1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

oatmetal's fuccaneer journal

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Krstn, Feb 9, 2022.

1. Krstn

Krstn Slime

Feb 9, 2022
    Female
    10:32 AM
    oatmetal
    Buccaneer
    Shawties
    Hi my name is Kristen and this is my first post ever, despite having been interested in these forums for a while. In this journal I'll be playing my level 6x brawler, oatmetal. The weird name which derives from my love of oat milk and metal music (please ask for music recommendations). Along the way this will be my main character due to how ridiculously fun its been to play a brawler so far, alongside any random side characters I play or want to share.

The purpose of this journal is for one reason and for one reason only: to get a $25 applebees giftcard. I made a bet with my friend, Penisbutt that if I was to get on a Pink Bean run by the end of this year, I would win this bet. (IDK if this is illegal pls dont ban me Kimmy) I started my character and its maple journey around the start of this year so it seems fitting that this goal would be contained inside of 2022.

In order to win I need to successfully join a run, survive until the main body and then punch the bean once.

So you must be thinking that I'll be trying to level to around 190 and legitimately join a run, but you would be wrong MapleF3

What I'm going to try to be doing is leveling to the minimum level (150?) and getting around 15,000 HP by that level to meme sneak my way onto a run, which technically abides by the rules of this wager. Because as every person whos been to apps knows, that amount of money at your local Applebees past 10PM makes you tantamount to royalty.

What you should know about me is that while I'm not very sweaty, I am very stinky which is why I to double wash a ton
    Base Hp:3633
    Base Mp: 1936
    Base Int: 120 (will probably raise to 160 so I have less to MP Wash and more to spend on cute nx MapleF11)
    Overall Int: Around 192 with Int Gear, about 198 with my friends MW
    upload_2022-2-9_14-52-19.png

This journal is to help keep me going and be motivated to get to this level, while providing myself and (hopefully, please hopefully MapleF4) others some enjoyment along this journal.

It would also be nice to have a record of my days playing this game and have a way to keep benchmarks of what is going down in my daily/maple life. I might also make an additional post of the nonsense I've gotten up to so far. While it may not mean as much to others, it's meant a lot to me so far and should maybe serve as a self reminder to enjoy the time I spend doing things and not rush from one goal to another. To force myself to make sure to stop and enjoy the things happening around me.

I'm not setting any rules for myself about zero funding or leeching since so far I have had very good luck with gach and already have some int equips and decent gear from thrifting/scrolling/donations. Although that would be very fun to do with a different character, maybe a shadower or a corsair (stay tuned for that).

I do promise though that I will only get leech if it is for free (I'm thrifty what can I say) because as grindy as this game is, I don't want to rush it and I want to take the time to experience it as it goes by.

I'd like to place a disclaimer at the start of this journal that I am absolutely awful with computers and will be trying my best to learn and make this journal aesthetically pleasing, so I apologize in advance for any damage caused to your retinas.

~Have fun
    ~Keep a journal of my life/experiences
    ~Get to level 150
    ~Get a tier 10 Monster Book Ring
    ~R>Shawties/Fruity

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 18
  2. OP
    OP
    Krstn

Krstn Slime

Feb 9, 2022
    Female
    oatmetal
    Buccaneer
    Shawties
    Saving this to post nonsense later on

(2/12/22: So uhhh, I think I just found out that I can't add any pictures to this so I'm perhaps thinking of showing more stats in my posts/maybe posting some happy memories that I made on here before I started these forum posts. But just wanted to say thank you for reading so far!)

3. penisbutt

penisbutt Red Snail

Sep 5, 2020
    Male
    9:32 AM
    penisbuttt
    Shadower, Bishop
    Senpais
    ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    4:32 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    The one and only oatmetal

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Camazotz

Camazotz Chronos

Sep 27, 2020
    Male
    Camazotz, AoKuang, Heimdallr
    Dark Knight, Marksman, Shadower
    Caffeine
    I did LPQ with Oatmetal on my noob bandit 11/10 would recommend.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ronnie Oren

Ronnie Oren Snail

Oct 17, 2021
    Female
    5:32 PM
    I/L Mage
    BABE LET'S GOOOOOO I BELIEVE IN YOU <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Krstn

Krstn Slime

Feb 9, 2022
    Female
    oatmetal
    Buccaneer
    Shawties
    Day #1: 2/9/2022
    Today I got up to some hardcore grinding! I snorted some coke pills every fifteen minutes and ran PPQ 65 times, OPQ 3 times and grinded at ghost ship for a total of 15 hours. Do you know how many coke pills that is ? a lot...

