1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Revert Three Snails

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Myungsoo, Dec 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    7:08 PM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Here's Myungsoo again bitching about something tiny that probably doesn't matter to almost anyone :)

Fame mules is now twice as fast.

Making a mage is now superior, and doubles the speed of fame mule farming. This is because once you reach level 8 as a mage, you can just click magic claw. Which I assure you is faster than leveling a warrior to level 15.

Therefore Fame mules are now making twice the amount of money.

Overpowered

Mages can get a first job advancement at level 8 for a reason. Now they'll be utilizing the skill even up to level 10 if not higher.

Please revert this change.

• Disagree Disagree x 40
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    2:08 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I'll be copy pasting my comments here again:

I think islanders should give input on this patch - for I believe this affects them the most.

Whether 3 snails is more effective compared to pure str/dex before level 10, I have no idea. But I def did not struggle in maple island when making a warrior or brawler

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    I have edited my topic, because I see where you're coming from but that's not really the point. Going 1-15 with a mage is almost twice as fast opposing to leveling a warrior 1-15 when utilizing Three Snails because you can just magic claw your way to level 15 much faster now. People are going to disagree with me but I ask them to try it out for themselves, and see how much faster they can level a mage with Three snails to 1-15 vs a warrior. (This is assuming you have a higher level to give pots through storage for the obvious)

4. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Considering no one (majority) cares about 1st & 3rd job too, does this even matter? Other than for nostalgia.
    While I have never played mage in my life, I do believe a lvl 8 mage with energy bolt is stronger than 3 snails.

5. OP
    OP
    Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    It matters because it's twice as fast opposing to warriors, stimulating more fame mules. If the server likes fame mules, so be it. And Magic Claw is superior because it allows over platform hitting. Especially at level 11+

6. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    2:08 PM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    If you followed the storage suggestion for islanders, Kim wanted to speed up the time it takes to do Maple Island. This change most likely reflects that goal rather than something for Islanders.

Personally as an Islander, I prefer this QoL change & it making sub class islanders more viable.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    basically it has nothing to do with mages and its only about fame mules? in that case I'll have to disagree with you, unless you can explain how having unlimited fame/storage mules will negatively affect the server

8. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    What's your argument? Why is this so bad and overpowered? Fame is in the grand scheme of things completely inconsequential.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. OP
    OP
    Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    For the same reason I don't think we should double the mesos rate.

10. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    Sorry, I have no idea what you're on about.

People buying fame is just mesos changing hands, it doesn't introduce more mesos to the server?? This is a very strange battle for you to take and I can only assume you have 500 fames mules and you're worried about competition?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    I do not compete in things I disagree with.

You're right, it doesn't introduce more mesos into the server. But it does allow players to make mesos twice as fast.

12. d3lm

d3lm Selkie Jr.

May 11, 2020
    Male
    1:08 AM
    if only talking about fame mule most if not all seller make their way to lvl 16 from lvl 10 thru hpq so it only really helps them until lvl 10 tho there's already a pog strat better than pressing a button on one client at a time, refer to this guide

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    I didn't know that. That means there's less damage to be done. Still not a fan of this ''feature'' since I do not like spoon feeding but in that case I'm somewhat relieved we're not causing more damage than I anticipated initially. Thanks for being so kind to share this :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Feels this topic got concluded based on last reply by topic creator, so going move this to denied.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. carebu

carebu Brown Teddy

Jul 15, 2020
    Male
    carebu
    Dark Knight
    Elluelians
    I'm going to ruin even more illusion of the fame mule process, there's actually dedicated overleveled islanders to power level fame mules to skip the island as fast as possible, before going to the HPQ. Also, the people who have a lot of fame mules, aren't even producing more as far as I know, because they've already reached their threshold for time per day they want to spend on it. At least, that's my experience being around one of em.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  16. Diuid

Diuid Red Snail

Sep 1, 2020
    Male
    -insert the most sarcastic tone you can possibly imagine- Ya'll gonna regret shooting down this post when you encounter a smug level 8 magician laughing at you as they throw red snail shells to speed run their first job quests

17. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    You do realise every job gets access to this skill right?

18. Diuid

Diuid Red Snail

Sep 1, 2020
    Male
    Yeah and I support this QoL change 100%! If only there was a way to relay sarcasm through text ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 1
  19. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I could actually see it happen so I wasn't sure about the sarcasm lmao.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    People can't see the sarcasm in text if you don't sound sarcastic in text.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.