1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guide for MAC [NEW] MacOS Installation Guide & FAQ

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Nise, Mar 16, 2021.

1. sheepes

sheepes Mushmom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    12:38 AM
    sheepes
    Chief Bandit
    I downloaded the Wineskin version a few days ago, and was able to open the game client and log in fine.

Now, when I open the client and try to log in, the client just crashes? I have already refreshed wrapper.

edit: nvm I had the dec 26 client .-.

When will the mega link be uploaded for Wineskin?

2. thezen23139

thezen23139 Snail

Oct 7, 2019
    Male
    2:38 PM
    Magician
    Hi all,
    Any most recent InstallTime and NagTime code for Mac Crossover client?
    The current code expired like 2-3 days ago.

3. xMatchaLatte

xMatchaLatte Red Snail

Dec 4, 2021
    3:38 PM
    Cleric
    i realise uninstalling and reinstalling helps to reset the expiration code date!

4. ShotShotbang

ShotShotbang Snail

Jan 8, 2022
    Male
    9:38 AM
    "FAILED TO BLA BLA GR2D" M1PRO MAC EDIT:Fixed? see bellow
    Running launcher: MapleLegends (StartMenu.C^3A_users_crossover_Start+Menu/MapleLegends.lnk)
    Command-line options:
    • Bottle: default
    Debug channels:

CrossOver 20.0.4.33197
    macOS Version 10.16 (Build 21A344)
    Install location: /Applications/CrossOver.app
    Mac Locale: en_IL

CXConfig->read(/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/etc/CrossOver.conf)
    CXConfig->read(/Users/romans/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/CrossOver.conf)
    system encoding='UTF-8'
    Running `"/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/cxgettext" --textdomain crossover --textdomaindir "/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/share/locale" --encoding UTF-8 "bottle '%1\$s' not found in '%2\$s'"`
    cxgettext:error: missing gettext functions (maybe libintl.so is missing?)
    -> rc=256 (took 0.0146870613098145 seconds)
    output=[]
    Running `"/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/cxgettext" --textdomain crossover --textdomaindir "/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/share/locale" --encoding UTF-8 "bottle '%1\$s' not found in '%2\$s'"`
    -> rc=256 (took 0.0106592178344727 seconds)
    output=[]
    Running `"/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/cxgettext" --textdomain crossover --textdomaindir "/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/share/locale" --encoding UTF-8 "Unable to find the '%s' bottle:
    "`
    cxmenu:error: Unable to find the 'default' bottle:
    bottle 'default' not found in '/Users/romans/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles'
    bottle 'default' not found in '/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles'
    cxmenu:error: try 'cxmenu --help' for more information
    -> rc=256 (took 0.0105240345001221 seconds)
    output=[]

EDIT: installed newer crossover but now I get the "Maplelegends quit unexpectedly"

Running launcher: MapleLegends (StartMenu.C^3A_users_crossover_Start+Menu/MapleLegends.lnk)
    Command-line options:
    Bottle: MAPLE
    Debug channels:
    Extra environment variables (null)

CrossOver 21.1.0.33869
    macOS Version 10.16 (Build 21A344)
    Install location: /Applications/CrossOver.app
    Mac Locale: en_IL

CXConfig->read(/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/etc/CrossOver.conf)
    CXConfig->read(/Users/romans/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/CrossOver.conf)
    44292: Grabbing the '/var/folders/cw/ntyrl4c1429_3s1n4fmvj77h0000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-100000f-207914.lock' lock
    44292: Got the '/var/folders/cw/ntyrl4c1429_3s1n4fmvj77h0000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-100000f-207914.lock' lock
    CXConfig->read(/Users/romans/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/MAPLE/cxbottle.conf)
    44292: Releasing the '/var/folders/cw/ntyrl4c1429_3s1n4fmvj77h0000gn/T//.wine-501/bottle-100000f-207914.lock' lock
    CXRWConfig->new(/Users/romans/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/MAPLE/cxmenu.conf)
    '/Users/romans/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/MAPLE/cxmenu.conf' not modified -> no need to save
    Starting 'StartMenu.C^3A_users_crossover_Start+Menu/MapleLegends.lnk'
    system encoding='UTF-8'
    Exec-ing '"/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wine" --bottle "MAPLE" --check --wait-children --start "C:/users/crossover/Start Menu/MapleLegends.lnk" --cx-log -'
    0024:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
    0024:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00004100
    rosetta error: LDT 100f32602d831bf not supported

5. chirashi

chirashi Snail

Jan 14, 2022
    tonkatsudon
    Hunter
    Another option if you're OK using Terminal, basically this makes CrossOver think your first run is in the way future so the timer doesn't even start till then.