While you may have expected me to get off on the right foot starting this journal, you would be wrong. OnionCoffee

I didn't do any of what I said above, what I actually got up to was running PPQ about 5 or 6 times, where I was stalked visited by Nightzy-poo who carried us with his heavy three shells damage. Also thank uu for the kind words Nightz and for the kind reception everyone who has read so far has given this. While currently, I'm attempting to get into medical school, I used to be an English major and write incredible essays and stories all the time like it was nothing. Since graduating from uni almost a year ago in the Spring of 2021, its left me very burnt out and I haven't written anything since and every time I've attempted to I've failed with no avail. Well, nothing until this journal! So I just wanted to say thank you for reading and for being so nice so far as it honestly means a lot to me as I eventually try to rediscover my love for writing through this fun journal method and try to recover from having been burnt out so much my last year at university! (side note idk why us americans say college when university/uni sounds so much better). Ok back to the real reason you guys read this~

I got up to some more nonsense as the reason I left PPQ so shortly was because one of my alliance members was getting married! I tried to set up her maple marriage with my friend, but she declined and preferred to marry her mule instead, so sorry buddy OnionF4.

After this and hanging around the FM for a little bit, my beautiful and kind and perfect friend Mr. KantoVigo offered to give free leech to me and our sad friend whos hand in marriage was turned down for a mule.

However, you might thing this would be where the journal ends but you would be sadly mistaken, this is where the true journey begins.

As anyone who knows me in maple or real life would say, I am very thrifty (some might say cheap) and I refused to buy a teleport rock to get to Wind Raiders so I instead embarked on a noble journey to get there myself, akin to Frodo beginning his journey to arrive at the mountains or Mordor. Similarly to the Fellowship of the Ring (idk what happens I read the book like 4 years ago when I was in high school) I got lost, immediately. But what would you know it, a friendly stranger named Soblet found and rescued me, as what Tom Bombadil did for the fellowship.

So thank you
    Soblet for rescuing me and for showing me the way! Hmmm now if I only remembered where I knew that name from...

Once I finally arrived to Wind Raiders I knew I should be proud of myself for having had done basically nothing to get there! Bravely being able to save 1k NX from not buying a teleport rock. OnionCourage

But before I knew it, my curiosity got the better of me and I decided I wanted to explore the map. Well, like the saying goes, Curiosity killed the cat because my ass fell through the map and died on the JQ. So shortly after getting their, our beautiful and kind boy KantoVigo had to come rescue me, which before he did... I died again on the jump quest of which he went to retrieve me... Somewhere along the journey I also tried to explore... before then getting lost so I ended up needing to be retrieved on three separate occasions..... Sorry Kanto

Once I got there, I promised that I would not move another inch. And I abided by that promise! Except to gamble with my fellow leechee, where I lost 3 rolls in a row and then we decided on a one final roll death math where the winner would take home 5 million mesos! I lost that too... He rolled a 16 and I rolled a 14. If you ever see me around and wanna make some money, ask me to roll but for the time being I'm a maplestory roller in recovery.

I ended the day with going out with some people to get drunk and it was a really fun time! It's still a bit weird being able to drink legally but I'm sure I'll get over the weirdness soon :p

I ended the day with:
    https://imgur.com/mcNjcst

Thank you for reading my silly journal and I promise to have more updates soon!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    Krstn

Krstn Slime

Feb 9, 2022
    Female
    oatmetal
    Buccaneer
    Shawties
    also i am completely awful at figuring computers out so if anyone wants to tell me an easier way to put photos into these things please hit me up in game/forums/discord to explain to how to better do all this

Update as of 2/12/22 I learned that you can just drag pictures from your files and drag them here... I no longer have to copy and paste them or go through imgur, also why whenever I posted these on imgur were there always people who disliked my posts :confused: idk some people are weird man.

but thanks to Olive/imHidden for showing me how to do this and anyone looking to join a guild whisper him to join our new up and coming guild, Shawties.

9. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    oatmilk supremacy

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Krstn

Krstn Slime

Feb 9, 2022
    Female
    oatmetal
    Buccaneer
    Shawties
    oat milk>all other types of milk

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    11:32 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    great!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Krstn

Krstn Slime

Feb 9, 2022
    Female
    oatmetal
    Buccaneer
    Shawties
    Day #2: 2/10/2022

Today was the day I finally hit level 70 and I couldn't be happier! In a game where so many people can easily rush to level 120, it still feels like an accomplishment to have made it so far MapleF2

Didn't get up to much else today, but look at these super kind messages people left me MapleF13

2022-02-10 (6).png

2022-02-10 (9).png

~Tomorrow is my best friends birthday so I won't be doing a journal post because I'll be celebrating!
    ~My septum piercing has finally healed and no longer hurts when its moved
    ~I also officially decided that I will be taking a break this school semester to focus on myself and pursing some temporary side things, but will get right back to things in the fall!

Update: As of writing this on 2/12/22, things are still going good! Although I have not played much, I will be getting back on the grind soon!

Final Progress Picture: (So close to my goal of 160int and once I get there I can finally start MP washing because I still smell a bit)
    2022-02-10 (15).png

• Like Like x 2
  13. OP
    OP
    Krstn

Krstn Slime

Feb 9, 2022
    Female
    oatmetal
    Buccaneer
    Shawties
    Day #3: 2/12/22

Sorry to disappoint but still didn't get up to much playing, I've been pretty hungover and only played for about an hour or two. However, in my hungover state I did get up to some scrolling and blew almost all my money, which I currently may or may not regret, time will only tell. I did some PPQ which was fun as always and once I reached into the MPQ level range, I wanted to try out the new party quest... Before long I realized that it was absolute hell... Still, knowing me I'm probably going to keep doing it anyway to keep further pushing back having to grind for as long as I can.

Also, a few people noticed me at MPQ from these posts I've been making and I thought that it was pretty cool! It Boosted my ego a little bit and made me feel like an insanely minor and irrelevant celebrity in a cute mushroom game (wannabe/fake more like MapleF3)

2022-02-12 (1).png
    2022-02-12 (2).png

As you can see... it's not the best...

I also managed to level! Due to how disappointing scrolling my zhelm was, I decided that I want to try to PPQ to get a pirate hat as it does offer some base hp/mp which I could always use. (and plus I don't want to lay out 10m for a second helmet MapleF4). Although we'll see what happens first, between doing another 45 runs for a pirate hat or losing my sanity.

Firstly though before I get into that, my most important short term goal is to get a pig mount which I am very excited to get since I love how cute those little piggys are.

I'm also one step closer to my goal of 160 base int! In one more level I'll finally get there and can start MP washing MapleF2 (applebees gift card I'm comin for you MapleF11)

Anyways, sorry for the short post I'll make sure to have more to add in my next post :))

Final Screenshot (ignore me taking this today after forgetting to yesterday :p)

2022-02-13 (2).png

• Like Like x 2
  14. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    u buy this shoes with those stats?

15. OP
    OP
    Krstn

Krstn Slime

Feb 9, 2022
    Female
    oatmetal
    Buccaneer
    Shawties
    Day #4: 2/13/22
    Hours Actively Played: 2 hours
    Hours hoeing around the FM: Probably the same or double that idk

Another day another dollar my mushroom friends, is what I would say if I was rich, which I am unfortunately not...

I accomplished some goals today! Starting with getting my adorable piggy mount! It's a well needed speed boost that's gonna help make grinding and moving around significantly easier, now that I don't have to worry about double clicking a key to dash wherever I need to go. Also, it's honestly surprising that anyone could have done this on GMS without the support of Nx and am currently very grateful that it's not something we have to pay for, but is something just given to us daily by doing nothing but pressing a button (and solving an annoying capcha MapleF3). Like I can't imagine not being able to gach or use owls or have a shop, how else would someone have raised 20 million mesos for a mount?

2022-02-13 (7).png

I also finally hit my int goal of 160, why have all that int by level 32 when you could waste a ton of levels in between like me and not have that until level 72 MapleF4MapleF4
    The good news is, I can finally start Mp washing and slowly chip away at my goal of 15,000 Hp which is now looking like more of a possibility with every level! Now that I reached my int goal of 160 base int, I have an additional 80int in gear which should work to be 1.5 washes per level and with additional MP washes, I'm not even sure how much that would be, but it should be a large amount. Thank god NX is free or else my bank account would be hurting in even more ways. Also wanted to say thank you to my maple friend, vvook who helped do all the calculations for me to figure out how to reach my goal hp because I suck at math.

