1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Forum suggestion] Allow owner of thread to change title in Journeys and Art section

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ferluci, Aug 23, 2022.

Dami?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2022.
  1. Ferluci

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Dami

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    5:21 PM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Hello,

I'd like to make a small forum suggestion. In the past it was allowed by the owner of a thread to change the title. This was then removed, if I remember correctly because this feature was abused. Personally I don't have any examples of said abuse or experienced this myself.

It'd be nice if it could be enabled again for the journey's and art sections of the forum. In the art section it can be used to specify if the shop is open or not for new commissions.
    In the Journeys section it can be used to update the title based on events that happened in a new entry of the journey. I personally used this on a daily basis when I was still in staff and able to change title threads GM abuse pls demote.

I bug available staff now for a title request which is a bit silly imo although they gladly changed my title so far which I say thank u.

Thank u for reading.
    Dami.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    I, too, have had to request staff to change my titles and I think the lack of power thread starters have is fairly odd and inconvenient.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    8:21 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I recall that there was a certain ZOFRAN who would ask questions on the forum and then delete the title or replace it with a period. Maybe this is why it was changed?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    That sounds reasonable, but (if I'm allowed to do some backseat moderating, which I'm not) I would consider it more desirable to punish those who abuse a system than removing the system entirely. At least when it occurs in small numbers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Ferluci

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
  6. OP
    OP
    Ferluci

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    This is very important i don’t want to stalk my personal supervisors to change mah titles

i got a new thread in offtopic now that needs many title changes

Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    You're free to DM me whenever you need a title change :)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    11:21 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    [​IMG]