1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Making Heros Useful Again

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by datahush, May 9, 2022.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    5:44 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    We just have no good hero representation anymore. Imagine how shit bowmasters would look without Serperior.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    8:44 AM
    Trion
    Beginner
    This entire thread had a little bit of everything, I can't wait to see more of this saga unfold.

3. marioyobro

marioyobro Slime

Nov 9, 2019
    Male
    7:44 AM
    Hero, Assassin
    Beaters
    yall would still have the most sought after party buff in the game versus heroes who have rage o.o

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Marksmen have SE

5. TWW

TWW Pink Teddy

Dec 12, 2020
    Male
    Cleaveland
    TheWhiteWolf
    Hero
    Misfits
    WHO? MapleF12

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    9:44 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    It's not like BM isn't S tier class, and they have their own qualities, you don't need SI, and are better at HT, being good at PB and the best at HT (and not SI reliable) for me its good enough to balance the archers, HS30 is very good too, non-stationary bosses like Nameless and later Auf Haven can make BM shine, anyways, most people go for BM, even with more expensive gears seems like BM is very reliable in every meta, we have representation on BM because they're good AF, we don't have representation on heroes because they're bad, almost every endgame hero probably re-rolled.
    It's just almost impossible to 100% truly balance then, because they're almost the same, ranged attackers with SE, if you think being better at HT isn't enough, well, for me it is, atleast if i choose one archer, i'll go for BM for sure

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. marioyobro

marioyobro Slime

Nov 9, 2019
    Male
    Hero, Assassin
    Beaters
    marksmen rely on SI brother

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. marioyobro

marioyobro Slime

Nov 9, 2019
    Male
    Hero, Assassin
    Beaters
    Damn... new to the forums and come to find my dawg ovv is fighting to the DEATH that heroes are perfect and need not be touched... meanwhile every hero I know is re-rolling because the whole server memes us... the whole ML forum voted us the worst class in the game (we lost by a landslide)... a total of 2 heroes run pink bean on any of the many groups that run (and that's because our friends host LOL).... I can't even name an active hero that plays the class like ACTUALLY plays the class.... I myself, as a hero main, don't want a hero to run on any of the content I do on my NL, other than cwk (yes not even in my 6man HT's because if we're taking a cleave we may as well get some HB out of it)... Sadge. Truly sadge.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Reread my posts. Not once did I say heroes don't need to be rebalanced. I'm just saying current hero players just suck.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. TWW

TWW Pink Teddy

Dec 12, 2020
    Male
    Cleaveland
    TheWhiteWolf
    Hero
    Misfits
    You're just dick-riding your friends. Heroes don't require ANY skill to play. Shit, they don't even need good gear.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. marioyobro

marioyobro Slime

Nov 9, 2019
    Male
    Hero, Assassin
    Beaters
    we suck because we're not worth playing

edit: there are no good hero players because the class is dog shit and not worth investing in

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    1:44 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Chicken or the egg

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    2:44 PM
    Endorphins
    so if you dont have 10b worth of equipment like you, youre a bad player and your dmg should suck. meanwhile low funded ranged
    outdmging heros when they still have int.
    good to know!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    1:44 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Skillgapped

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Do tell me, specifically with numbers, what it would take to make heroes good. What kind of damage do you think heroes should be doing?

Lots of people lacking reading comprehension skills in this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  17. marioyobro

marioyobro Slime

Nov 9, 2019
    Male
    Hero, Assassin
    Beaters
    I don't know what would make heroes good. I don't have a solution to such a complex problem. But what I am sure of is that heroes are NOT okay how they are now, and I'm pretty sure almost anyone would agree. The fact that there hasn't been a fair and balanced solution proposed yet doesn't invalidate that there exists a problem.

edit: I hope you're not talking about me when you're saying people are lacking reading comprehension skills :)

18. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    So if hero mains themselves cannot figure out how to improve their own class and do not know what to even ask for, how do you really expect staff to figure that out?

Reading through all the complaints, the comparisons I see are only in relation to other class’s damage.
    If it’s damage that you want, is that not resolved by investing more into your character’s gear? If it’s more top end damage, how much more? If it’s inclusion, does that not come after you prove your class to be worthy or unworthy?

You said it yourself - you can’t name one hero that has geared their character with end-game equipment like all the other classes that are being represented with 20b+ in gear, so how can you draw any conclusions with zero demands in mind?

I’ll repeat myself again - I’m not saying heroes don’t need some type of rework. Feel free to quote whatever I said that makes you feel like I said that. We don’t even know what heroes are capable of doing because nobody has stepped up to fill in that role of top player since jdp left, and that was over a year ago. Without knowing that, how can you possibly make demands?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. marioyobro

marioyobro Slime

Nov 9, 2019
    Male
    Hero, Assassin
    Beaters
    a) YES I can expect staff to figure out how to fix heroes, even if I myself can't think of a solution, that's not my job, I work 50hrs a week and I'm in the gym 12 hrs a week. I play the game, it's not my job to fix it.

b) If one hero rises to use 50b in gear to get a 3.2m dpm20 on pb again, that won't change anything, the issue is not how geared any hero is the issue is the CLASS. Period. The answer to your question "isn't your damage issue resolved by investing more in your gear?" is NO. That does not fix anything. We DO know what heroes are capable of doing based on how they perform with average gear, by comparing them to how other classes perform with average gear. JDP leaving (which was less than a year ago not more than a year ago) has nothing to do with anything. One super-funded person representing the hero class will not change anything.

No one should have to prove their class is worthy, I don't know why you imagine that to be a solution. Try again please :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    So what do you think is the top-end HT DPM 45 by a fully funded Hero?
    What do you think should be the top-end HT DPM 45 by a fully funded Hero?
    What do you think is the top-end PB body DPM 20 by a fully funded Hero?
    What do you think should be the top-end PB body DPM 20 by a fully funded Hero?

These are simple questions, and you refusing to even approach these questions while complaining something needs to be changed does nothing.

To expand on a previous point:

So what do you think is the top-end HT DPM 45 by a fully funded Bowmaster?
    What do you think should be the top-end HT DPM 45 by a fully funded Bowmaster?
    What do you think is the top-end PB body DPM 20 by a fully funded Bowmaster?
    What do you think should be the top-end PB body DPM 20 by a fully funded Bowmaster?