1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bring back the nostalgia /stop the loss of players /hp washing - the solution

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Magen, Dec 6, 2021.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    7:30 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    People will never play 3rd job as long as leech is available. However, I do believe people should be required to play through 2nd and 3rd job. Much of the problems with current 3rd job is due to the fact most people choose to skip it through leech. If it was made unskippable, new strategies to get through the hell levels would emerge. Completely ridding of these hell levels skews the time-investment to reward ratio towards the stronger/meta classes.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Loug

Loug Horny Mushroom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    11:30 PM
    Loug
    Paladin, Bishop, Marksman, Buccaneer, Corsair
    I remember a member of the staff(was it Kimmy?) saying on discord(R.I.P) a long time ago that it wasn't possible to implement mush kingdom on ML, the higher level version of ellin forest on the other hand would be pretty cool, even if we don't get a lvl 100+ epq we still could get Chao and Ephenia on top of the questline, that also would make events like the last anniversary a lot better for those hell lvls 100-120.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    4:30 AM
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    Yet again you come with the experience, abilities and knowledge that NEW player do no have.
    Also I believe game should be design to be playable to the average players and not the extreme pro players, as I believe you are.
    The point here, is the server losing players because of the meta that against of new players. I think at this point, if you(and everyone else) didnt agree with me till now, you will never will but I'll still say this - my suggestion give in thought everything included as the big picture, vote system, damage reduce and so on.. It's pointless to mentioned all the points once again so I wont.
    that's my opinion though, make the game more friendly to new players will benefit the server, as I believe also that leech ruin the game and pqs should get a buff with the exp to be a lot more attractive.
    I'd also suggest that high levels could join pqs, deny multiple client and add point system into some pqs (thats not nostalgic however it will make pq alive again?), and a lot more stuff that not related to my original suggestion.
    I know that this server is the most nostalgic one, but just a reminder, washing was a no-thing in real maple, as player who played the game from it's beginning and yet the community likes it probably because it tides the new players for long term which is a good thing but comes along with bad things that should be fixed/improved.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Pundit

Pundit Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    10:30 PM
    liljer
    Bowman
    Homies
    I very strongly agree with this point.

Can't have a truly nostalgic server with multi client. It completely changes the day-to-day play of the game and everyone's long-term decision-making and filters the game toward solo play. So many of our current problems exist because we assume multi client as a possibility in so many of our decisions.

But Legends is way too far-gone with multi client and the economy is built around it; suddenly banning multi client would be a disaster.

QED, wipe the server or start a second world where there is no multiclient/leech/washing.

5. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    3:30 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Great idea if you want to completely split the community lul

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    There was a pandemic which people had nothing to do so they opted to play MapleStory, pandemic is basically sort of over so they went on with their lives.

Washing did exist, it was just found out by Tiger from GMS and Tanyia from MapleSEA.
    https://ayumilovemaple.wordpress.co...mate-hp-washing-guide-complete-hp-wash-guide/

But, yeah its somewhat unenjoyable to go through it then washing out redundant stats just to be useful in late game boss fights. But thats what sort of what makes it all the more enjoyable when you're past it.

Nostalgia plays the role of playing the game which lower level players get to do, but thats not going to let them enjoy it later on even if washing does get removed, they'll quit playing sometime down the road and return to life.. it's just how things are. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Multi-client existed along side Washing when GMS first started too.
    • buy more computers/laptops.
    • p2w with multiple accounts
    • p2w with AP Resets
    The reason why ML allow multi-client + washing is due to it being a vote2endgame server, rather than a p2w one.

so technically... multi-clienting + washing = Nostalgia (sadly?)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe there's other solutions of solving INT Lords + increase 2nd-3rd job play?
    • i saw in another thread the idea of using HP/MP tokens (consumables to permanently increase base HP/MP) balanced for each class's washing formula for their appropriate total vote cash to reach HP/MP goals:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...n-while-retaining-veteran-achievements.43674/
    • this method seems promising, since it allows people to get more HP/MP with the same amount of vote cash as with normal Washing
    • no need to become INT Lord
    • can choose to grind and play 2nd-3rd content with higher HP/MP after using HP/MP Tokens.

8. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    There was actually a way to open multi-clients in GMS there was the Browser login one (basically each tab was a client) there was a Chinese website (yeah those people that would spam in the FM with their "ads" in smegas from time to time) that when you opened the site it popped open another client (safe to close the page, it just being an ad) there was the other way to just open them from inside the MapleStory folder heres a video from Fleyz4305.

the video is from 20 Jul 2012

Edit:
    (Fleyz4305 double/triple hp washing guide https://4305s.ucoz.com/publ/fleyx_hp_washing_guide_double_triple_washing/1-1-0-13)

• Informative Informative x 2