1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Armor Piercing Bullet Craft

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by umaga, Jul 12, 2021.

1. umaga

umaga Orange Mushroom

Sep 10, 2019
    1:23 AM
    Vivid
    Hello Staff,

From what I understand, armor piercing bullets had their crafting price reduced from 100m per set to 20m, citing the imbalance of shadow star bug as a primary issue. In 2021, following the fix of the longstanding shadow star bug, I am proposing that the price of APB craft be reverted back to its original 100m per set, to be more in balance with the price of MTK crafts (also, currently 100m per set). As an endgame item, I believe the current price of 20m per craft is too low, and that this can serve as another healthy meso sink for the game.

Thank you for taking my suggestion into consideration.

Best,

Umaga

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    7:23 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    As someone who is very slowly making a sair: fk u

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    6:23 AM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    Time to buy up cheap stocks to ride the inflation wave.

4. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    That would be quite the change. I'd argue that a reverse of the original change would be too easy to game for many players and would net a huge gain for them.

We could even out MTK and APB at somewhere in the middle.

Additionally, when talking about money sinks, I'd argue those sinks should be targeted at the characters who harvest the most mesos, so mages.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Sairs are pretty good for farming meso too :mad:

6. boon

boon Mano

Jun 21, 2020
    1:23 PM
    BuccLah
    Buccaneer
    Crowns
    Instead of reducing cost of craft MTK, i would think increasing recharge capacity of MTK would be a better option. (e.g. 1400 to 1600 maybe?) this will justify the nearly 100m difference for that 1wa from balanced fury

So it doesn't cuck players who invested alot into MTK post shadowstar bug fix. Reducing crafting cost price will definitely crash the value of the MTK

7. boon

boon Mano

Jun 21, 2020
    BuccLah
    Buccaneer
    Crowns
    This could also be applied to APB if staff decides to increase crafting cost price

8. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Okay, but at least make the bullet look bigger. Shit's tiny and boring looking compared to the Eternal bullet

1.png 2.png

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    I never even realized I could see the unique bullets aside from just a flying projectile.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jess

Jess Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    10:23 PM
    Jess, osooso
    Corsair
    Noir
    With shadow star being fixed it seems reasonable now to balance out bullet prices with star prices. Whether that's increasing Armor-Piercing Bullet prices or decreasing MTK prices (or a combination of both), I think more things should be taken into consideration:
    1. The lower user base of corsairs.
      When I made this post suggesting lowering APB prices, I counted the amount of NLs vs Corsairs over level 150 (120 vs 23). Although I have noticed the increase of corsairs recently, I'd still believe there are far more NLs, especially when looking at the ones that actually partake in bossing. Since there is much more demand for MTKs as a end-game star, IMO it would make sense for crafting to be proportionately balanced to the servers population of each job and the demand. No one ever crafted bullets, because their value and demand are far less than the stars.

2. Night Lords have additional options for stars while bullets are limited.
      Here are the bullets corsairs have available. In comparison, there are many different options for stars (though most are used for aesthetics) and are more widely available. But most notably, Balanced Furies which act as a budget MTK. It can be crafted and has been added as a reward for the CWK exchange quest, which creates an additional source. In comparison, APB are only available through 2 Neo-Tokyo bosses and crafting (but no one except corsairs craft bullets, because of the low demand/value). There is no equivalent of Balanced Furies for bullets.

3. The star recharge cost.
      I'm not sure of the actual numbers for this but from what I've heard, the star recharging prices are super high. Lowering this cost could be done as reconciliation to NLs after taking away their shadow star bug ;)
    Personally, I would be opposed to just increasing the bullet crafting cost to 100m and calling it a day. A better solution would be balancing out MTK and APB crafting costs to be proportionate to the demand/price others are willing to pay.

• Like Like x 2
  11. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Does anyone have any numbers on how long a set of APB/MTK lasts while bossing? And how many sets you might need for endgame? I imagine the only content that requires a large amount of bullets/stars is 2x HT run.

12. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    A single horntail run that takes the full two hour timer would use up around 7 sets of armor piercing bullets.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Are you really going to quit your sair because of 2 attack?

14. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    I have quit this server for less lmfao

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    12:23 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    i think apb crafting cost fine; nobody really crafts it anyway so it makes no difference

• Creative Creative x 1
  16. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    12:23 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    from owl:
    upload_2023-7-10_21-1-40.png

owlrepo says 40m btw but maybe that was from awhile ago

so if it's much higher than 40m, everyone will craft mtk instead as the only real difference between the two is saint/wiseman stone, both of which can also be used to craft weapons

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    2:23 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    the most concise tl:dr of all, top

18. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    KarnKarn
    it only went away after people saw you playing that raised the price kekw, I always struggled to sell for 11-12 coins

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    keep APB 20m and increase MTK to 150, NLs are still too cheap

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    8:23 AM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    I don't necessarily think corsairs need that nerf. Sure they might be broken at certain bosses, but that balances out in other and more mainstream bosses.