1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Anniversary/Summer Event 2022 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    1:08 AM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    My man just created a forum account today to vent his frustration at staff's balancing decision, but all of us who have been here long enough know that nothing will get changed, and players like him come and go every balance patch.

Server still survives, those who play find new methods to adapt.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    6:08 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    IMG_20220813_154349.jpg
    Thanks to Geo for summing up the comments under ever balance thread ever

• Great Work Great Work x 6
  3. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I can see this happening.

No cap I legit was never under 1m after lvl 70.

I farm mannies, I have zero pots, make money, go refill, I'm back at 2.2m
    Repeat 2.4m
    Repeat 2.6m
    Continue to lvl 90 I have 10m.

Same with gallos, viks, himes, WRs, WS, most malay mobs, deep ludi and leafre.

Legit after lvl 80 you make money by just having mobs drop 5+ eqs per hour.

Actually meme.

I'm playing my Ossyria locked Hunter right now, I already have 1m from eqs and drops.
    And this char can't access storage, trade with non-ossyrian locked chars.

... And I'm lvl 36

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Well yeah but do u understand how expensive this would be if you had been using mana bulls all this time!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    7:08 PM
    Megic
    Beginner
    MapleStory players tend to think that if you decide to touch this game you have to play an average 10 hrs a day in order to progress, the fact most of the players are above 20 this method makes the progress even slower for new players that the farming you do doesnt even pays off on the 3rd job part, the fun part about this game is to feel the progress and to improve your char, so if someone justify this method he probably playing this server for years and have enough ways to progress the same speed he did in the past. (as i said, if the pots goes up, the services and prices for the things they sell goes up as well and the profit will be the same).
    as a 3rd job player you have no services to offer, and you are training at the same spots you did before the update.. do you earn anything more? it was already hardcore before that.
    thats it.. as a i said, im new to the server, it wont hurt me personally if i decide to stop playing today, just opening the eyes for the gm's, admin's that this method might put away alot of new players
    coming to the server and the player base that already plays for years wont be effected. the meso-sink will work but it will taken from the wrong side it needs to be taken.

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    2:08 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Puting here my experience of who begin here 1 year go with nothing, and my first char was my pally, i never leeched and i never Farm with mage.

The begin was a bit hard cause lacks accuracy, at lv 50 with zakum helm it went fine..

U can got tons of money with quests check SwordArtSwordArt money guide, theres a quest money guide inside , and some gacha (no talking about farm gacha, but u get it killings mob eventualy)

the only pq i did was ellin pq, and pqs is a meso burning comparing to farm, the only part of game i lose more mesos than gain (if i calculate with new mesos pot i keep with more gained mesos than wasted) was epq time, when i reached fog and gs2 at 56 i got much more money farming..
    even on lv 6x ish when i moved to kid mannequins using basket the mesos turn back was higher than wasted.

Remmembering that:
    was my first char
    never leeched, never mage Farm
    and i only reached 30k hp now on lv 18x

its not so hard as people say

• Great Work Great Work x 4
  7. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    Megic
    Beginner
    I did wrote, from past experience with this method, its not gonna work because i already played in a server that implemented the same exact method and this server had x2 higher drop rate than here this server ended up dying because most of the players ran away specific because of this meso-sink method..
    no matter what ill say people here are gonna keep ignoring the important part and points i write.. anyways im not threatning im just saying what are my options after this update.. better play in a server i enjoy than a server i dont right?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Not real, look at me.
    I'm still low lvl and been here 5+ years.

The only way I can see this happening is if you go train at Snails at lvl 90, ngl.
    I legit always, in whatever situation, had a profit while training 70 to 120, whatever the class, whatever the pots I used (not NLC ones).

You're just throwing garbage at the wall at this point, cause you don't understand how to farm mesos... if you're already loosing mesos at lvl 70-120 as a 3rd job.

