight

bluelight Dark Stone Golem

Nov 25, 2018
    Male
    3:30 PM
    Linkkin
    Page
    avengers
    The solution I think is that:
    Players can have a quest and it cost 35m, Players will receive an item and it will plus plenty of HP (for example 9,5khp for thief)
    Players can have an item and it last 7 days
    After 7 days the item expires, they have to do it again
    And i think that 5m/ a day is not a big problem.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. eliyuh

eliyuh Mushmom

Apr 22, 2021
    Male
    4:30 AM
    I disagree, once you're done using the expensive int gear, you can resell it for roughly all your money back. The mesos you would spend on the quest would never be returned so comparing the 2 is pretty illogical. 10m a day is way too high, in the end, you'd be spending waay more this way then you would on int gear and not many people even farm enough to be making 10m every day, this would prolong maxing out the quests to who knows how long.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. orbus

orbus Red Snail

Mar 16, 2020
    1:30 AM
    Page
    It would also defeat the point of giving the unwashed masses an alternative option, especially if they're new players and not funded out the bejeezus.

To say nothing of this also turning your character into a job.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    4:30 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    players choses to spend mesos on INT gears instead of more NX to achieve their goals. that is on the old players for they want to min max their NX. imo we should not take meso into account because it is possible to obtain 9.5k HP with 120 INT and no INT gear. Realistic strategies that does not heavily rely on INT gears should be compared against this, and not the usual additional 100+ INT from gears.

It is Maximum Potential HP, and not max HP. This means if you have 5k HP and 10k MP, you are not eligible for this extra buff. Think of it as DROD calculating your HP after you finished washing everything, and that will be the value it will be used to check. If anything, this will slow down their wash rather than speeding up.

Also quoted from skuire for additional information.

Not sure about you, but I only play a lvl 162 Hero, with no mages. I can't even earn 2-3m a day, how did you even make your mesos? 5m daily for this quest means im gonna bankrupt real fast.
    If you are forcing everyone to make mages, then this solution will lose its purpose.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Tomja

Tomja Mano

Dec 2, 2020
    Male
    1:30 AM
    LaTraviata
    Bishop
    Neverland
    Great idea, awesome suggestions, and even better follow-ups. Love to see players putting their ideas, it shows how much they care about the game. The sheer number of YES votes shows that we, the players, are tired of this HP-washing, leeching meta.
    I've been inactive quite a while now, mostly logging on and just afk. Yes, I've been busy with real-world things, but when I log on to play legends to take a break from the real world, there's nothing really enjoyable to do.

I main bishop, and I've been to many (in my pov) boss runs that I cannot be replaced by a simple HS mule. At lv 170, I believe I have tasted mostly all contents that I can do as a mediocre bishop player. I figured I could train a new char, mainly an attacker. Since then, all of my maplelegends life have been just leeching and leeching.
    leeching...leeeeeching...leeeeeeeching
    I can dedicate a maximum couple of hours a day during weekdays, and coming to maplelegends only to find out there's nothing I can do with my int-stacked attacker but leeching is appalling. And say, after a year, I completed washing. What's next? Since I have enough HP to survive end-game bosses, all I do will be just pressing a key while my pet shoves the pot down my character's throat.

I've actually made a few LPQ and KPQ mules because I found carrying new players on early level PQs are more enjoyable nowadays for me. That diminished as well as all I see now are old players with int gears that are better than the ones that my bishop has lol.

I do not have any great ideas like OP does, and my opinion is heavily subjected to my personal experience. But personally, I think the following changes can be beneficial:
    1) Revamping HP washing like OP said
    2) Nerf leeching (like players receive 10% of exp after being x min/seconds inactive)
    3) Removing pet auto HP/MP
    4) More PQs in all ranges of levels
    5) Rewards for completing quests (HP gears? exp? nx?)
    6) More guild-related events
    ...and others that encourage players to bond and explore all areas of legends world.

I've just listed few ideas without giving deep thinkings, but honestly, I will be glad about any changes that flip, rotate, and shake the current meta and brings more players together, like how making HP washing optional will change the game. When people no longer need/can't leech, they will have to either grind in a party, do quests, and participate in PQs.

A rather long reply than I expected, but glad to see that people are putting their valuable thoughts into making this awesome server even better.

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  6. Teaddict

Teaddict Mushmom

Jan 17, 2020
    Female
    9:30 AM
    Kamairi
    Hero
    1) This is not really revamping HP washing though, it is putting in place a system in addition but mostly separate to it for those who do not wish to (or for other reasons of their own did not) invest in it while they level their character.

2) I can understand where you are coming from with this suggestion, but I do not think it would be an actual positive change. Your suggested nerf might even remove regular washing as a viable option depending on its implementation which would seriously suck for anyone who is far along in a character they have put a lot of time and in-game currency into planning out and lvling.

3) No idea why this is even among your suggestions, I can easily see ways in which it would be directly harmful in boss encounters. And it would be a big detriment in Quality of Life for grinding levels the old-fashioned way (i.e. not leeching).

4) More PQs would be fantastic! But I am not sure of the feasibility of it. I would imagine that it would take an incredible amount of time and effort by the Legends dev-team and be very complex to code and bug-test.

