1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thief Sin Guide

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by 0000, Jan 7, 2022.

1. 0000

0000 Slime

Jan 4, 2022
    9:34 PM
    im no longer updating this guide, thats why i deleted it

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    12:34 PM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Hey nice guide, I do have a few questions though..

If its possible to double/triple wash would that be the better go to or would stale washing still be better?

If Dark Sight gives the ability to ignore monster's touch by walking through them then why would Disorder have 4 points?

Why would Claw Booster be at 10 points even if it would match the uptime of Haste, in most cases wouldn't Lucky7/Triple Throw be held down to attack?

If Hermits have Flash Jump and are able to jump and attack at the same time why would it be useful to max out Shadow Web?

Looking forward to your reasoning towards this setup, its nice to see other ranged enjoyers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP

0000 Slime

Jan 4, 2022
    Thanks SlimeSmile

I put 4/20 points on Disorder during the 2nd job because I will later anyway put more points into it and I dont have anything else to put it on expect for Drain which I don't use

Claw Booster has 10 points because its just nicer when grinding to have both buffs be same duration

Shadow Web isn't that useful but I figured since you dont have anything better to put points in, it probably would be useful in some cases though

I dont understand what you meant with the washing part

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    7:34 PM
    A decent start, but a few things I'd mention:
    This is good advice for people new to the game/washing, but if you have a very lofty HP goal, stale washing will probably be necessary. I don't know if you want to explain washing in depth in a class specific guide, but it's probably a good idea for people to know there's more to the story, at least, and that they should look up a specific HP washing guide for this.

I would 100% max Avenger before Shadow Partner and use it for grinding wherever possible. It's much faster to grind with Avenger than Lucky 7. Assuming you're able to hit 4 enemies consistently, it should do more total damage than L7 even at level 1. Around that level, Windraiders are a popular grind spot and it's very easy to get 4 in your crosshairs there. As for the order between Shadow Partner and Avenger: raising Shadow Partner from level 1 to level 30 gives a roughly 24% increase to damage. Raising Avenger from level 1 to level 30 gives a roughly 177% increase to its damage, and that's ignoring the fact that it hits more enemies as you level it up higher.

That being said, this is also a level where a lot of people like to leech. If you are doing that, and especially if you're leeching yourself rather than buying leech, Meso Up is probably the most useful skill to max first. It's just free money.

Your 4th job skill order maxes shadow stars before shifter. It makes more sense to max shifter first in my opinion.
    Shadow stars at level one gives 93 seconds for 200 stars. That means a single stack of 1000 (BFs or Hwabis) gives 7 minutes and 45 seconds. For Ilbis, it's 6 minutes and 12 seconds. Even with ilbis, if you just have 16 sets of stars (roughly 8m at current market prices, I believe), shadow stars 1 gives you 99 minutes of stars. Of course, you won't be rebuffing perfectly all the time, and you can get dispelled, but it's not like this is on the edge at all. That's easily enough for two runs of any pre-HT content. Even if you're messing up a lot, you should still be fine without needing to recharge between runs. At HT level, you'll have both maxed so it becomes moot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pundit

Pundit Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    3:34 PM
    liljer
    Bowman
    Homies
    this point about shadow shifter is especially true because some of the best exp for an NL in early 4th job is Zak, and having shifter in Zak is *way* more useful that having shadow stars. One point in stars is enough. Having max shifter by 140 will be great for your damage, pot use, and quality of life.

• Like Like x 1
  6. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    bruh, this is big brained.. I'm gonna do this too. +1 agree

7. OP
    OP

0000 Slime

Jan 4, 2022
    I'm gonna mention stale washing in the washing section later, Avenger and Shadow Shifter i'm also gonna change in the guide since you have some good points. Thanks for the feedback! joymush

8. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
  9. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    8:34 PM
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
  10. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    I would recommend maxing dark sight in first job over nimble body because I'm pretty sure dark sight overwrites your speed buff unless maxed.

Claw mastery doesn't affect lucky 7 damage, so it's probably more efficient to max haste+booster first unless you value the extra stars more.

MTKs have a level 50 limit, in case you try to KPQ with them.

11. OP
    OP

0000 Slime

Jan 4, 2022
    Theres a bug where you can use Nimble Feet before Dark Sight and have it on for whole Dark Sight duration as long as its not maxed, I also like the accuracy Nimble Body gives

I forgot about the Claw Mastery thing not working with Lucky Seven, thanks for telling me I'm gonna put Booster before Mastery now and fix MTK SlimeSmile

12. thsscapi

thsscapi Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    3:34 AM
    Jizoical, ZackSparrow
    F/P Arch Mage, Corsair
    Lemonade
    Would just like to clarify if this is indeed a bug? Knowingly taking advantage of a confirmed-bug is probably not a good idea.

13. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
  14. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    7:34 PM
    Just to clarify something I've said, I would still put a single point into Shadow Partner before maxing Avenger. That first point gives a 21% boost to damage. The ~24% increase I quoted was going from 1 point to 30 points, not going from 0 points to 30 points.
    Level 1 shadow partner: gives 21% skill damage
    Level 30 shadow partner: gives 50% skill damage
    1.5/1.21 = 1.24 (rounded to 3sf)

15. OP
    OP

0000 Slime

Jan 4, 2022
    Added more gear, stale HP washing, MP washing and other stuff

16. Azuzu

Azuzu Mano

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I believe this has been patched :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. OP
    OP

0000 Slime

Jan 4, 2022
    Did you try both maps before Red Slimes? :writing:

18. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 3.02.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 3.06.33 PM.png

Still works

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  19. Diuid

Diuid Red Snail

Sep 1, 2020
    Male
    You're missing 'Drain' as one of the 2nd job skills. You can max that instead of 'Shadow Web,' because you can actually utilize maxed drain while you'll probably never use shadow web or meso.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Rapskal

Rapskal Chronos

Nov 1, 2017
    Male
    6:34 AM
    Rapskal
    Night Lord
    Lost
    Looking like a nice and easy to use guide.
    I think ninja storm is worth including in 4th job skills. I'd personally max it before taunt and venom star, but I could also see an argument for taunt>ninjastorm>venom depending on your play style

• Like Like x 1