1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Criticism & Suggestion.

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by OutOfCure, Feb 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    6:23 AM
    iPippy
    There's also a bit of personal arbitrary experience in this statement too, ya know. Is the problem in the system banning and then overturning that ban, or is it the people who think that means anything? There have been numerous cases of actually unsavory players somehow salvaging their social reputations from FAR worse than a false positive ban. To claim that the blue line ruins a player's credibility in a server culture where the playerbase always assumes the GMs must have made a mistake in banning a player sounds like we're skipping a few steps in logic. The players who "choose not to associate" are either just not in the know that it was false flag (which an unban text would help alleviate) or aren't worth associating with themselves.

• Agree Agree x 11
  2. OP
    OP
    OutOfCure

OutOfCure Slime

Oct 30, 2020
    Male
    3:23 AM
    OutOfCure
    Bishop
    I can talk only from my experience as its the only thing I or anyone else can bring to the table (By that pointing out to the person I replied to that 1 person experience does not equal others) I always try to take a step back and look at the method we have here and see where we can change things to give all of us a better quality of life which is why I pointed out that his comment is very arbitrary while to the core conversation and topic I'm trying to push towards here is one that tries to cover more ground for multiple groups of players.

Let me just state that I have already mentioned that I'm 100% biased towards my friend who got banned (Both in the first message and in another one) I wanted to make sure to approach this in good faith and build the case and my thought process up, but regardless of my emotions to his ban status, looking at how things got managed made me realize that the system has very obvious flaws that put both parties to shame. I even had 2 other screenshots sent my way of players who got unbanned to just solidify my (at first) assumption.

When I spoke about the blueline, I spoke about the negative aspects it creates, even if there are some people who managed to uplift themselves (which is amazing in my eyes) others, might not, so instead of focusing on people who probably have more connections and more friends on the server, I would like to look at the ones that fall between the chairs, see how we can salvage some future situations & scenarios.
    Imo by tackling that blueline and this whole process we can also tackle the toxicity of our culture where people just assume GMs are wrong all the time, giving us more transparency to their process and putting accountability on both parties.

Edit: Let me just go over 1 more thing, I'm not here to judge people who want to be associated with others or don't according to their ban status, this is a social subject that can be corrected in another thread, I'm here to look at the system we currently have to prevent such things in the future by pointing our a credible source (aka a public ban/appeal thread)

3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:23 AM
    Moderator Post
    Just posting this here because it occurred in a public discord, so I think it's fine.
    upload_2022-2-19_0-3-38.png

At the end of the day, all you can do is trust our judgements. You have all the rights to not do that, but we do not wish to make life easier for RWTers.

I also think I want to slowly conclude this suggestion, because we do not have any plans to make ban appeals public, nor RWT investigations public. No official game has this, and it's only a thing in MapleStory servers due to a lack of trust between users and GM's, which is understandable. The best I can ask is to give us as much accurate info as possible when appealing and to be truthful with the questions we ask. However, at the end of the day, we got all info, logs, the people we know as fact did RWT, etc...

• Great Work x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  4. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    6:23 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Another concern is why is there suddenly so many people being banned? Instead of the random names we used to see, this time we are getting more actual player names out there. I leaning to believe that the rwt detection algo has changed to include include a boarder spectrum of trades that was previously unaccounted for. Could this mean that RWT now has a board definition than it was used to. It is no longer that simple as someone traded you 500m for nothing. I dare to say that trading/borrowing of equipments are now accounted as well.

Then are we going to see more players fall unsuspecting to the rwt ban hammer when they thought their trade used to be fine. They then being asked to explain about "suspicious" trades conducted, when nothing was wrong from the player's point of view with their available knowledge. Thus you will end up with no explanation to the so called evidences logged by the system but not presented to the players.

5. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    5:23 AM
    This wouldn't happen because there's no reason why someone would receive 500m/gear for nothing unless it was from a friend. Unlike with RWTing where the seller would not want to deal with the staff at all, if you were receiving 500m/borrowing/trading gear from a friend, it would be easy for both parties to explain what happened to the staff.

6. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Let me propose an absurd explanation: maybe more people started rwting

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    OutOfCure

OutOfCure Slime

Oct 30, 2020
    Male
    3:23 AM
    OutOfCure
    Bishop
    If you believe it's concluded may I ask to lock this thread? I feel like with this message I got the answer to the suggestion I pointed out. Thank you.

8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Was meant to do that with my reply, sorry.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.