1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Important New System for White Scrolls (Feedback Thread)

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Nise, Jul 6, 2021.

How do you feel about the Prestigious Coin system?

Poll closed Jul 14, 2021.
  1. Strongly support

190 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. Slightly support

130 vote(s)
    23.6%
  3. Neutral

90 vote(s)
    16.3%
  4. Slightly oppose

71 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Strongly oppose

71 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    5:05 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    You can transfer them by turning them into those coins and trading over the coins to your other account. with those coins you will then be able to re-buy that WS/CS

2. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    8:05 AM
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    Question: why is it necessary that white scrolls and chaos scrolls need to be made untradable if they’re tradable via coins? It seems that the untradability is causing a lot of confusion, and I admit that this was not immediately obvious to me either.

3. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    11:05 AM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    It takes value away from WS/CS and puts value into the coins instead. Making them untradeable removes our ability to use WS/CS as currency and makes the coins the premium currency to trade between ourselves.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Puzzled

Puzzled Blue Snail

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Planetary
    Islander
    What I would want to know is how many coins bosses would drop and if there would be an even distribute of coins per player in each boss run? Also concerned if a player would try to loot all the coins that dropped for themselves rather than share.

5. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    This idea is very rough so if you guys have any suggestions on what you guys think it's fair then go ahead, but those numbers don't really exist yet

I don't think it'd be an even number per boss run, it'd be the same as an equipment or skill book dropping, and then the host would be able to sell it in the FM for splits. So if someone goes ahead and grabs the coins and runs, you can probably report them for griefing, the same way you would report someone today if they grabbed a MW20 and ran away

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Puzzled

Puzzled Blue Snail

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Planetary
    Islander
    I’m not sure if this would be a good solution. But maybe have the bosses drop an even amount of coins and have players only be able to loot x amount of coins, so everyone can get coins. This maybe can help with what I mentioned earlier about someone stealing coins for their profit. This is kind of similar to the idea that was proposed on picking up meso bags.

7. Cerulean

Cerulean Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    10:05 AM
    Stealing coins for profit is not a serious concern given that this is the way boss splits have always worked.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    5:05 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Not sure where your concern comes from but it sounds like you've been running bosses with the wrong kind of people. This is a non issue.

9. aussietinask

aussietinask Horny Mushroom Retired Staff

Feb 26, 2020
    Male
    11:05 PM
    I think the point highlighted in red text in this post is really important. I sort of referenced it above when i was wondering about fluidity of sales, so whether theres enough being traded to have regular transactions in the item. And while the implementation will really depend on the numbers, I think this will be less of a problem than with WS/CS now (less, but not completely resolved) because of the following reasons:

1) the price of a coin would be less than white scroll, so it could be traded more among less end game players too who dont have as much meso
    2) the supply would be more than that of WS currently, since the coins are created from WS/CS/other sources AND from boss drops directly.
    3) I think super importantly, we separate the dual function of investment vehicle AND essential end game item that WS currently are.
    4) [points 4 and 5 are view as a player, not as staff] its a bit easier to regulate the market than with WS, due to WS such a big ticket item, and with coins itd be a bit easier to spread things out across the board. For example, if WS/CS prices are increasing too much, we could increase coin drop rates, introduce new coin sources. it just seems easier when we balance the game around a bit of a cheaper item, theres more ways to introduce changes around it.
    5) I don't like the idea of adding WS/CS to boss drop tables directly, because it makes them incredibly feast or famine. For example, its really not fun to HT for 1.5hrs now then get TL30, Meteor 30, Snipe 30, and have your archer be sad because he's lost out on hella money in arrows/pots. I don't want to exacerbate the phenomenon by giving something super rare that you're dependent on getting lucky as a drop for profit. This seems like a generally nice way to boost bosses at a more regular rate. Its why I like doing Zammy in OSRS instead of Bandos, because bandos has a more expensive 1/300 drop, zammy has a cheaper 1/128 drop, and if you get both on drop rate, you get similar profits. It just feels a bit nicer for it to be a bit more regular.

feel free to let me know if you disagree with anything, its hard to wrap my head around this one, theres so many different angles to approach it from haha. Appreciate the feedback!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  10. aussietinask

aussietinask Horny Mushroom Retired Staff

Feb 26, 2020
    Male
    11:05 PM
    ooo this post talked a lot about the points i wrote about in my reply too haha

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Finally

Finally Mano

Feb 20, 2021
    Male
    12:05 PM
    Papylon
    Shadower
    Your post made me think something Feed, and its not a response or a question target to you exactly but to anyone who can help me understand something:
    Wouldnt it create a secondary coin market rivalling the free market? Like people spamming megaphone offers/trade based solelly -or half based- on those coins. Would it not make every player who can farm those coin/scrolls a exchange agency, kinda like a Wester Union in the game or something comparable? Like people looking for the player with the best ratio meso/coin/item trade of the server?

Edit: I mean this kinda already happen with the scrolls in question. So, would it change substantly things for the better?

12. renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    4:05 PM
    renew
    I'm all aboard a new billion mark or even 500million meso curren$y, and more drops on bosses so its a little more worth.
    But please I say this again, make chaos and white scrolls only tradeable once upon recieving one from NPC.
    This makes ws/cs possibly drop by 150% and take us back to 2017 when ws was like 120m, however this might make people want to hoard good timelesss weapons, if ws drops that much.
    It's a question too big for me atleast, changing the whole economy just like that.

13. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    10:05 AM
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    I'm a MapleLegends player of very little brain
    Now here's many things to address here

Is there gonna be more ways to get WS/CS other than CWK, Gacha and bossing?

This is the first thing im not seeing here, not that is the biggest concern but i fear that the mid-late game part of the game is gonna continue with a bigger income of ws/cs rather than normalize it across the board
    upload_2021-7-6_11-3-10.png

While it would be more accessible for more players through bossing yes it would be the same thing as the CWK where's more WS //coins

Why is this a problem? , i fear as more white scrolls / cs enter so will the new perfect equips , more newbie equips will dissapear like maple equips and become all ''flex'' equips for that big late-endgame player and new players will have still to rely on RNG to fund their accounts or if they have no way, not even a small cumulative way, to obtainn coins and fund themselves ,or settle with shit items

There may be no inbetween

Are the boss drops gonna be instanced for everyone in the map or are people gonna have to FFA for them?

This is the next issue
    i'll go straight to the point

Are we really gonna include more ''new'' bossers into the game or people will prefer to mule story into zak/HT/etc so they get more coins on mules if instanced, OR less people to fight for the coins in FFA, either way, this already presents a problem that rather than introduce people to bossing, it will close the doors as everyonew ants that boss ETC, and while noobs stay together, this will create an even more elitist gameplay

sadly we've already been aware that players will do ANYTHING in order to minmax, over choosing the community
    and this isn't a critic to specific players, but something i've noticed
    Like on HPQ, where people would do solo party with mules hoarding channels instead of PQing with new players,

The WS/CS exchange for coins could be catastrophic for the same reason it's being added

Unless there is a seamless transition of coins for cs and viceversa

I assume most endgame players with 300 WS will just exchange them for coins immediately , new players will exchange the WS for coins too, basically, white scrolls will DISSAPEAR from the market

Coins might get inflation for better or for worse

This is just speculating but...what if someone decides to buy all the coins from the market, suddenly all 100k coins dissapear and we're left wit 170k coins in the market? does that mean everything increased, if a ws was 2000 coins , now it's going to be from 200m to 340m.
    there's a bit of danger over there as there wont be a ''set'' price for these coins, we would just have to go based on what the market thinks and it can be easily manipulated depending on the demand.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Kirep

Kirep Mano

Mar 19, 2019
    Male
    Porosk
    could always increase ws/cs gacha chance, we've seen in the past when event gachas happened, ws/cs prices dropped because of higher chance of dropping from event gacha vs normal gacha, i feel like something like bossing for ws/cs would just increase the rate higher level players chance of getting gacha and not the lower levels. npcs are usually sketchy, i.e reason why this server doesn't really have ap resets sold by npc, probably opens a can of worms. tldr maybe increase gacha chance for ws/cs, or increase drop rate of said gacha tickets? (was too adhd to read the whole post soooo, idk if this even is a valid comment, or if anyone already suggested this)

15. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    It would be nice to consider calling coins "scroll shards" or something else that'd indicate they're tied to WS/CS at first glance.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  16. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    *speaking as player and not as staff*

Idk if white scrolls will disappear - they will always be available for purchase from the NPC. So it is not dependable on the players whether or not you can buy a WS. They will always be available for purchase.

This might be an issue, but if it is a semi-common drop (or what-have-you) from bosses, there will always be at least some on the market as people are always running bosses 24/7. It's like that time one dude tried to buy out all the Onyx Apples but people just kept APQing and they couldn't keep up and he was stuck with like 300-400 Onyx Apples lol. So if someone does buy out the market they will have to continue doing so because people run bosses everyday. Now balancing how many coins drop on average per boss might be a bit more difficult, but it does make sense that I feel like it should at least drop a couple. So I feel like it might be difficult to buy out all the coins on the market, but that's some that balance team will have to figure out :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Puzzled

Puzzled Blue Snail

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Planetary
    Islander
    Just wondering since the idea of these coins might become a new currency in the future to obtain ws/cs that people might encourage people to loot all the coins without splitting. But I can just be paranoid lol.

18. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    What seems to be skipped over is that a whitescroll/chaos/coin bull market directly leads to higher bossing profits.

If people still hoard any of these currencies, there would be huge incentive to run bosses, and the market would re-establish equilibrium prices. I’m not too concerned about anyone hoarding under the new system because bossers would benefit from it :laugh:

For anyone concerned about a player running off with boss loot, don’t worry because this does not happen. Mw20 is worth more than a white scroll and there are few if no instances of people looting and running. Word gets around quick in the maple community, and this person would get shunned. For anyone who isn’t a bosser: what happens is that the host will setup shop and sell the boss loot, and all mesos looted are evenly distributed between runners. You can see this in my splits sheet here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t5m-yo1oD1CB3Kq_g7wxrebUG3-TnihVpshrJCvGjEU/edit

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Isn't this the point? WS/CS demand lies within higher levels, not lower levels.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Kirep

Kirep Mano

Mar 19, 2019
    Male
    Porosk
    sure, the demand is on higher levels, but it allows lower levels to get meso via whitescrolls, and encourages further gameplay. i remember being low level having no mesos to buy anything in the market, getting lucky from gachapon, being able to sell it, and actually buy things from the free market, allowing me to level faster and engage more. it would encourage a longer duration of stay from lower players