Run this command
    defaults write ~/Library/Preferences/com.codeweavers.CrossOver.plist FirstRunDate "2023-02-01 05:59:29 +0000"

Then run this command to get back the date you just entered, verifying it is indeed in the future.
    defaults read ~/Library/Preferences/com.codeweavers.CrossOver.plist FirstRunDate

> 2023-02-01 05:59:29 +0000

6. jotaro

jotaro Blue Snail

Jan 15, 2022
    3:38 AM
    Did you find a solution for this? I have Monterey OS too and can't get past the g2rd display issue. Seems its default view is 800 x 600 so confused why it isn't working

7. Pundit

Pundit Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    liljer
    Bowman
    Homies
    Been having a strange issue since the most recent maintenance. Client just suddenly closes, no error message, no return to the login screen, the window just disappears. Has happened four or five times. I'm on an M1 Macbook Air, running Monterey, Crossover 20.0.4. Anyone have ideas?

8. jotaro

jotaro Blue Snail

Jan 15, 2022
    did you ever run into the "Failed in finding proper screen mode for Gr2D" on Monterey/if you did, how did you fix it?

9. Pundit

Pundit Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    liljer
    Bowman
    Homies
    Nope, I'm sorry. Never saw that error.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. LeBu

LeBu Red Snail

Jan 15, 2021
    Male
    2:38 AM
    LeBu
    Cleric
    Nice
    Hello, thanks for this amazing guide... im still having issues with my M1 Mac, the game keeps freezing after character selection, ive done everything this guy says step to step, can i maybe get some personal assistance via discord or something like that? Thank you very much to anyone that can help out a maple fella!

11. coraltime94

coraltime94 Blue Snail

Jan 19, 2022
    Hey yall, looking into enjoying some maple nostalgia but yeah I can't get the crossover application working.
    Running a Macbook Air 2020 M1
    Monterey
    Crossover 21.1

when I run MapleLegends it says

`
    CrossOver is unable to initialize a critical component.

Failed to run Python script '/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/Resources/libcxsetupbase.py'. See console for errors.

The program will now exit. `

EDIT: Gah I see that maplelegends isn't currently working with Crossover 21. My bad!

12. Harebell

Harebell Snail

Jan 19, 2022
    Female
    Beginner
    Same problem here, have tried reinstall and the Terminal but still shows bottle expired. :(

13. toadbro

toadbro Blue Snail

Jan 13, 2022
    Beginner
    same here

14. Bingsu

Bingsu Slime

Mar 14, 2018
    Female
    Magician, Cleric
    Same here..

15. Periwinkle

Periwinkle Blue Snail

Aug 6, 2021
    Female
    Nina02
    Bishop, Night Lord
    What are the new install time and nagtime codes for crossover? It's saying the bottle expired yesterday

16. BigJethro

BigJethro Slime

Dec 21, 2021
    2:38 PM
    BigJethro
    Community
    @up new bottle please

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. toadbro

toadbro Blue Snail

Jan 13, 2022
    Beginner
    Wait I just saw the second spoiler saying, "You can also find a new Install/Nagtime, by installing a program via Crossover (like Notepad++) and then opening up the system.reg for that bottle and finding the newly generated Install/Nagtime. Copy from that file, and paste it into the MapleLegends system.reg!"

and it worked. This is what I replaced it with,

"InstallTime"=dword:6a452d86
    "NagTime"=dword:6c072961

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    I'm getting the GR2D error as well. Just coming back to the game with a new MacBook Pro and couldn't get ML to run with Parallels or Crossover. Both methods had me stuck at the GR2D error. For Parallels, the settings didn't allow me to change the 120Hz refresh rate, which may have been the issue. For Crossover, I also got stuck at GR2D. My refresh rate is set to 60Hz in display settings and I followed the instructions steps. I haven't installed any type of anti-virus yet either. Fresh-out-of-the-box 2021 MacBook Pro.

Client: Crossover
    MacOS version: Monterey 12.1
    Describe the error: GR2D error. Already tried Solutions 1 & 2, installed XQuartz, changed my refresh rate to 60Hz, turned performance enhanced graphics on and off, confirmed 20.0.04v of Crossover, and tried re-installing. Only other thing I can think of is a change in resolution but the resolution options are fixed (see screenshot). Is there any other solution to this?
    Last Run Log:

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. coraltime94

coraltime94 Blue Snail

Jan 19, 2022

So I haven't been able to get things working even with the Crossover 20.04 version and all that. The crash in the console shows `rosetta error: LDT 100f34302d831bf not supported` which seems of interest. I'll post the whole console dump too. vvvv

20. LeBu

LeBu Red Snail

Jan 15, 2021
    Male
    2:38 AM
    LeBu
    Cleric
    Nice
    Haven’t been able to fix the issue, here’s my discord if anyone would like to help out! Damiu#8911