1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Anniversary/Summer Event 2022 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    9:56 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I deleted and remade chars more times than you and group of friends have made chars in this game.
    From 1 to 100ish.
    Most with no funds at all, or funds made from gacha / gacha bought in CS (yeah long time ago).

I've held, at the peak of my era at max 450m on my Shad, and yet I had to spend it all onto a GDK I am not even using lol.

I play chars, delete them, redo and repeat in continuous cycles, the only funds I pass from one to another is the NX I farm.
    I've lived on most classes from 35 to 90 with Grilled Cheese and Gingens Root.
    Heck some times I just went Grilled Cheese and Barbarian Elixir (my non-mages).

Fun is made from experiencing and collecting info regarding new changes and balances.
    I don't think you and your group would be able of playing a game like EVE Online or WoW with this kind of attitude, when they generally just wipe and smear shit all over the "newbies" with balance changes.

A big punch was thrown at multi-maging cucks that just hoard maps, now with the usage of Mana Bulls they'll most likely net a slim to maybe no profit farming scroll maps.

+ No real safe spot to sit for these mage turds

Most likely the gains will still be held at leeching service maps.
    (I'm expecting less multimagers at ToT and viks)

Go farm Power Elixirs, so easy and chill.
    I legit farmed stacks over stacks grinding my White Knight from lvl 85 to Paladin lvl 130 lulw.

Theres other potions like Cherry Pie, Sorcerer Elixir, Ginseng Root, Ginger Ale and other ones in Malaysia.

Factually incorrect and not proven.
    Meso-wise leeching is the worst meso sink you can do between those levels, where there are multiple interesting mob maps to farm for scrolls, equips and generally selling etc.

Look at Deep Ludi with the changes given, Himes, Gallos, Viks, Leafre mobs and such.
    Most >90 mobs are good farming, just gotta research and find the good maps to grind, don't just follow the meta given from people that abused the maps for months before passing the secrets
    [​IMG]

XP + Meso grind >> Leech
    Oh well, there is the commodity of not playing the game... then why play the game if you're just going to leech from 75 to 130 lmfao.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    10:56 PM
    Megic
    Beginner
    You clearly cant read, you just have alot of extra time and all you do is staying at home playing maplestory, for the average person and not the nolifer its not fun to play this game when you cant progress as a new player and normal human being with normal free time.

you are just a rude person who cant accept other perspectives beacuse you are one of the richest players on the server and its not good for you that the meso-sink actually will sink from the people that have mesos and made the inflation.

• Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Ah yes, the classic "oh you're better than me so you must be a no-life"-argument. Demonstrated with such vigor, great work.

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    My main take on this is... if you're a new player at the game, how are you supposed to have those stars anyway?
    Like sure, having one set of steely from gacha or a set of ilbi.
    But I'd imagine most of the <50 lvl thiefs, newcomers especially to own subis, hwangs, tobies and such.

Its like buying a Ferrari yet not having the money to drive it.
    Think its better to buy the cheap car and drive with it, at least you're moving onwards.

Don't worry, as a new player you can still play the game quite easily, even below lvl 100 by grinding with other potions.
    Heck back in the days you didn't have NLC pots and lived with Cheese, Sunset Dews and such... There is always a way to play the game, of course it won't be the most sweaty min-max efficient way but so what?

The game is supposed to be played for fun, not to sweat out every single number you make.
    (Even tho I'm a number fanatic xD)

~~

I wish this was true, I played this game during both a bachelor and masters degree, now at work maybe couple hours per week.

The most sweat I put into the game was during 2 summers I had free from my bachelor, playing like every day 5-6 hours.
    (Where I was able to make my I/L, F/P, deleted I/L, deleted Shad, deleted NL, deleted Hero and Paladin I have rn).

I don't really have money even though I played this "much".

In terms of net worth ingame, you could categorize me as a newcomer with some money nowadays lol.

