1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information [Alpha Test] Challenges System - HP Wash Alternative

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by xiaoyaoz, Oct 9, 2022.

1. elgrundo

elgrundo Red Snail

Nov 30, 2020
    Male
    9:37 PM
    NZPally
    Paladin
    The more I read, the better it gets. Well done team really like this suggestion. Especially since mages can still MP wash.

Can tell a lot of thought went into this, well done.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sleepycandel

sleepycandel Snail

Oct 5, 2022
    5:37 AM
    I'm a big fan of this change. I've tried getting into ML a couple times, and every time I've done so, I've hit a sort of barrier where I'm afraid to invest too much time into a non-mage character. The moment you learn that HP washing exists and what it does for endgame content, it's impossible to ignore the possibility that you might invest tons of hours into a character, only to not be able to participate in all of the game's content because you didn't spend nearly a year voting or had the cash to get INT gear. It's incredibly discouraging, and a huge barrier for keeping newer players (like myself) in the game. It's for that reason that I've only ever gotten mages to third job, purely out of how paralyzing HP Washing can be, and how unfun the prospect of playing a crippled non-mage for the early game can seem.

Giving non-washing characters a way to reach the minimum threshold for that content is honestly the most genius solution I've seen. I've always thought that making AP resets cheaper might be a good option, but this is even better, especially if these challenges encourage players to visit more of the game's areas and experience more obscure content.

It also solves a pretty interesting problem. Before, you'd have to wash before you even got to experience that end-game content. You'd have no way of knowing if you'd even enjoy fighting Horntail or Pink Bean, you would have to wash just to be allowed to try the content at all. With this change, you can vote while levelling a non-washed character, give that endgame content a shot, and then possibly make a washed character once you know what sort of content you want to do! (I know this doesn't really apply to Warriors or Mages, but my first character was a Pirate...)

Fantastic change overall! I really hope this makes it into the game.

• Like Like x 6
  3. farys77

farys77 Orange Mushroom

May 29, 2019
    Female
    5:37 AM
    farys77
    Cleric
    cornbread
    Can I do all of the challenges on my 182 bm?? I just remade an int BM who has 240 int too >,> lol

4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    11:37 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Seems good, exciting idea. Does this mean the defence rework is off the table?

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. sele18

sele18 Snail

Sep 6, 2020
    Male
    11:37 AM
    MeyZ
    Assassin
    I love it !! Im backkkk to play

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    2:37 AM
    secondpink
    Beginner
    What are in the works for the defense rework?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. noobonmove

noobonmove Mushmom

May 2, 2020
    SwordSlap
    Hero
    Konoha
    2. What is this "HP/MP AP locked" route?
    Upon opting in this route, players will no longer be able to add or reset AP into HP/MP anymore.

Does this mean that people just need to just ap wash as usual then switch to this route later on? to gain more hp

8. Loug

Loug Horny Mushroom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    6:37 AM
    Loug
    Paladin, Bishop, Marksman, Buccaneer, Corsair
    That's cool system, I only hope the hp from it will be enough for those who haven't washed at all, considering how hard bosses like pink bean, auf and toad(?) hit.

9. renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    10:37 AM
    renew
    You're telling us Corsair, NL and Archers get 12k? meanwhile the others get 19+k? good luck implementing that. These classes won't be able to do shit without HB, and on top of that 1hit ko without it. especially at PB / Auf Haven.
    Other than that, it looks nice but I'd rather just cap the HP bar for everyone at 20k hp and with HB u can only get 30k hp.
    if ur gonna do it, do it right and for everyone.

• Disagree Disagree x 16
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    12:37 PM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    Guess I'll die

• Friendly x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Useful x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Agree x 1
  11. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Any thoughts on adding a level 200 threshold for the characters, especially Buccs and Warriors, that are already at 200 and will be losing out on a large chunk of level up HP after the 180 threshold?

Edit: nevermind this was accounted for. this seems incredibly well thought out

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Loug

Loug Horny Mushroom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    6:37 AM
    Loug
    Paladin, Bishop, Marksman, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Comparing the threshold for lvl 100 warrior(7k hp) to my lvl 82 dk(7333 hp) which I barely hp washed it seem like you won't be able to wash that much before locking your character into that system.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Reznika

Reznika Red Snail

Jan 14, 2020
    Male
    Dankovsky
    I/L Arch Mage, Paladin, I/L Wizard
    I'm very happy with this change if I'm properly understanding its implementation!
    Aside from the obvious benefits of simplifying the process, it also fixes my biggest headache and issue with this game, which is the sinking feeling I would get if I ever accidentally missed putting on one of my INT equips for a level, or even just didn't put my AP into int before a level up, and feeling like I permanantly crippled myself at such an early stage of the game.

Overall I'm extremely happy with this update and quite honestly I think this update would singlehandedly make the game fun again for me, it was almost always a stressful experience for me to grind in this game with the overhead of thinking about how my equipment and stat choices could permanantly hamper me with no recourse if I messed something up, but now with a system like this it feels much more engaging to know that even if all else fails, I'd still be able to do every piece of content in the game!

Plus, with Hyper Body still being required twords some of the higher pieces of content, this is a great incentive to make that Dark Knight i've always wanted to play!

I'm very very excited to see how this all plays out and look forward to trying out Assasin for the first time! (I was previously too intimidated to give them a go due to the high level of backend knowledge needed to play them efficiently.)

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Krisspy

Krisspy Project Coordinator Staff Member Project Coordinator

Mar 10, 2021
    Female
    3:37 AM
    Krissybear
    Bishop
    Yep!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    Overall, while good for most classes... it doesn't seem to be applicable to Dark Knights- seeing as how opting into this prevents any AP from being put into HP/MP, having only 11.5k base HP to work with at lvl 130 and 13300 at lvl 140 is way too little for Dark Knights to train or do content with Berzerk effectively when considering potion costs

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. aiatsui

aiatsui Red Snail

Aug 1, 2022
    Female
    Okayama
    Night Lord
    Prism
    this is awesome, and i'm so glad you guys are working to help balance this stuff! hp washing really spooked me away from considering playing ML long-term, just because it actively made it less fun, and to me that's counterintuitive to what a game is supposed to be and i tend to disengage when things stop being fun. this challenges thing is a really creative solution!! thank you <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    I'd like up reiterate that this is phase is for feedback gathering and if you see any problems or have any suggestions please say them now. (And remember to talk to Cassandra in game to see how much HP you'd get!)

• Like Like x 2
  18. noobonmove

noobonmove Mushmom

May 2, 2020
    SwordSlap
    Hero
    Konoha
    Ah, I overlooked the threshold part.

I think the threshold should be removed to allow old/new characters to gain more hp in general

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. cornchips

cornchips Blue Snail

Sep 28, 2021
    4:37 AM
    sounds like a good idea, dont forget about beginners plz ty

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. emilnak

emilnak Blue Snail

Mar 7, 2019
    Male
    12:37 PM
    1BiT
    Cleric
    Sounds very good and effctive hope u lunch it asap! should make alot of ppl to come back =DD

• Disagree Disagree x 1