1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Christmas Events 2021

Discussion in 'Events' started by Mirrors, Dec 30, 2021.

1. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    9:00 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Chair stonks in shambles

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. rajuncajun

rajuncajun Orange Mushroom

Jun 20, 2015
    6:00 AM
    Beginner
  3. Splash

Splash Blue Snail

Sep 7, 2021
    2:00 AM
    I personally think prices for AP Resets should be halved.
    During summer event, baits gave either 1, 2 or 3 points (average 2 points per bait). That's ~50 baits per AP Reset.
    But each christmas box gives only 1 point. That's 100 boxes per AP Reset. AP Resets have practically doubled in price.
    Sure, this event lasts a whoppin 30 days but just as there are limits to raffles because not everyone has the time to play all day every day, same applies to farming christmas points and AP Resets are one of the most sought after items due to the heavy washing required for bossing.

Also, it would be great if the event poster also gave more specific instructions on how to get to Santa or Santa's Helper. The poster says "Santa's Helper will help upgrade your pendant" but gives ZERO information on how to get to the NPC. Simple instructions like "Talk to NPC Rooney to get to happyvillle and enter the portal at top right of the map" would've been great (I actually had no idea and only found out by chance). Not every player has played in the last Christmas event so first time players have no idea how to get there. Same thing happened with the Summer event for me when I first started this server. I and many other players had to ask around how to get to Kendrick because official announcements had ZERO instructions on finding him.

Other than this, thanks for the event and all your hard work and time spent to bring us this massive patch! :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. 8TEEN

8TEEN Pink Teddy

Apr 28, 2020
    Female
    9:00 PM
    Macbeth, Viona, Torrie, Wilson
    Paladin, Bishop, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Firstly, I want to add some positivity to this thread!! :happy:
    I want to express my thanks for including all the hairs from the voting, it was a very pleasant surprise!!!
    I can't speak for everyone else, but it's really appreciated by me!

Whoever that chose the first 3 hairs all were great choices as well HURRAH MapleF14
    Grateful that my comment previously on hairs were well received and were translated into execution so nicely on this event!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thant Nguyen

Thant Nguyen Snail

Dec 22, 2021
    8:00 AM
    BIess
    Bishop
    The zombie ring and Snowflake pendant is temporary right? Like there is not a way to turn it perm before the event ends?

6. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    2:00 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Nope not permanent at all, might last 6 or 9 months.

Better than having no exchange at all :thumbsup:

7. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    If the price of AP resets were to decrease, I think that would necessitate a restriction on the number of resets you can acquire as well though. Currently, you can acquire ap resets at about a rate of 1 per hour, and halving this would mean that people would be able to farm an alarming number of resets (and this same golden opportunity would not be available to players who weren't playing during this event.)

Edit: I'd like to further add that if you're farming points with the intention of getting resets, especially with the addition of the 500 and 750 nx drops you can farm a substantial amount of NX which goes towards your resets as well. And these same 500/750 nx drops were not present in the summer event.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. beegoratto

beegoratto Skelosaurus

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Do you mind me asking where you’re farming 1 reset an hour?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Xeph

Xeph Horny Mushroom

Jun 15, 2017
    Male
    9:00 PM
    Xeph
    Bishop
    Are we not going to have the Death's K set back? RIP the weapon.

Attached Files:

10. Splash

Splash Blue Snail

Sep 7, 2021
    2:00 AM
    You have great points there but I don't see why a restriction on number of resets would be necessary if the price of resets were to be reduced.

People who play more will always benefit more on every regard anyway so your statement saying "people would be able to farm an alarming number of resets" isn't really a valid arguement because people who play lots can do that anyway regardless of price. People who play lots can literally unlock every single rewards and large number of AP Resets no matter what price they are set at. Prices don't matter for people who play lots but it does hurt those who play less or those who simply just can't play as much.