AinzAinz can confirm I'm a degen poor-tard in this game

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    Megic
    Beginner
    Well if he have 100 different chars on a x2 server, he clearly have more free time than the average person, alot more.
    i dont care about his progress, just a bit nosense to compare himself that all he does is playing maplestory from morning to night to a normal average player who comes to waste his free time and enjoy it..
    just read better and you wont get offended, you dont need to be sensitive about facts.. it is what it is.

Btw my goal in this server was never to get the best gear or reach the highest level, i dont care about others progress as well, play how much as you want, it was just a silly comparison between him and the normal/new players who comes to have fun, he doesnt represent the majority of the players in terms of playtime or anything else, he is not objective also since he made the idea of doing the meso-sink in this method, he wont take out the mesos from his pocket right? ofc he looks for the best method for him.. he started comparing his progress to how good he is but thats just a farming game, thats clear he has more time than the average person..

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    1:56 PM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I used to give steelys/ilbis to people at KPQ asking if I could join their party as a level 95 Hermit, new players don't have to buy or obtain everything that they obtained themselves, people are nice enough to give out free things.

He actually has a lot of characters not because he actively plays them all, he buys leech and goes afk lives life and comes back to it, like most of us do too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Winnie

Winnie Timer

Feb 22, 2020
    4:56 AM
    Bishop
    -
    There's alot of ways new player can obtain meso , bunch of Guide and Journals you can learn from . Low level & easy quest that gives scroll worth afew millions.... Gacha... Event Raffle... and even Monster that is worth farming

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    You're basically saying that, as a newcomer, these changes are trash and that you and your friends won't be able to play.

I'm stating the fact that, even with those changes, nothing actually changes for a normal player, cause he's not min-maxxing the whole game.

As stated here :
    and :
    I can reply you with the fact that you're not reading and calculating the numbers.
    Plus most likely you're not looting all the meso, equips and ETC dropped.
    Cause I can see that, to refill a MP bar for you it might cost like 10-15k meso (I suppose you're lvl 90ish so your mage has like 13k mp)

~~
    I've written two journals and a ton of bullcrap about meso making as well, as a "new player" or as an "old player" putting no funds on their new chars, there is ways to make money.
    Same thing other journal makers have done.

I don't even have the meso to buy leech [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. OmbReanrd

OmbReanrd Master Chronos

Nov 11, 2020
    Québec
    4:56 PM
    Fara
    Paladin
    I like the changes.
    Brings back the adventure feel to hunt for scrolls and seek for pots fit for your need at your current progression like the malaysia foods. Elixirs feels worth selling giving nices mesos to lower lvl players too.
    The 3k cost for sushies also feel less crazy with the new cost of meta pots

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    Megic
    Beginner
    why would i farm for gacha before 4th job? do i need to waste my time farming mesos for pots on early game instead of leveling up? well if you want this server to keep away new players keep doing what you do you are doing it perfect, already heard before this update that the majority of new players retire after 3rd job, thats even gonna be worse now, im not losing too much progress leaving im just saying the point of view of new players.. gachas are rng, why this game should be rng for pots?

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Chelmsford

Chelmsford Red Snail

Jun 24, 2022
    Male
    8:56 PM
    Chelmsford
    Community
    In my experience personally, I was gifted 2 sets of steelies and an ilbi when I first started by friendly players. If I had to recharge these at the cost of tens of thousands each, while I was reliving my childhood killing crocodiles, that would've been very difficult to do. As higher level players don't use steelies or tobis anyway, I don't really see the point of increasing the recharge a lot, aside from it being punishing to new players. Ilbis, BFs and MTKs are a different story and I do understand the concern there. I just want to make sure that new players aren't turned off from the game within their first few days of playing by high prices, especially if they (like me) don't have the game knowledge about where to grind and simply kill mobs they used to know in EMS/GMS without a lot of good drops. Sure, it is possible, especially if you know what you're doing, but I remember the struggle I faced 2 months ago where I was barely able to afford potions that would last me longer than 15 minutes.

