1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

DPM Compilation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gurk, Mar 13, 2022.

1. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    9:09 AM
    iPippy
    Sounds like a bunch of wing hitter copium to me. Gotta keep the big dick archmage dpm down tho. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    2:09 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I know Jiaoceng isn't officially added in this thread but I hadn't ran it in a while and wanted to represent the IL gang a little bit by capturing my DPM.
    Doing a 5 min dpm felt somewhat fair considering it had a good portion of clones vs no clones (running with a shad and MM who mostly bstepped)
    Also worth noting that the actual DPM is a fair amount higher than shown since the poison dot from Ice Demon does not translate into DPM.
    Which does 32,767 damage per tick on each of the clones.

Jiaoceng:

Jiaoceng DPM 5 (Echo, MW20, SE, Meditation)

[​IMG]

During the fight I would Chain Lightning when the total amount of targets was 2 or less, whenever it was 3 or more I would use BigBang to maximize DPM output.
    Of course all while keeping the Ice Demon dot applied to the clones when they were up to maximize dpm from Ifrit and the dot.

• Like Like x 3
  3. TTKirnk

TTKirnk Stone Golem Retired Staff

Nov 26, 2017
    Male
    TTKirnk
    Buccaneer
    Carnival
    it seems this pokemon has been caught again and has another dpm to offer...but this time something a little more interesting (maybe?). its time for the pink bean dpm showcasing, with a statue and main body dpm!

main body dpm20 (mw30, si, se, echo, onyx apple, DONT LAUGH!)
    body dpm20 with range.png

since these dpms are quite different in approach, i will separate my notes to keep things a bit more organized and coherent/consistent.
    -pink bean isnt weak to anything, is neutral to holy, and is immune to threaten (wouldnt want it blocking dr anyway) so i used holy charge, my best neutral element, and did not cast threaten ever unless it was a mistake. i also chose to not use heaven's hammer for when mini beans spawned, since it would inflate my dpm a lil bit and wouldnt accomplish much.
    - main body was a bit different from normal, because we only had 1 buccaneer due to the other one dcing a bit earlier on. the bucc did a pretty good job for solo aggro though; only 1 death and i think it happened after the dpm test ended. anyway, because we only had 1 bucc for control, pink bean was a wee bit rowdier than usual.
    - to add to it, the way the squad i run with on my pally handles aggro is funnily enough not very...melee friendly? unless you're a bucc. this is because they let the bean run around on his own a lot more as well as barrage him around way more, so he is always moving around. in other words, if the buccs are barrage dancing with the bean when out of st, then so are other melees (aka just me and another pally) to make sure he doesnt walk on top of us or that he doesnt escape our grasp. swapping sides does hurt dpm a lil bit, but regardless of strategy swapping will need to be done, so it cant be helped.
    -i havent done a pb dpm test in months, and i only started running on my pally again like 2 or so weeks ago, so i definitely think i can improve how/when i need to move with the bean and the like, but compared to other dpm tests i have done but never posted, this is definitely on the lower end, which isnt shocking because those other dpms had the bean be far more tame and not move around as much. pallys are prolly the best off for non bucc melee in this scenario, due to blast's horizontal range being deceptively long.
    -to avoid things like the seduce music notes or big bang, i would try to take touch damage to avoid them or if it felt more convenient just duck to avoid, since pink bean is generally around the small platform on the right side, so you can also stand under it. as for his genesis stun, unless you're already right next to him or already swapped sides you're gonna get hit by it so good luck!

there isnt much to say during main body to be honest...its largely just a walking target dummy that occasionally is kinda annoying and cringe. its just about knowing how to deal with the annoyances and cringe to maximize dpm and in a melee's case here, being efficient and attacking and moving.

statue dpm30 (mw30, si, se, echo, onyx apple) same range as above
    statue dpm 30.png