I know that more time invested should obviously mean more rewards so I'm definitely not saying that people who play less should be reward the same. Obviously it just doesn't work that way but AP Resets are very different from raffles or other cosmetics rewards.

All the rewards from raffles can be traded for mesos. AP Resets, however, are untradeable and are only obtainable through a time-wall (voting every 24 hours) and events like this is the only way that can help reduce the number of days we need to wait to obtain a certain number of resets for our washing characters, that also only happens every once in a while.

It shouldn't matter how many resets the people who play lots can farm from the event. Since it can't be traded for mesos, all it does is reduce the number of days of voting. Reducing the price of AP Resets wouldn't bring any unfairness between people who play lots vs less. It would actually benefit us all equally.

11. mard

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    I'm farming at burnt land 5, though you can achieve similar results at other popular farming regions.

12. beegoratto

beegoratto Skelosaurus

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Didn’t know BL5 could hit 80 an hour, that’s pretty surprising. Any particular class that works better or are you just single target whacking?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. TigerEgg

TigerEgg Mano

Jul 4, 2020
    Male
    Doom
    Night Lord
    what is the downside of making AP resets easier to get?

14. mard

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    Just normal attacking on an archer. You can get similar results from single target whacking though, it's the same idea.

I already mentioned this, but it creates a bigger disparity between those who participated in this event and those who didn't. It also further obsoletes DKs/other classes who have an easier time washing and pushes them out of the meta even quicker.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. mard

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    I don't think people can currently get an "alarming number of resets". Let's imagine we had someone treating ap reset farming as a full time job for the month of the event: that would mean they would get about 40 resets per week (assuming 40 hour work weeks and assuming you can farm 80 points an hour or a reset an hour), or 160 resets over the course of the event. 160 resets equates to 496k NX, or about 70 days of voting with the vote streak (7k NX per vote). For someone to have treated this as a full time job for a month, being able to cut down on the voting time by a little over 2 months isn't too crazy.

If we were to halve this instead, then someone would be able to get 320 resets, or cut down on 140 days of voting. That's a very different timeline in terms of time cut down, and for people who are working on their 30k ranged/other ambitious HP projects this accelerates their timeline considerably.

I've stated before that I believe this is a problem because this same opportunity isn't available to those who didn't play during the event. You might be of the opinion that obviously people who play during the event should be rewarded for having played, but I'm viewing it from the other perspective; if I were a new player that joined in February and missed on the opportunity to potentially farm 300+ resets, I would feel incredibly left out and upset. Having missed out on let's say 100+ resets is a totally different scale.

Why is the ability to farm 300+ resets over the course of this event even a problem? It makes certain classes (like DKs, who provide no utility other than HB) and other more easily washable classes (like shadowers, other warriors) obsolete. While everyone knows the meta is headed in this direction, I don't see a reason for us to accelerate this meta development through obscene ap reset farming.

16. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Not that I necessarily disagree with this but you can get significantly more than 1 reset an hour with sweaty tactics. It’s entirely reasonable that people will get at least double your assumptions if they grind for the whole event. I wouldn’t even be surprised if a handful of players end up getting 500 resets if the event stays as is.

17. beegoratto

beegoratto Skelosaurus

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I can’t seem to replicate these results. Without sharing points I’m only seeing maybe 40 an hour, 50 with a lot of luck.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. mard

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    Right, I think you could definitely be extra sweaty about it, but that would just prove my point further that there is no need to decrease the cost of the resets for the event.

Edit: Also, I don't think it's possible to get too much more than 1 reset per hour at least on an individual character basis. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

19. TallBird

TallBird Mano

Apr 16, 2021
    Male
    CrumbCake
    Crossbowman
    none
    Ah my favorite time of year in both real life AND Maple! :heart: So relieved I didn't miss it!

20. Oolong

Oolong Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jul 23, 2019
    Female
    xoJoolie
    Bowman
    Perion
    I thought there was gonna be more heavy metal hair hype Foxpat

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1