1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Multimage Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by akashsky, Sep 30, 2022.

Is multimaging bad?

1. yes

98 vote(s)
    55.7%
  2. no

32 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. neutral (not good or bad)

46 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    5:30 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    I should have phrased it like this: if bossing is not profitable right now, then it would be better to increase bossing profits rather than decrease bossing costs.

2. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    7:30 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    bossing will always be less profitable, no matter what staff does. at least how i see it, event & balancing decisions are based on progression of individual staff members and their immediate friends but forget how their changes accidentally just made the top 1% even richer.

a flat price for nlc pots is a regressive tax. it's shocking how ml players somehow always vote against their best interests.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum

You make a valid point. Things change, players must adapt, but this point of view is, I believe, coming from a sense of complacency, knowing that you are well off in the game and these changes don’t affect you as much just as it doesn’t affect me. I’m sure the first Horntail run on this server did not wait until everyone was 170+ to run let alone it being a 6 man. Things were different back then as it is now due to the demand of the books and the trade off of spending more potions of apples for the profits.

The goal is to make it balanced for all players to experience old school maplestory regardless when they joined.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Miney

Miney Slime

Jun 2, 2021
    11:30 AM
    Miney
    Corsair
    I just want to be able to earn mesos at a reasonably similar rate with non-mages compared to any mage setups like leech or multimage.

Selling leech is extrodinarily boring and taxing, something I sell rarely when my funds are low. It’s a chore. I believe multimaging would be as mentally stimulating as leeching.

I took a break from current Maple due to required long solo grinding sessions in order to progress. If it is the case that multimaging or selling leech (basically solo grinding sessions) is required to progress to endgame at a reasonable pace, I probably wouldn’t want to continue playing.

I like playing in an oldschool server because I like the social interaction. Multimaging nor leech doesn’t really provide that social aspect I enjoy, but feels rather required at times to progress. I want to have fun, but not the chores in between.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Daydreamer

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I'm against NLC pots because they fck up potion price balance, not because it is or isn't in my interests as a player. IMO non-KMS content (including NLC, Amoria, Thailand, Shaolin, etc) should NEVER overshadow content from KMS/content present in all regions.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    No nlc works only if you wipe. Just gotta live with miki since taking it away makes upward mobility even harder

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Is upward mobility ever really an issue? Has there ever been a situation where one couldn’t take advantage simply by playing efficiently for more hours?

I feel like the main edge multimaging has over bossing is that you can simply farm many hours in a day which is fine - someone shouldn’t be penalized or restrained for wanting to sweat and grind things out to reach their goals faster. However, this does not mean other things like bossing can’t be made more lucrative over time.

What exactly does the top 1% control with their wealth if everything else can still manage to be produced without them?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    I CANT TRAIN AND AFFORD POTIONS AT LVL 130

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    1:30 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    How?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  10. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    if you make 40m per hr this summer (ws/cs = ~330m), the progression is akin to 20m per hr(ws/cs = 180m) last summer. We can probably agree the 20m mark is easier to hit than 40m X)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    8:30 PM
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    Less doomer thread then I thought

12. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Sure, but bossing for coins allow you to circumvent market prices, and higher coin prices mean more access to pot money.

I asked around and it seems like gaining ~600 coins in 45ish days is possible with consistent daily bossing. Sure, it might not yield the same efficiency as multimaging, but I find that to be pretty decent in terms of time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Just for extra comparison, 600 coin in 45 days net to 13.3 coins / day. If coins were 3.2m each. This amounts to 42.66m per day. Or equivalent to 1 hour of multimage

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. optifreepure

optifreepure Slime

Jun 10, 2022
    8:30 PM
    Nerf sweepers

15. Daydreamer

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I failed MW20 twice and had only 1m mesos. It's been a few weeks since then, I've played only casually, and I've made over 70m. The first hour alone I made around 6m. What the hell are you doing that you can't afford pots at 130? What job do you play?

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Daydreamer

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    It's an issue when it comes to hoarding scrolls IMO. Otherwise it is not. I never felt I couldn't progress because other people were higher level...

17. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    9:30 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    he doesnt play, he only complains

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    8:30 AM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Game progression? What is that? I never had any progression for a good one year already, other than my friend quiting and giving me their gears they made years backs

It is ok for farming to be more profitable than bossing. But the coins and stuffs are pegged to the rate of farming instead.
    Bossing's profitablility has been falling further and further away from the peg rate, that you need more than more hours of bossing to match the farming rate.
    It is literally farm or stagnant forever.

We are looking at a comparsion of 1 day of sweaty bossing, barely matches 1 hour of multimage.
    And it is no way easy to boss for 13 coins a day even as a duo/trio.

• Agree Agree x 1