now its time to explain statues, which is full of far less copium! (maybe...)
    - due to the unforeseen dc and something else, our statues phase was a bit longer than usual, so i could have gotten away with a dpm35 easily and maybe even a dpm40. we were still on stage 5 ariel and left bird by the time my dpm30 ended, but i think this suffices well enough for now. also, my party never had a bishop in it so we never got holy shield.
    -threaten was not used during the run at all either, due to it being able to block left bird's dr, but also in order to apply it to any of the statues, you have to be in the very middle of the map. at best, you can use it while walking to right side or something to threaten any statues up, but its not worth running to the middle to keep it refreshed and what not. only worthwhile if its convenient aka if you're moving to the right side.
    - the two main elements i use are holy and fire, depending on the statue. i use holy charge for left and right man since they have no weaknesses and are neutral to holy. i also use holy charge for left bird since its only weak to ice but neutral to holy, which in the end makes holy slightly stronger than ice. i use fire charge for ariel and for right bird, because right bird is weak to fire and ariel is fully immune to holy, aka i will do 1 damage per line with holy charge on. ariel is also strong against every other element too (maybe not poison, but i dont have that element so it doesnt matter), so while fire is my best element in this case it is...not great damage. it is better to hit ariel than do nothing for dpm, but man it sure feels bad to hit her when because left bird dr'd or died before ariel.
    - when attacking left man, i would generally jump into him or mount up and take touch damage from him in order to avoid his pole smash that super knockbacks, 1/1's, and stuns, because man i HATE stuns, but i wasnt always successful. i would also do this to avoid ariel's stun rocks in stage 5 while we were hitting left man. i ate quite a few of left man's stun smashes during stages 3 and 4 since priority was placed on taking down left bird, and there isnt really a convenient way to get i-frames from something else consistently while still being able to hit left bird. at that point gotta pray for your EPIC warrior avoid to kick in or have left bird attack right before the stun smash.
    - when left man was defeated for stage 5, i would just try to avoid the rocks by moving around. i generally stay on the small, middle platform on the left side so i can get to ariel quicker whenever left bird would dr. usually the whole platform doesnt get covered by rocks, but if it does you can always fall off the platform and touch the bird before hand (still a dpm save vs eating that stun). for ariel, i would just be sure to swap elements and dance around the rocks as needed, and then jump back down to the middle platform whenever bird wasnt in dr.
    -right man and right bird are pretty much just target dummies. you can try to take touch damage from right man to avoid his smash attack, which 1/1's, super knockbacks, and zombifies, but i was pretty indifferent about the extra pot usage so i just kept hitting him and hoping stance would do the trick, which in this case i never got kb'd by it. since i offer no party buffs i only rebuffed when needed, either due to timer or to an actual dispel. right bird i just blasted him until he went down. there werent enough banishes or dcs to where i would have gotten seduced, so i was just a blast bot.

i doubt anyone will read all of this but O WELL, i dont recall my statue dpms from the past (also not posted) but considering i dont have a perfect weapon and im only a 192 pally, id say this dpm isnt too bad for statues. its pretty debatable whether or not focusing left man instead to avoid his stuns vs left bird would be better dpm, since doing nothing during dr also hurts dpm, but i value a better timer and more efficient clear over my damage anyway, so until i figure something else out im gonna keep eating those pole smashes during stages 3 and 4. overall, these werent bad dpms overall, and will be good starting points for me if anything.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    6:09 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    TTKirnkTTKirnk As a paladin, you can position yourself right next to the left bird (as close as you can be without taking touch), and when a stun attack happens, you walk forward to take touch damage.

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. TTKirnk

Nov 26, 2017
    Male
    TTKirnk
    Buccaneer
    Carnival
    hmm i did try that a lil bit, but i must have got too impatient and didnt try to be precise enough for the pixels. does that work on the smaller, middle platform? im assuming no based on where its placed (not that it matters too much since i rarely need left bird to avoid ariel's rocks)

6. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    upload_2022-8-8_9-2-22.png

You want to be standing as close as possible to the edge of this platform without taking touch.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. TTKirnk

Nov 26, 2017
    Male
    TTKirnk
    Buccaneer
    Carnival
    yeah ok thats what i thought. i can see why i missed it with the bird's hitbox vs his model. ty for the information good sir; i shall use that for my next run and hopefully i dont deal with as many stuns during stages 3 and 4.

8. imTinii

imTinii Slime

Jan 30, 2021
    Female
    imTinii
    Buccaneer
    none
    is this where we post now? echo, mw30, se, cider/ht buff+1 cider
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Only if you show us your massive range.

10. imTinii

imTinii Slime

Jan 30, 2021
    Female
    imTinii
    Buccaneer
    none
    monkas [​IMG] this would be still with ht buff + echo + mw30. on echo+mw30+cider its 12390 or something

• Great Work Great Work x 4
  11. imTinii

imTinii Slime

Jan 30, 2021
    Female
    imTinii
    Buccaneer
    none
    tend to forget to test statue dpm because my host brain is a bit distracted, but this is apple dpm20 after first dr. havent been testing so much on bikini since i started hosting but got a decent test in today i think. my last run on imTinii with my downgraded knuckle was 4.0
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 6
  12. OP
    OP
    Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    can you also include range on either cider or apple for reference so I can compile it? ty :yay:

13. OP
    OP
    Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Toad Body 1 DPM 12 (Echo, MW20, SE, SI, Cider):
    toad_b1.PNG

Toad Body 2 DPM 12 (Echo, MW20, SE, SI, Cider):
    toad_b2.PNG

The defense bug fix actually hit kind of hard, or at least for the ranged attackers in my party. With a 2200-2300 def increase, I seemed to be doing almost 5% less dpm whereas the ranged attackers were doing about 10% less. Run ended up being slightly over 5 minutes longer than usual (50 min vs. 45 min).

14. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    10:09 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    LF to TTKirnkTTKirnk to test trheaten

15. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Dunas:
    Dunas DPM 10 (Echo, MW30, SE, Meditation, Dispelling)
    [​IMG]

Quite a sizeable improvement for myself!
    Utilizing teleport and small movements to dodge any incoming attacks, only got hit once during the DPM10 by the slow attack as I didn't hear in time that it wasn't dispel. Basically free of any pot cost so no need to visit Miki and pay huge amounts of meso :^)
    Think there's little room for improvement at this point other then running a perfect 10 min where I don't get hit and teleport at the exact moments in between attacks to have as little downtime as possible.

6m DPM next target
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  16. FCOArlo

FCOArlo Master Chronos

Apr 25, 2020
    USA
    Wyman | Salladhor
    Dark Knight
    Katsu
    Core Blaze DPM10
    SE SI Echo MW20 Rage
    upload_2022-8-19_1-15-29.png

• Like Like x 1
  17. FCOArlo

FCOArlo Master Chronos

Apr 25, 2020
    USA
    Wyman | Salladhor
    Dark Knight
    Katsu
    Dpm5 from Royal guard on the next run. Didn't run one the earlier one, since I thought it was DPM10 and that's not long enough.
    DPM5 SE SI Echo MW20 Rage
    upload_2022-8-19_2-16-54.png

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Core Blaze:
    Core Blaze DPM 10 (Echo, MW30, SE, Meditation,)

[​IMG]

Used almost no Blizzards this run other then sometimes clearing a maverick if it seemed necessary so damage isn't really inflated by hitting a shitton of mobs.
    Even whited the run to show I carried my weight on single target dpm :)
    Core Blaze feels really nice to run as IL and you can definitely be useful enough during Royal Guard as well which is less about DPM if anyway.
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 8
  19. OP
    OP
    Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Core Blaze DPM 12 (Echo, MW20, SE, SI, Cider):
    dpm12.PNG

Nothing really much to say... It's krex 2.0.

Royal Guard DPM 5 (Echo, MW20, SE, SI, Cider):
    dpm5.PNG

Not a very good fight for a bucc (other than as a rush mule), but it was made worse by me forgetting that accuracy was a thing and not popping a basket so I was missing quite a bit with only 166/186 accuracy... I also should have done a dpm6 instead of a dpm5 as a bucc so dpm is slightly inflated. Will have to redo at another time.

• Like Like x 1
  20. TTKirnk

Nov 26, 2017
    Male
    TTKirnk
    Buccaneer
    Carnival
    ah yes its time for everyone's favorite "dear diary..." player to come back with another dpm...for NEW CONTET AUF HAVEN!!1!!! this includes separate dpms for 1st/3rd wave clones (only 1 is included cause they're essentially the same), 2nd wave clone, main body, and then an overall arching dpm for the whole fight starting when the actual main body is summoned. with that said...

dpm40 (si, mw30, cider, echo, whenever they werent dispelled)
    auf haven dpm40 whole fight.png

dpm3 for 3rd clone wave, same stats and buffs as above
    auf haven clone 3rd wave dpm3.png

dpm3 for 2nd clone wave, same stats and buffs as above
    auf haven clone 2nd wave dpm3.png

dpm5 for main body only (started after 3rd wave of clones went down), same stats and buffs as above
    auf haven main body dpm5.png

its your favorite part...dear diary...
    - theres a lot i could say in attempting to explain the fight as a whole, but im not really gonna do that and just specify notes specifically for pally, so you gotta find a guide elsewhere for that.
    - for main body, theres 2 options to choose from: sit on top of her and utilize a great meso sink (burning potions) or deal with her dispel attacks and etc. i personally choose to sit on top of her to avoid dispels. theres not much else to say but be weary of seds and drs and watch your health accordingly.
    - as for clones, the squad i usually run with puts them in the very right corner, and i just sit in the mosh pit spamming acb and heal to full when i think a seduce is going off. its important you keep note because if you're not close to being 30k, you could die without a bishop heal or will. we usually have 2 buccs so the bucc is generally on clone position duty, but if they get rowdy you can always rush when needed, but its not very reliable along with magnet.
    - main body and the stupid spawn at the beginning are both lightning weak, with all 7 clones being holy weak. all clones and main body can be threatened, but i only find 2nd wave clone and main body worthwhile, to which id be careful with threaten since it can block the DR symbol. the 1st and 3rd waves of clones have to be threatened from below them essentially, which doesnt make it worth while if you ask me to threaten unless its convenient somehow.
    -if you do decide to sit on top of her like me, theres a platform kinda in the middle that you can stand on where you can hit her when she rises for her genesis attack if you jump up and move with her, and you can follow her with blasts as she does her charge attack, much like targa.

other than that, i dont have much else to say for paladins specifically at this point...perhaps more tech will be discovered later???? prolly not much if any...but hopefully these numbers help give out some kind of idea on auf haven damage and etc.

• Great Work Great Work x 10