I also had a nice talk with someone about Maplestory lore today while on the boat to Orbis to get my piggy!

2022-02-13 (3).png

Well it turns out Grendel is kinda wack and did some really sketchy stuff in the past.

I managed to level a few times by running MPQ once and then doing some training at CDs, where I had a wild Kanto encounter and where he tried to hold me at gunpoint to give me leech. I'm at the point where leveling is starting to slow down a bit, but overall it's still manageable with the amount of Int I have. As long as I try to maintain a healthy balance and not overplay, I think I'll be able to stay motivated to hit my long term goal! Can't wait to level up a bit more to finally put some of the 3rd job skills I have to more use.

~About to sign up for a certificate program to get TEFL certified so I can teach English as a language in other countries
    ~Spent some quality time with my friend for his birthday
    ~Looking forward to Valentine's Day (and the valentine's day event most importantly) MapleF15

2022-02-13 (6).png

ALSO TELL KIMMY HOW GOOD HER PURPLE OUTFIT LOOKS IF YOU SEE HER AROUND

Thank you all for reading and if you see me around feel free to say hi, I always like talking to new people~

• Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Krstn

Krstn Slime

Feb 9, 2022
    Female
    oatmetal
    Buccaneer
    Shawties
    oof i'm glad i didn't, i bought it clean and then landed a 10% jump and a two 60% jump scrolls, so honestly kind of underwhelming considering how much it was to buy clean MapleF4

17. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    how much u paid for it? i am pretty sure 4 int in a bit expensive no? otherside u can use any piratea shoes with same dex no?

18. Trep2

Trep2 Snail

May 28, 2017
    Male
    Treps
    Bandit
    pro.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Krstn

Krstn Slime

Feb 9, 2022
    Female
    oatmetal
    Buccaneer
    Shawties
    u just got reported olive MapleF3_Origin

20. OP
    OP
    Krstn

Krstn Slime

Feb 9, 2022
    Female
    oatmetal
    Buccaneer
    Shawties
    Day #5 & 6: 2/13/2022 and 2/14/2022
    Hours Spent Playing: IDK don't ask me I don't even know why I'm keeping track of this

Before I get into the usual post, I would like to raise awareness about a suspicious guild referred to as "Staff", I see them around everywhere and they're always able to do some pretty "interesting" things without there being much information out there on them. So keep your eyes open in case you see one of these suspicious people belonging to this organization.

Day #5:
    I managed to do some more grinding at CDs and made some solid progress to leveling, however I soon ran out of baby witches and asked around my alliance if anyone would be able to give me some. Once in the FM I ran into our friendly neighborhood Oolong! I soon found myself lost in conversation with her about food and the results of the female event hair results of which we were both disappointed that the Star Candy hair did not win and therefore would be unobtainable for another while longer (I'm disappointed in y'all who voted but didn't vote for that option). We ended up taking for a while and before long I realized I had no more time to grind as my friend had brought over some pizza and wings for the superbowl, which I definitely watched (just kidding, ew). But what I lost in time spent grinding I made up for in time talking with Oolong and some other FM stragglers (*cough* Mater *cough*).

Overall it was a very good time chatting with some other mushrooms because the people in this community are what makes me continue to play.

2022-02-13 (9).png

Day #6:

Happy Valentine's Day to y'all mushrooms!
    OnionF6OnionLoveOnionBye

I managed to sneak some time in this morning before I had any plans. I leveled once at CDs and made a training buddy that shared a similar name to a famous rapper. Training there has given really good exp so far and when I'm in the mood to grind I intend to spend much of my time there. Other than that I decided to do some questing and experience a side of the game that I had mostly ignored. I started the Dyle questline from everyone's favorite NPC JM from tha Streetz. It was honestly kind of an interesting questline where you get to interact with a large number of people in Kerning City and where it is also filled with some... interesting dialogue. If you're ever questing try not to rush through the dialogue because it can sometimes be really interesting and thought-provoking and even funny at times, even better though at times it can be so ridiculous that it's down right clownish and unhinged and I absolutely love when that happens.

That's some uh... interesting dialogue options?

2022-02-14.png

I was also really excited to find that the 4-20 FM room was almost fully open so I was able to open my shop there! It's honestly surprising that it wouldn't be filled to the brim with people because of the great number combination that so many people are feverishly passionate about.

2022-02-14 (3).png

(That's definitely not my shop right next to me...)

• Like Like x 3