1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

WIPE? NEW SERVER? UPDATE FIX?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flow, Feb 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    8:21 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    What is happening?

Sorry for bringing this, i'm new to the server (lv130 bishop only) but i'm very annoyed, i was very hyped and grinding a lot, but when i saw kimberly post about her own sadness about the current state of the server i became kinda unmotivated to keep playing, i hope they do something about it with transparency, i'm feeling confused about the longevity of the server, originally my motivation to play maplelegends was longevity and the reliable staff, but now i'm confused af :(
    Should i keep playing? It's on the title, i don't know what is going to happen now.

TO BE HONEST that is my vision about it:

Neckson removing hp wash when players really spent REAL MONEY on it: ok guys its removed.

Maplelegends: we can't remove hp wash because people voted for 6 months for get it, so we're avoiding new players and keeping the worst mechanic ever seen on a mmo.

And i think neckson is the right one, the only way to keep a game alive is making new players arrive, instead of avoiding then with bad mechanics and forcing theyselfs to deleting their characters and waiting for months to progress on the character they want to play, in my vision the staff is looking more for the old players, and ignoring the VERY BIG amount of new players quitting.

Any player who did wash is going to get angry because they removed it later? For example, i washed a sair to 20k hp on roy*ls and i totally agree reducing my max hp back to 12k and making everyone able to get this without wash, btw, i selled leech for like, 60~100 hours to finish my sair, its not VOTES (took 30 seconds per day) but the main point for me in this game is helping new players, making friends and seeing people evolve on the game, but right now the reality is: you see a new player quitting after discover about hp wash.

Leech is almost impossible to fix, and only can be solved if we REMOVE wash, Levels 100~120 we have a very big discrepancy between mobs strengh and players, skeles for example, insane magic attack damage and hp, and a poor priest dealing 4~6k damage with a slow skill, making leech op on these levels... MapleLegends solve part of this problem with GS+CD maps, and tbh, fantastic changes in my oppinion, i think maybe a nerf on fma exp share is good enough to encourage mages to use other skills and reduce leech effectivity (only if they remove wash).

Mules kills the necessity of the variety on the game, and made it very hard to balance, but i know, the big majority of players disagree with me, and i'm fine with that.

That's all, what you guys think about it? Lets have a healthy discussion if possible.
    And sorry for my bad english, it's not my main language, but i've tried my best.
    EDIT: i forgot to put a "NO CHANGES?" at title too, it is the 4th possibility.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Gallimar

Gallimar King Slime

May 15, 2017
    Male
    1:21 PM
    Beginner
    Totally agree that HP washing and Leeching needs to go, aswell as mules.. But it wont ever happen unfortunatley. The legends staff wont even comment on why it wont ever happen. You can look forward to this post beeing ignored for the most part even though many of us players agree with you.
    Also they wont remove the HP wash, since it would make people vote on only 1-2 accounts, instead of 5 accounts. It would reduce Legends spot at the Gtop alot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    4:21 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Read the rest of the staff replies to the Kimberly yearly thoughts post before drumming up more misinformation and panic about it. The server is not getting wiped anytime soon and Kimberly is right to look into alternatives to adding more HP, like a rework of defense, rather than commit to massive server quaking HP changes and their slew of implications.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I Will copy and past my 2 cents for other topic:

The problem to hp wash get much easy is a class disbalance..
    back in days was need to do a choice:

1) ranged with dpm/avoid
    2) melee with hp and acc/mobility problem
    3) mages with ultimate

when you change this choice you get a strong char.

so, it get much easy to get hp, is no reason to make melee at all (as you read it, you read other job will be not taken in boss, since nls and bm don't need other class buff when they togheter)

the possible solution to make it easy without desbalance:

the first thing i thinked is job adv. gives a bit of hp and mp, i don't see any problem to implement this, kimmy disliked ( but i gave my 2 cents to help community i knew the hp wash mechanic since 2008 and don't have problem with this)

other thing i see is nice was a quest ring, i dont remmember the post writer, but a ring that get strong by quest and divided by job (it can give acc for melee, hp for ranged, maybe magic for mages?)

another thing that can be nice is a hp quest, with hp capeable (for example: ranged can only get 1-2k hp for this quest, or something like ranged can't pass 10k hp with this quest)

others potential solution:
    pet equip with more slots?

wedding rings got a buff of def/hp/have 100%? scrolls?

Implement chaos zak/ht or like normal zak/ht but with more hp (and timmer or no xD) that give same stats but some extra hp (200ish each for a stronger version of this boss it will help to get more cleave content too)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    2:21 PM
    #wipe hype

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    2:21 PM
    Hero
    another cute way of solving hp wash without taking away votes would be to add a Cash Shop equip item which can be scrolled with Cash Shop scrolls for HP.

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Well, all this discussion about HP Washing is very old here, the promises about changes too, the entire comunity is helping with alternative of how we can solve this problem, so i can't understand why this is taking so long, i saw 2018 posts about it...

8. Gallimar

Gallimar King Slime

May 15, 2017
    Male
    1:21 PM
    Beginner
    Honestly i wouldnt mind a wipe either. Maple wasnt meant to "Stay" on this stage for this long.
    Make a wipe with HP washing fix, and nerfed leeching and you have the perfect maple server. But the problem then, would be that people would only play/vote on 1-2 accounts, instead of the 5-6 accounts the vote on today.
    And that would put Legends way down on Gtop. And i do not think MapleLegends staff wants this.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Another cute way to fix the HP washing issue would be to play a warrior or mage class.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    6:21 AM
    To be fair mages (bishops for horntail) are recommended to wash a lot as well and their washing costs aren't cheap. I do recommend just playing a warrior class (mainly a paladin).

