1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Create a safe rest/leech spot, but maintain unsafe attack spot for GS maps

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Joy Celeste, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Joy Celeste

Joy Celeste Mushmom

Nov 11, 2021
    Female
    9:44 AM
    Celeste
    Look, I get it - GS maps were just an afk grindfest and it sucks, but the recent change to increase mob attack range meant that there's so safe spot to leech or afk briefly without losing mapowner.

I'd very much like to level my mules at GS2 without worrying about them dying; and I know it would infuriate me to leave GS2 on a Cleric for a quick bathroom break and lose mapowner because I officially abandoned the map.

Suggestion: put a ladder in the map that's safe from mob attacks, but also prevents afk attacking. Or a psuedo safespot like in Shaolin at the far end of the map that effectively prevents safe afk attacking, but safe afk leeching.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    If you don't pull aggro, both the ladder and stairs are safe. If you're worried about losing mapowner, a good solution is to take one of the GS2 mini dungeons. Those have a 1 hour timer before you get booted out and somebody can take the map.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    5:44 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Put a mule on the stairs. Now get on the stairs with another character and attack. See how safe the mule is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    That's true, it's not safe for a mule if you can't 1 hit the mobs. But OP is talking about solo leveling a Cleric.

5. OP
    OP
    Joy Celeste

Joy Celeste Mushmom

Nov 11, 2021
    Female
    Celeste
    I was talking both about leeching and solo-leveling a Cleric actually. I have a Priest that I use to GS2 leech (comparable to Bish leech in exp). Most Bishops would rather sell CDs leech in my experience.

Back when I was trying to get my FP through 2nd job hell (didn’t have enough money to train at DTs) I leeched my FP with my Cleric who trained at GS2. This isn’t an option anymore.

6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Buy pet auto pot. Simple solution.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Works for people with money. For folks who make their money farming gs2, the mule pot cost is substantial. Maplestory isn’t just end game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    12:44 PM
    iPippy
    Why are new players who can't afford mule pot costs worried about leveling mules in the first place? This extreme mule meta is abhorrent.

• Like Like x 7
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    If you're using a priest, use heal? Pot costs are insignificant.

10. OP
    OP
    Joy Celeste

Joy Celeste Mushmom

Nov 11, 2021
    Female
    Celeste
    You do know mages without MG die almost instantly at GS2, right? Or are we supposed to be both auto potting our mules and healing them and constantly watching them and casting MG when this was literally a non-issue a month ago?

11. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Yes? That's called playing the game.

You need to cast MG once every 10 minutes. This is a non-issue.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. OP
    OP
    Joy Celeste

Joy Celeste Mushmom

Nov 11, 2021
    Female
    Celeste
    Because the alternative is to solo start a Cleric and then start the other character later – which is inefficient EXP wise. Anyway, I started an FP and Cleric at the same time so they could leech each other into 4th job.

13. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    It's inefficient exp-wise to not be training a full party of 6 clients. And don't forget about buffs. HS, MU, MW, echo. Its far too inefficient to be a new player without all buffs.

(If you want gs mobs that have a safe spot, mp3 is probably the best tradeoff)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Joy Celeste

Joy Celeste Mushmom

Nov 11, 2021
    Female
    Celeste
    Please don’t exaggerate my argument to six players and say that no one is doing that. I only brought up the cleric/fp combo because they were my very first characters in this server, and I wanted to be efficient with my time because I knew I wanted to play both.

While it’s fair to state that I’m not being optimal by not partying up five mules at GS, I feel it is unkind of you to not recognize how much this change affects poorer or newer players. I recognized it because I did benefit from an afk spot. Of course there are other maps to train snd leech at, but I wish to remain focused on this recent GS nerf, especially since it’s the best map for Clerics.

Mulestory and the need to leech is a different problem that’s out of the scope of this thread.

The GS nerf was intended to prevent afk attacking. If it was meant to prevent leeching then the Staff should have said so. I only wished to start this suggestion to point out the unintended consequence of simply extending mob attack ranges, and to offer potential solutions that I saw. Let’s please remain on topic.

15. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You're better off using your priest as an HS mule and then killing with your FP. Once your FP gets to 3rd job, you'll be able to blow past your priest in levels to 4th job. You don't even need to farm at FoT. You can mist train at other maps and make a profit.

Though, the premise of your post doesn't really have much teeth. You complain about having to magic guard on your FP every 10 minutes. GS mobs do 4-500 damage, and with MG on, that's like 300-600 mp lost whenever your character gets knocked off rope, which will recover over time as you don't get hit. You can heal back the lost HP so that's irrelevant. You can also pattern your attack rotation so that the mobs don't attack in the direction of your FP on rope.

It just requires smarter play, hence my comment that the work around to this is to just play the game. Complaining about repositioning your mule, casting MG once every 10 minutes, and using pet auto pot doesn't make sense because that is a complaint regarding player skill issue and willingness to adapt.

• Like Like x 4
  16. carebu

carebu Brown Teddy

Jul 15, 2020
    Male
    carebu
    Dark Knight
    Elluelians
    Did you know 7f has similar problems? And always has and always will? It's a balance decision.

• Like Like x 1
  17. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    12:44 AM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    In 7f, you can just ask your partner to hold the map until you are back.

The only thing I dont like is you can't take a break at GS anymore. But with the more odd hours I can, I have no problem getting a map even if I leave the map for a while then come back, the added mini dungeons also help tbh. But I can see how this can be a problem during more peak hours.

18. Bingsu

Bingsu Slime

Mar 14, 2018
    Female
    Magician, Cleric
    I agree with you! I was hanging on the rope making sure I haven’t aggro’ed any mobs, went for a quick 15 second break, and came back to 3HP LOL.

It really is inconvenient - I saw someone die just trying to change channels. It’s difficult for me to change channels as well; because I have to heal whenever I bounce into a new channel. That aggros the mobs and doesn’t let me rest on the rope peacefully for a second..

I’ve graduated from GS2 maps recently but I can imagine it is really annoying for anyone who has to grind there after the update :’) They’re not too big problems yes - but the user experience is pretty bad~

19. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Alternatively, you could just use pots.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bingsu

Bingsu Slime

Mar 14, 2018
    Female
    Magician, Cleric
    As a cleric, I think it’d be pretty weird to buy pots solely for cc-ing at gs2. Buuut another tip I found is to just go into the next map (the mobless one) and cc there, then going back to gs2.