I don't want to see what catastrophic things you'd say at 4th job with a mage + elem boost when 2 casts = depleted MP

• Like Like x 1
  9. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    Megic
    Beginner
    did you read that there's no point to play this game if hours and hours of farming doesnt really gets me anywhere rather than buying my next pots set? it is possible to go farm mesos but i dont see any point as an early game player farming for mesos for gear and farm to level up at a seperate places and x2 time and effort and put so much attention to how much i waste on pots., just makes the progress even slower than it is now and i cant really see how i enjoy it.

as i said before all the meme kids jumping, ALREADY PLAYED IN A SERVER IMPLEMENTED THE SAME METHOD FROM PAST EXPERIENCE AND IT WAS HORRIBLE AND KILLED THE SERVER.
    thats why i know i wont keep playing this server for the reasons above, tested it, didnt like it and most of the players wont like it based on my experience, they only ones who wont care is the players who are already based on the server..

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Winnie

Winnie Timer

Feb 22, 2020
    1:08 AM
    Bishop
    -
    I'll just cut it short , I don't think this server suits you . You're probably the kind of person that will enjoy those 10x server... heck maybe 100x / 1000x server. Do you even read what you write...
    You want progression without putting in effort... you want to be spoon fed.... just stop and go
    upload_2022-8-13_23-6-30.png

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I legit don't understand in which kind of server you're actually playing right now.

Cause in Legends, whatever the mob range lvl 70 to 120 you're on a gains strike.

Take this as an experiment :

You start at 0 meso with 500 pots.
    Go to a lvl 70 mob and grind.
    When you have 0 pots, go sell all the ETC, Equips and useless Use they drop.
    You'll have money + money to pay the 500 pots.

Repeat this cycle couple dozen times.
    Tadaah, you have 5-10m meso and those 500 pots.

I legit have never heard of a player going to Gallos, Himes, Viks, Mannequins, CDs, Speakers, Vikings, GDP, Leafre, Centaurus and loosing money at 3rd job.

With 3rd job your meso only goes up while grinding.

Most likely you're doing something wrong.
    And that thing you're doing wrong is trigger-clicking your pots too many times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    Megic
    Beginner
    I doubt when you started you were going to farm gacha to buy pots, i started playing this server because the rates are seemed good, the custom things added this patch just ruined the experience.. whats your level? 200? yea you should care about pots and you are extreme hardcore player, well i understand now why every new player gets away from this server.. the community is toxic and the support for new players is the worst ive seen.. you are acting like im asking for free pots..
    just talking from my own experience in this meso-sink that this is not the right solution, i dont know why people with no experience here talks like they know what will happen when a guy who already experienced it in a x2 higher drop rate know where this meso-sink gonna go.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    Megic
    Beginner
    you cant do something wrong when you get 1.5-2k damage from a monster, you trigger a pot every hit no matter which options you use. (mage class)
    1-2 hits to trigger depends on the pot you're using..

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I think you're missing something called

Magic Guard

A simple 1st job skill for mages.
    [​IMG]

15. isamelon

isamelon Mushmom

Jan 15, 2019
    Female
    1:08 PM
    Isamelon
    Corsair
    DerpFam
    Being 200 makes you a extreme hardcore player :kek:

Sorry your other server died? I'm not sure why you throw so much garbo at players who have just been around in THIS server and know the community much better than you....

Edit:like feel free to complain about your own problems, but no need to bad mouth everyone and anyone who says something that doesn't line up with your *limited* experience.... Maple is easy because no matter what you do, you progress.... Yes being rich helps you progress faster, but that's about it... It's just faster

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Megic

Megic Orange Mushroom

Aug 13, 2022
    Male
    Megic
    Beginner
    well ill end the debate here, your sarcasm is pathetic.. go with mage to vikerola at lvl 80 solo and record your income with 500 40% pots, youll see that you are wrong by yourself. (btw you need to add white pots when using 40% pots because you dont want the hp to trigger 40% pots)..

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  17. Buch

Buch Brown Teddy

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Buch
    Cleric
    Where is it going?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. benQ