1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted Remove strong against Lightning on Margana

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Nightz, Jan 2, 2022.

Remove: "Strong against Lightning" on Margana

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    84.8%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    5:33 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    As the title states I'd like to suggest that the "Strong against lightning" is moved to Neutral for CWK boss Margana so it's more in line with the recent balance changes where immunities and strong against was moved to neutral for bosses that had either poison or lightning immunities/strong against.

This boss is easily overlooked because you shouldn't really have to attack it as an archmage but there's plenty of parties I ran with that have rather weak range and after cleaving you move over to help those out.

I can't think of any reason why I/L mage should be further cucked by leaving this resistance over their superior counterpart F/P mage. I suppose it's simply overlooked when changing the other bosses.

upload_2022-1-2_17-7-42.png

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    12:33 PM
    DMsRebirth
    It's there to cuck Paladins, not I/Ls

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    As quoted from the balance changes:
    Even if it was put in place to cuck Paladins rather than IL it should still be changed accordingly to support this "new vision" of Maplelegends balance. If this proofs to be a problem then It should probably be getting a "Strong against Poison" to keep FP and IL on the same level imo. (even tho FP would still outright beat IL with 7% dpm dif)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    12:33 AM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    With the current demographic, it might be better to tune IL towards a cleave role instead of a single target role in cwkpq. I only used IL as cleave in >5man cwk, i am basically the extra 5th/6th there having fun with friends. In which case, the resistance really doesn't matter much i feel.

However in 4 man cwk where things get more serioues (2 cleave 2 range, with AM being a cleave). I strongly doubt a decent AM + a typical warrior cleave is going to finish much ahead of the 2 range. In which I dont think you will have much chance to CL on the mage boss anyway.

Unless you want to look at making IL actually becoming a viable option as the mage attacker, you pretty much need it to be lightning weak to give IL a chance. Then you run into the problem(?) of Paladins outright destorying it...

5. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    12:33 PM
    DMsRebirth
    Is the damage decay per target hit for chain lightning hardcoded and difficult to change? I'm thinking that reducing the damage loss (or just removing it altogether...) might be an interesting idea to explore.

6. OP
    OP
    Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Obviously you should be cleaving in CWK with BigBang as an IL, yet most CWKs I've ran we would clear cleave before range would finish. I am only asking for this niche change out of fairness towards IL archmages and to be in line with all the balance changes made regarding immunities / Strong against for FP and IL mages.

"Stop the systematic discrimination against the Lightning element in MapleLegends" :^)

7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    9:33 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Make cleave bosses in CWK pq weak against lightning. :^)

8. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    I think this would be a much bigger buff for paladin than actual IL though, not sure this would be the right wait to make IL viable in anyway.

It is obviously that from the past few balance patch, IL are being nerfed hard into the ground. Before the elemental change, IL at least can be said to be better at more bosses than FP. Now they just worse compare to FP thoroughly. Leveling, farming and bossing (other than nib/nameless).

Sadly majority of the IL doesn't give a shit about any nerfs as long as petri/ulu is not resistance to ice lol. Thus the lack of responses to the rounds of IL nerf.
    Kinda sad for a few of the actual IL attackers who are playing an inferior class now.

• Like Like x 3
  9. OP
    OP
    Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Oh I fully agree, it's not like IL will be able to make much use out of this. To me it's more a principle thing rather than something IL actually needs

10. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    9:33 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    Let's get that Shaolin freeze immunity reversed too.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Remove strong against Lightning on Margana

The systemic discrimination against the Lightning element in MapleLegends*

Fixed the title for you

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  12. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    [​IMG]

Really patting myself on the back for this one

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  13. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    1:33 PM
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    That makes sense since what got it nerfed at the time was the multiclient capabilities of one single unit of player, which is the norm nowdays for many people

14. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Accepted

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    1:33 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    This opened me having fun together with IL friends in cwkpq who didn't max BB yet. thanks <3

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Pally for mage boss now?