1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

QoL item: 0xEXP coupon?

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by urchin, Apr 2, 2022.

Purchasable item to ensure no exp gain?

1. yay

63.2%
  2. nay

36.8%
  1. urchin

urchin Red Snail

Feb 19, 2022
    Male
    11:18 PM
    hedgepig
    Priest
    I'm a serial pqer that finds myself frequently suiciding to ensure i don't level for a particular pq. It would be nice to have an NX item or otherwise acquirable item that made it so you had a 0x multiplier and couldn't gain exp or level. Would be great for chars that are made only to pq.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  2. Skumbag

Skumbag Slime

May 1, 2021
    Male
    2:18 AM
    I’ve seen this type of item in other servers and I prefer ML without an item like this.

The biggest buyers of this item were leech sellers. This item allowed leech sellers to continuously give the best amount of exp to the person getting leeched without being inconvenienced at all.

I think that suiciding on your PQ mules is better for the server than the power creep that comes along with an item like this.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    urchin

urchin Red Snail

Feb 19, 2022
    Male
    hedgepig
    Priest
    I don't actually have any pq mules. I'm a relatively new player that's trying to collect PQ items and cards. For some pqs in particular it's hard to gauge the amount of exp you get and you wind up suiciding a bunch. Forgetting is fatal and really screws your character over permanently if you want the pq item, and 5 mil per card for me isn't really viable.

I didn't realize that leech sellers would wind up buying an item like this. But it's a pretty easy fix to only apply it to people before fourth job, and restrict beginner access to item if you REALLY wanted to make it pure QoL. Or, maybe a compromise would be an item that gives you zero PQ quest exp. That would accomplish most of what I desire without having impact outside of PQs. But I don't know how complicated dynamically changing quest rewards would be for backend dev.

Might be more effort than it's worth but if I have a complain about pqs besides lack of consistent player population it would be the pain of suiciding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    I think they meant the hypothetical "you" (as in, anyone who fits that category or can relate), not literally you.

I could see the value in this, but I'm not sure the overall utility, other than keeping my hypothetical KPQ mule at 30 so I can keep hoping for oa INT 10% scrolls. But I could just as easily kill myself a bunch of times to keep my exp low.

5. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Nerf beginner leech sellers

6. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    2:18 PM
    Beginner
    I honestly wouldn't mind for this if it was only purchasable via meso say a Daily ticket costing 500k-1mil or Weekly costing 3m-5m. Could also see this as a way for lvl 200s to purchase in order to divert their exp away and towards the party instead and help reduce the hassle of having to leave party. But again, I think keeping it solely for PQ and maybe bossing maps would be fine, not outside, cause of leeching scenarios.

Nice idea tho, keep it up!

7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:18 AM
    Moderator Post
    There are already a few threads about this up (dubbed Everstone) and I have given my thoughts on the item there, which haven't changed much. This feature will not be added to MapleLegends.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1