1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Using Android Automate Flows to vote on multiple accounts

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Kanetsugu, May 20, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Kanetsugu

Kanetsugu Orange Mushroom

Nov 15, 2020
    1:52 PM
    MaLaTang
    Bowmaster
    Munchies
    Since I’ve been voting on multiple accounts for a bit on my phone, I’ve found it a little bit annoying turning airplane mode on, waiting a few seconds, then turning airplane mode off then navigating to the voting link. If you don't know what I'm talking about, see Nightz's multiple account voting guide here: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/guide-voting-101-for-multiple-accounts.38034/

With the recent change to GTOP’s voting to prevent multiple account voting on the same browser, this has become even more helpful to me. This flow is super easy to setup.

So instead, I thought about how I could use a Tasker task to automate this process and browse to the URL for me. Well after using Tasker for a while I tried out Automate and it's way easier setup so I decided to make a post about it.

*NOTE* This does not vote automatically for you, this just automates the airplane mode on/off, then navigates to the preset browser/link. Obviously you have to do the voting verification yourself.

Requirements
    I originally did this with Tasker, but Automate is so much easier I’ve found. I’ll post my Tasker “tutorial” in the second post if anyone cares (eventually).

This is what your Automate task should look like at the end. Note if you haven’t used Automate before, it doesn’t matter how you arrange the blocks, as long as the connections are flowing the right direction.

[​IMG]
    1. Open Automate and create a new “Flow” (by tapping he + in the bottom right)
    2. Add a “Disable Wifi” block by tapping the + and searching for “wi-fi set state”. Tap the new block and tap “off”
    3. Add an “Enable airplane mode” block by searching for “airplane mode set state”. Tab the new block and tap “on”
    4. Add a delay block by searching for “delay” and make it something reasonable (I did 3 seconds). We want to make sure our phone goes on airplane mode fully before disabling
    5. Add a “Disable airplane mode” block
    6. Add another delay
    7. Add a “App start” block by searching for “app start”. Then you need to fill out the corresponding boxes. If you tap the fx button (function) you can type in the fields manually, otherwise if you tap the field, it will bring up a list of options for you.
      1. Package: (this is the android app package - you can find the package name on the google play store website)
        For example, the link for Firefox is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mozilla.firefox

The package name is: org.mozilla.firefox

I think Automate lets you browse for apps too which you can do also.

2. Action: View (“android.intent.action.VIEW”)

3. Data URI: Voting link
        GTOP: https://gtop100.com/topsites/MapleS...Hackers-87398?vote=1&pingUsername=LOGINIDHERE
        TOPG: https://topg.org/maplestory-private-servers/in-605064-LOGINIDHERE
    8. Connect the beginning to the end using your finder (see image above for example)
    [​IMG]

Then you can start your flow by going back and tapping “Start”. Now you can copy the flow and insert a different LOGINID for another account, and change the package to a different browser (e.g. Vivaldi - com.vivaldi.browser).

After you are done voting, you can hit "Back" twice and just go back to the Automate app and start your next flow.

Video example: https://streamable.com/q1fr00

Multi account example: https://streamable.com/hq5ikk

Q: Which browsers do you use?
    A: Firefox, Brave, Brave Nightly, Dolphin, DuckDuckGo, Edge, Firefox Focus, Firefox Nightly, Samsung Internet, Kiwi Browser, Opera, Opera Touch, Vivaldi, Ecosia

Q: I got "Possible proxy/bot/vpn detected"
    A: I find this usually happens to me if I wait too long to do the verification, but could be other triggers, not sure.

Q: Why did you even bother doing this?
    A: This saves like a few extra taps!!! Also I often lost my place and naming flows lets me know which account I was on.

Q: This is so easy, why even make a forum post?
    A: Some people aren't familiar with Automate (I wasn't until I wanted to vote for ML... LOL)

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Kanetsugu

Nov 15, 2020
    MaLaTang
    Bowmaster
    Munchies
    Since I’ve been voting on multiple accounts for a bit on my phone, I’ve found it a little bit annoying turning airplane mode on, waiting a few seconds, then turning airplane mode off then navigating to the voting link. So instead, I thought about how I could use a Tasker task to automate this process and browse to the URL for me.

With the recent change to GTOP’s voting to prevent multiple account voting on the same browser, this has become even more helpful to me.

Requirements

• Android phone (if someone knows a similar app/method on iPhone, feel free to post about it)

I will be utilizing Tasker here (which unfortunately is not free). Some similar things could potentially be done with other automation apps such as Automate but I’m not familiar with them and I already had Tasker. If you are familiar with Tasker, then we only really care about the “Task” function it has.

