1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low Taking 1/1 attack with 1hp shouldn’t kill you

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Toon, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    4:23 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Description of the bug: taking 1/1 attack with 1 hp kills you
    What is supposed to happen?: Taking 1/1 shouldn’t kill you
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: any boss that has 1/1 attacks
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): get into a boss and take 1/1 twice in a row without taking any other hit
    Extra information (optional): back then in original maple taking 1/1 shouldn’t kill you

Is it a legends feature? Thanks for hosting ML

https://youtu.be/iM7cqPUrEsA

Brazil maplestory og server marksman solo the boss without pots taking 1/1 repeatedly. Online you may find gms videos happening the same thing.

EDIT: GMS video for reference

https://youtu.be/c15xtKfvGBk

at 0:13 he takes 1/1 with one life.
    Also, I’ve already talked with some of players and they also remember not dying in gms in this situation

2. damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    3:23 AM
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    time stamp of when you died?

3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    8:23 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    I think the point of his video was to illustrate that on the OG BrazilMS server, 1/1's didn't kill you. Hence he survives the whole vid.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    9:23 AM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    As far as I can remember, this was only a property of the original JMS implementation of showa boss, and when the content arrived in GMS, the 1/1s were already lethal. Are there other examples of this you remember? Asking out of curiosity really.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    https://youtu.be/c15xtKfvGBk
    at 0:13 he takes 1/1 with one life.
    Also, I’ve already talked with some of players and they also remember not dying in gms in this situation

6. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
  7. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
  8. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    9:23 AM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    Personal opinion, unrelated to staff

From briefly looking into it, and also remembering SOME time when this was the behavior of 1/1s (most commonly in JMS, fighting The Boss), I think it's hard to determine exactly which versions of the game this happened at, and making enough parallels to our "version" of the game to decide if this is worth implementing or not. I think being killed if not potted after 1/1 is a fair of a mechanic, and making it non-lethal would make some end game scenarios far more muleable, ESPECIALLY pb

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    the only two situations i can think of constant 1/1 without any other attack is The Boss and PB main body from left side. Correct me if i'm wrong please. The Boss is already pretty mulable as we have safe spots. PB also has a safe spot during main body stage on the left but i agree that this would make it slightly easier to mule but not that much because you still may die from big bang, genesis and music notes if it looks to the left and u leave the mule close to the body. Therefore, i think this would be just a better quality of life for drks and zerking sairs.

10. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    12:23 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It's already not deadly on Warriors with Achilles, not that Shadowers/Heroes/Paladins could ever find themselves at 1 hp. You can do the entirety of Preheads only watching out for Wyverns, breaths, and mapwide lightning in prehead 2 with 1 hp.

Source: I went to 1 hp and tanked a couple 1/1's for fun.

Alternatively, I suppose it's possible to just carry around red pots to heal 50 hp. If it were actually advantageous to be at 1 hp we'd probably see people doing that, but in the case of PB it's a massive risk with the only payout being less expensive potion costs, except for in the case of Corsairs who actually have a tangible benefit to damage for being at low HP.

11. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    I forgot about that achilles thing. Yeah no benefit for drks. I mean it would just be a quality of life thing and like it was back then. But looks like it’s not worth the trouble, unless there’s a desire to make things work like they were. i sincerely just pointed this bug out because i’d like to try the boss solo with 1 hp and no pots as it’s nostalgic for me.