• Like Like x 1
  11. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    the maple you said is like other server that openned and closed in 20 days...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Idm playing mage or warrior, but i saw like 8 of my 10 friends leaving because they want play another job, even shadower is annoying enough to rage quit...

13. OP
    OP
    flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    I don't agree with a WIPE, if we choose hardcore ways to fix the server, i think making a second server makes more sense than WIPE'ing everything, WIPE is just unfair with so many ppl

14. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You mean to say your friends wanted to play of all the strongest classes without having any of the drawbacks in attaining those advantages?

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Like Like x 6
  15. OP
    OP
    flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Are you serious? SHADOWER is one of the strongest classes? They can make a paladin easier to deal ways more damage even, wash isn't a class balance parameter.

What is the point in playing all the other classes to end game following your idea? For me it's kinda demotivating to keep leveling any other class, someone made a washed character, and they need to be superior.
    Okay, to play a nightlord you need make a mage and leech it till 160 with int, now its balanced??

This is, in my point of view, a elitist way to think about the server, the most popular attacker for example, is nightlord BECAUSE they have high mobility and are fun to play, and back in the days everyone had one and want that nostalgia, why we can't allow then? Oh sorry, your job is too strong at late game, so you can't play with it, re-do to a weak class or go to another server.

DarkKnights need hp wash, so make then the strongest warrior, make sense for you?

And in the end the tryhard player is always going to deal more damage, and nightlords for example is a very bad class without fund/levels, and hard to level without previous funds, to a casual player, its almost always the worst choice already.

EDIT: And lets remember, one of the points of unbalanced classes is the wash, nightlords with more hp than warriors its fair because they leveled on the rope with mages instead of playing the game?

Even BAD servers and PTW ones is getting a very big amount of players, because wash is just the most ridiculous mechanic ever seen, no ones like it, its agressive to newbies and is toxic to game balance, but let's keep it and see the new players and old ones tired of this lefting the server, because we need that to balance the classes.
    Again, i selled almost 100 hours of leech on roy*ls to wash my sair to 20k, and was saving for a 30k here, but man, wtf is that? We are not allowed to play the game without messing up the character...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Americans

Americans Red Snail

Dec 15, 2021
    7:21 PM
    schadenfreude

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    hey little kid, everyone can google the meaning of this word.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    7:21 AM
    DMsRebirth
    the best way to fix hp washing is to invent a time machine so kimmy can go back to 2014(?) and tell herself to not enable hp washing on the new server she wants to create

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. akqt

akqt Mano

May 11, 2020
    Female
    Ellinia
    6:21 AM
    akqt
    Bishop
    Funk
    Imagine you invited yourself in Kimmy's house and she gives you a roasted chicken for free (the same cooked chicken everyone receive.) but suddenly you asks her to debone the chicken that moment. What do you think she would feel?

And you are comparing something with an army and many resources agaisnt someone with a little squad and a rice sack. Let's put Nextson aside. Ok? The modifications are not such a thing you can do with a magic stick, you have to do some reverse engineery to see how the game works, specially when such frankstein was not created by yourself. Removing the HP washing won't stop the leech, not everyone want to do the deadbrain grinding process (Press a button, kill the virtual monster, repeat.), most of people cares about their time and looks for the most efficient way to progress in this game. The 4th Job magician, in my opinion, was already broken from the beginning (Thanks, Nextson). Also, my ideas to fix this is looking for a way to force the party members to play actively, otherwise, no EXP; or adding a delay for that magical nuke skill (which most of people will disagree.) or use a consumable every time with a certain drop rate. And for HP washing, I was thinking about giving other 3 extra rings with certain HP amount regarding your class (without making you OP, and DK useless. ) with the condition about completing the book at 100%, or increase HP scrolls values. Maybe my ideas sound unrealistic (and crazy) but that's all I can think, It's better than nothing. And about the mules, well, It depends on people to use them or not, remember most of people want to progress in this game in the most efficient way and mules creating process takes time too and in long terms they pay off, saving your time and botherings to wait for someone else willing to help you. It's up to you how to deal with your needs.

And another thing, a private server with more than 5 years of life (Correct me if I'm wrong) it's unlikely to disappear (Unless Kimmy jumps from a cliff without a card under the sleeve, lol.). And I want to tell you it's not easy to keep a server, it implies dealing with service providers, bills, bugs, patches, tests, breaks something, patches again, hackers, botters, plans, disagreements, claims, clarifying rumors, etc. Everything implies investments of time, and Staff are people like any of us, they have a life and others problems to deal with. Maybe Kimmy just wanted to release that weight of uneaseness at least a little on forums so someone can understand her situation. Everyone have flaws, she is not the exception.

For the last, the most important thing is if you enjoyed your time in the server with or without your friends then your time was worthy. If you are not enjoying this anymore then sadly you are just wasting your time and therefore you should cut your loses and move on (no offense). I'd already quitted from this server for personal reasons without much open drama. But at least I got someone who is my only umbilical cord to keep me connected to this community (not in-game though). =P

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. welch123

welch123 King Slime

Nov 4, 2017
    Male
    New York, NY
    7:21 AM
    nucky, Jacinda
    wipe this server! the rich has accumulated so much wealth that gap between the rich and poor will never bridge

• Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 3
    • Great Work x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.