Yes, you're totally right. Here I was referring to the mid-game (say about 80-120). During this time I, as most of my peers, really didn't have large amounts of mesos and primarily grinded solo or did PQing. As a mage especially though, I feel using mana bulls or ginsengs/those 75% potions are the only real viable options. Mana elixirs certainly don't cut it. Again, it is possible to do without, but it does make it much harder for lower level players in this level-segment that cannot buy leech or have loads of mesos. Even as a 123 bishop I now feel like I should be selling leech when training to cover the cost of potions. I have about 15k MP and absolutely need % based potions to have a normal grinding experience.

Anyway, it's all not game breaking, but it isn't exactly new player friendly either. As a new player, who now enjoys this game an absolute TON but who did almost quit several times in his first few days/weeks due to the difficulty of getting into the game. I hope ML can attract more people like me and I feel this makes the barriers larger, when we should be making the game more appealing to new players in my opinion!

(hope I did the quoting correctly and this doesn't look like an absolute mess).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. imTinii

imTinii Slime

Jan 30, 2021
    Female
    imTinii
    Buccaneer
    none
    With all these extra banishes I really hope banish dc have been looked into prayge

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I laugh at this, cause I can live stream an entire lvl 10 to 120 without using any NLC pot or Coke pill and be fine.
    There is more than just NLC pots in this game ya know.

(that are still cheaper)

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    Megic
    Beginner
    it is possible, but the progress is not fun and you cant efford gear and you dont feel any progress when you lose everything after farming, whats so hard to understand? anyways ill not play this server anymore because i dont support this method to "feed the rich", this method is clearly feeding you and your friends and new players will be slaves until they'll be able to to farm on their own on 4th job..
    also if new player wants to open mules it will be alot more expensive than you did back in the days.. thats just not balanced anymore.. this server belongs to the veterans.. i dont feel any point to play anymore in this server i lost any motivation to progress, feels like nosense.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  15. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Did you take economics in high school?

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I play an Islander.

I now am back to playing the game on an Ossyria-locked challenge.

I played a Sleepywood-locked challenge.

I legit see no reason to call me a rich person.
    Cause I have never truly even done mid-game, aka LVL 150+ bossing lmfao.
    Best I did was some CWKPQ and JC and Zaks.
    (Man still gotta do Krex request [​IMG] )

I am as poor as a new player.
    Yet I've been here for over 5 years and don't care, I'm having fun in other ways.

Min-maxing is not fun and will lead to your way of thinking.

edit:

This is the best char I got
    [​IMG]
    The gear I have on it account to maybe 700m back in 2021... and I have 50m in storage.

Oh... I am doing a locked challenge, so I can't even use any of these funds lmfao.
    Whats the issue with playing the game and not sweating?

• Like Like x 3
  17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    LF> Maple personal finance thread for newbies

Y'all acting like you're living paycheck to paycheck in this game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    8:56 PM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    bloody hell.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    Megic
    Beginner
    you keep saying its possible and the debate is not about it, i know its possible.. but meso-sink in this method wont sink any mesos from the rich players and where the money located.. just makes new player's life harder and more hardcore than it is now.. thats it.. you enjoy it but most of the people i know dont, thats it.. enjoy your game i do not own the server and its the admin's decision if they want their community to grow from new players or keep the same player base for years.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. isamelon

isamelon Mushmom

Jan 15, 2019
    Female
    4:56 PM
    Isamelon
    Corsair
    DerpFam

for the sake of your own argument, probably better to not call him out or reply to him... your opinion started out as a 'o srry you feel that way' and now its just degressing to a salty person who wants the server catered to newbies... Dont get me wrong, there are plenty of sweaty ppl in the server who fit your description, but the tomato really isnt as you seem to describe him

as you are a new player (one of your posts you said a month or so of playing i think), i find it hard to believe your opinion is representative of the 'average' or 'normal'... i guess an argument could be made for 'average new player who joined a month ago' but then that leads to 'why is the balance team balancing around ppl who have been here for such a short amount of time'.... Your concerns are fair, but many of us who have been here for years instead of months have seen this economy (or even the server as a whole) go up and down and the new ppl who stick around always find ways to lvl up and play the game in their own way~

im gonna regret replying to this thread as soon as i post this

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1