1. Setting up AutoInput to toggle airplane mode
      I use AutoInput to toggle airplane mode because toggling it through Tasker requires root permissions.

1. Open AutoInput and make sure to give it permissions.

2. Tap on “Manage Input Actions”

3. Tap the “+” to add an input action

4. Navigate to your Airplane mode toggle button in settings. This can easily be achieved (on my phone) by swiping down the toolbar and holding the airplane mode button.

5. Swipe down again and tap on “Add” in the “Selecting Field” notification from AutoInput

6. Tap on the toggle for airplane mode

7. Tap on “Accept” in the Autoinput notification

8. Follow instructions to go back to AutoInput app

9. Select the “Element Field” -> “Element Text: Airplane mode, off”

10. Tap on “Click” (might need to tap twice)

11. Repeat steps a->j without turning off airplane mode

You should have two tasks now, one for “Airplane mode, off” and one for “Airplane mode, on”

[​IMG]

1. Setting up the Tasker Task

1. Open Tasker and go to the “Tasks” tab

2. Click the “+” to add a task and give it a name (e.g. “Vote account 1”)

3. Click the + to add an action

4. In the search bar (filter) type in “wifi” and look for the “WiFi” option. We are going to turn off Wifi. Select it and in the “Set” field, change it to “Off”

5. Add another action (go to airplane mode settings)

6. Now we will add a delay just in case (I use 3 seconds)

7. Add another action, this time, search for “AutoInput Action”. In configuration, click the little pencil icon and scroll down to “Stored Action”, and select the Airplane mode toggle we created in Step 1. Then click the check mark in the top right and press the arrow in the top left to save and go back

8. Add a delay

9. Now, add a “AutoInput Global Action” -> Configuration -> select “Action” -> and “Back”

10. Add a delay

11. Now, repeat steps e->j, except choose the second AutoInput action we created (Airplane mode On switch)
        [​IMG][​IMG]

12. Finally, we are going to add the task that browses to the URL. Add another action and search for “Send Intent” and fill out the fields as follows:

1. Action: android.intent.action.VIEW

2. Data: https://gtop100.com/topsites/MapleS...Hackers-87398?vote=1&pingUsername=LOGINIDHERE

3. Package: (this is the android app package - you can find the package name on the google play store website)
          For example, the link for Firefox is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mozilla.firefox

The package name is: org.mozilla.firefox

4. Target: Activity
          [​IMG][​IMG]

1. Running the task

1. Go into the task (you should see “Task Edit” at the top)

2. At the bottom, there is a “play button”. Tap it and wait until it browses to the voting page

3. After voting, you simply hit “Back” two times to go back to tasker and close the tab

4. Repeat Steps as necessary

You can clone the task and replace the URL (Data) and browser app (Package) for multiple accounts.

Video example: https://streamable.com/ehjh7e

3. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    8:52 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Amazing work! I think I remember you once talked about something similar (in Discord or something?)

I will definitely try and set this up when I have some extra spare time and report back how well it works for me! Currently voting still goes fairly smooth on my end but this should shave some time off it.

4. OP
    OP
    Kanetsugu

Nov 15, 2020
    MaLaTang
    Bowmaster
    Munchies
    Thanks! Yea I might have mentioned it or something can't remember. This saves a little bit of time but another main reason I did it was that I could just vote while doing something (like playing with my cat) and it would automatically take me to the link.

[​IMG]

p.s. how do I resize images MapleF3

• Like Like x 1
  5. G Cupcake

G Cupcake Red Snail

Feb 27, 2021
    Male
    2:52 PM
    GreatCupcake
    Cleric
    Bit of a necro, but I just have to state that this is excellent. I have hated voting from the get-go, and I resented doing it. This has completely automated it for my multiple accounts, as I can run one task for all 7. I just put a 20s delay block before it starts on the next "Char" blocks. Repeat that 7 times, and I'm done in a couple minutes. Made this whole thing VERY streamlined and I'm very happy you highlighted this as an option that I didn't know existed.

[​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. LuisJ

LuisJ King Slime

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    LuisJ
    Hero
    It is pretty good! It only lets me put up to 30 block with the free version though, did you guys buy the paid option?

7. G Cupcake

G Cupcake Red Snail

Feb 27, 2021
    Male
    2:52 PM
    GreatCupcake
    Cleric
    I did, I do the Google questionnaires so I had the 1.70 or whatever it was already in the account :) easy free money spent.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Kanetsugu

Nov 15, 2020
    MaLaTang
    Bowmaster
    Munchies
    Oh yea, that's cool! I didn't even think about it this way. But then again, I always press it and then vote like a minute later so that wouldn't work for me MapleF2