1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Formal Proposal] Quester's Ring

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skuire, Apr 30, 2020.

Do you support this proposal?

1. Yes

497 vote(s)
    82.8%
  2. Yes, but needs changes (specify in thread)

84 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. No

19 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. Ryusuke

Ryusuke Blue Snail

Dec 26, 2018
    Male
    6:25 AM
    Corsair
    I just saw this thread, and I love this idea. +++++++++1

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    6:25 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    WOAH--apologies as I haven't checked out this thread in a long time--but AMAZING job, dude! She's adorable!

My clunky, jagged pixels could never compare to someone with real artistic talent like yourself. Would you mind if I updated the original post to showcase your artwork primarily?

Either way, unbelievable work man! Keep doing your thing!

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    5:25 AM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Woah I just saw this!! Lovely attitude and lovely pixel art concepts! :heartbeat: Kimmy hire this friend pls ty :eek:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Finally

Finally Mano

Feb 20, 2021
    Male
    9:25 AM
    Papylon
    Shadower
    Hey Skuire, i lost my acc :( and so made this new one, and... sure you can put on the front page, but ill argue that you put it as a fan art or something kin to that, so other people can get inpired and make their own take on her from your original and potent idea.

Oh, and your pixel art is fine, nice character concept and design, specially her hat with that quill pen. Oh yeah, and her holding this large book against her body, its a really cute pose too.

Thanks Ryae. <3

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    1:25 PM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    BUMP

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  6. Nekokoro

Nekokoro King Slime

Apr 6, 2021
    Female
    CC1 FM18
    8:25 AM
    Nekokoro
    Bishop
    Gang Gang
    Yessss!
    I love this!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Sleepy

Sleepy Blue Snail

May 27, 2017
    Female
    7:25 PM
    Magician
    Still waiting for this ring to be in the game :(

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Ayderac

Ayderac Pink Teddy

Mar 13, 2018
    Male
    Sweden
    12:25 PM
    Ayderac
    Bishop
    Abyss
    I love this idea aswell but I would rather have it changed to give some stats/hp/WA/MA instead of defense to make it feel more attractive. Would be so cool doing quests and monster book together! Then I could actually play my intlord aswell :heartbreak:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    1:25 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    WA/MA in a ring makes no sense and would be too OP.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. jusin

jusin Red Snail

Apr 18, 2021
    Male
    jusin
    Thief
    Fantastic idea! I remember being a bit sad that the quester’s medal was not a possible feature, but this would be a seamless replacement. And I doubt this would affect voting in a negative way due to the amount of effort vs. benefit gained from a washing standpoint.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. nics

nics Mushmom

Nov 3, 2020
    8:25 PM
    how about the reward is a full map buff skill like echo, instead of quest ring

• Creative Creative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Crisco

Crisco Red Snail

Mar 21, 2020
    Female
    Shadower, Bandit
    Have there been any rumblings about this lately? Is it in the works?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    If something like this doesn’t happen, there needs to be a complete questing overhaul. Slapping a 3x exp reward onto quests doesn’t really solve anything when the base exp is already terrible, or the rewards are equipment/mesos.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    It depends on the quests. Some quests with a x3 bonus are incredible!! Others, not so much. They are level appropriate, so they're not extremely terrible, but I do think the quests should be examined one-by-one to see which ones need an overhaul.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    I agree with you completely. Of course, not all quests are bad, but there is definitely two categories. The well-known shortlist of quests that are rewarding to complete, and the other 90% of quests which are a waste of time outside of the novelty of completing them the first time. The second category of quests are the ones that need to be overhauled using the existing good quests as a baseline.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    The early game quest are fun and stuff, especially some with an interesting storyline/series to it.
    It just seems like Neoxn can't give a shit anymore to create quest content for lv70+, other than a few ludi quests with solid rewards. The leafre quests are all shit.

Of course. Quest ring please, it is just quality content like MBR.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    QUEST RING

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. halfwaysleet

halfwaysleet Master Chronos

May 21, 2018
    Male
    9:25 AM
    halfway
    Thief
    I'm against the idea of a quest ring being introduced at this point in the server's lifespan since it would punish high level players that missed out on earlier quests. I wouldn't mind a tier 15 or 20 MB ring being introduced in the foreseeable future however; the monster-book npcs and features are already implemented so it would be less of a burden on the devs.
    If they managed to manually add cards to current card-less mobs, and new sources of cards along with new areas such as LHC, it could make upgrading the ring beyond tier 10 more feasible.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  19. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    Kimmy has repeatedly stated she would not up the MB Ring, so that's right out. I think the only thing that can make quests more inviting at this point is to revamp the quests that give terrible rewards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    2:25 PM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    I understand that concern, but if quest ring is implemeneted as suggested (900 completed quests for highest tier), then even if you miss every quest you can miss (quests that have a max level requirement) you can still get the top tier, and being a higher level player would just make it easier.

• Agree Agree x 8