I made some suggestions to the dev team back when they nerfed Mannequins as to how some of the PQs could be improved and made into more viable ways to level a character by re-balancing EXP and other rewards for Pirate PQ among others. Adding a significant enough end-of-PQ EXP reward to make it more attractive and perhaps raising the EXP granted by the mobs in it. Because of the large level span it could be a great way to entice higher leveled players to assist our newer players. The end-of-PQ reward would benefit them both, while the higher EXP from the mobs would mostly apply to the higher leveled characters better capable of dishing out damage.

Other suggestions include tinkering with EXP rewards for Scarlion and Targa to make it a viable way for people to level together without leeching, what makes Scarlion and Targa in particular interesting is that their first two bodies are of a fairly low and accessible level (Level 80 and 100 respectively) which would again make it a way for higher leveled players to be able to help out their lower leveled friends in getting some EXP without involving leech.

Edit: Moved a misplaced parentheses for clarity

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. eliyuh

eliyuh Mushmom

Apr 22, 2021
    Male
    Add dojo but with hp rings instead of belts MapleF11

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Teaddict

Teaddict Mushmom

Jan 17, 2020
    Female
    Kamairi
    Hero
    I like this actually. It doesn't impose on other gear slots that are already extremely competitive. Assuming you've already got a wedding ring, monster book ring, and ellin ring; we still have one ring slot available usually taken up by an event ring of some kind, and a dojo HP ring could easily take its place.

9. bluelight

bluelight Dark Stone Golem

Nov 25, 2018
    Male
    3:30 PM
    Linkkin
    Page
    avengers
    Yes, Like I said people who add int and pay for int gear, they have a hard early game, and people who dont add int or pay for int gear, they have an easy early game, then they have to do more in the late game. If they dont want to pay the bill, then they have to build int gear. And ok 10m/a day it can be not so difficult with me, but the price 1-2m is so easy to take.

10. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    2:30 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    The impact of int gear on washing is so hilariously overstated in general, especially if you are going for higher HP goals. The difference between 100m in int gear and 3b in int gear is negligible compared to the MP gains from MP washing.

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. Teaddict

Teaddict Mushmom

Jan 17, 2020
    Female
    Kamairi
    Hero
    Agreed. INT gear is honestly mostly relevant for warriors and I suppose to a lesser extent buccaneers and shadowers that are just doing casual washing. More for lowering the required base INT (or in the case of a more expensive set of INT gear, perhaps even replacing it) as much as possible. For archers, corsairs, and night lords where washing costs a lot of MP and gives little HP and MP washing becomes more of a necessity, the difference of getting 40 INT vs. 80 INT from gear is negligible at best when they are often using 200 or more base INT for MP washing depending on their target HP and level.

12. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Well to be fair it is advertised as strictly old school maple server with a bunch of tweaks here and there. But old school maple baseline was never forgiving either (sucks for newer players I know)

In response to the actual topic.. I think your idea to "fix" HP washing is well taken, beautifully thought out and would work great if you were starting out on a new server that was just being made for fun.

Unfortunately as long as HP washing is tied in with voting for NX which is tied into AP reset nothing is going to change. That is pretty much the facts of life because this server needs eyeballs from GTOP as a way to grow and promote the server if people are still searching for Maple Servers in 2021.

I know personally if I was working hard and long hours on improving every facet of a Maple server I would want some form of recognition for it and in this case it is still GTOP and their voting system. If down the road the voting system changes or is scrapped altogether then you will finally see changes to HP washing.

13. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    5:30 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    LF permanent 2x vote nx

• Like Like x 2
  14. Teaddict

Teaddict Mushmom

Jan 17, 2020
    Female
    Kamairi
    Hero
    Don't see it happening, but would be nice! Hahaha!!

15. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    5:30 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Doesn't hurt to ask..

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. Ayderac

Ayderac Pink Teddy

Mar 13, 2018
    Male
    Sweden
    8:30 AM
    Ayderac
    Bishop
    Abyss
    Very good suggestion in my opinion, this would be awesome. The problem I see with washing is that it's a point of no return, most people I talk with probably won't reach endgame but because they hear of washing they're not even willing to give it a shot. Being able to tell someone who wants to start over and actually play their sin/bowman/whatever and not leech, can't really do that. With this I could tell them "it's good to have BUT you DONT HAVE TO put base int/get int gear/leech to 155, you CAN do that later if you wish".

Please implement this!

• Like Like x 4
  17. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    What new players?
    you mean old players with screwed up 2015 chars?

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ayderac

Ayderac Pink Teddy

Mar 13, 2018
    Male
    Sweden
    8:30 AM
    Ayderac
    Bishop
    Abyss
    There actually are some new players, old returners (myself included) aswell as new ones. Many of my friends who quit because of HP washing are playing mages and most of them say to me "I CBA with washing, I just want to play my character and have fun (I know you CAN but...) AND not be a lot weaker than others/screwed up at high lvls."

19. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    with how the community treats the HP Washing meta right now,
    I can't even recommend new players to go for shads and buccs - they requires washing as much as NLs and BMs according to current standards due this weird mentality that melee (other than DK) should not get HB.

So, I can only recommend warriors as of now. Using shads (8k HP) and buccs (15k HP) as reference, warriors can easily hit these thresholds easily, but its so limiting. when there's so many other classes to play

• Like Like x 1