1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information [Alpha Test] Challenges System - HP Wash Alternative

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by xiaoyaoz, Oct 9, 2022.

1. ricman

ricman Snail

Mar 22, 2017
    Male
    10:55 AM
    Germany
    Magician
    there should be another solution for people hwo are in mid washing phase than putting all ap points back from hp...

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. OP
    OP
    xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    9:55 AM
    It rewards the HP appropriately to reach the threshold stated even if you don't have it levelled, but you will miss out the extra HP from the skill for before level 100 and after level 180. Only the stated threshold HP is guaranteed after completion.

No, Cassandra will not reset it for you, you will need to reset the AP out yourself before getting the HP reward.
    Cassandra is also just a temporary NPC now for you to check the HP reward for completing the challenge. In the future, we will be having a custom NPC to handle this whole challenge system.

Yeah, can do it at any level after level100 as long there is no AP in HP/MP.

No AP wash needed anymore. Just do your normal stat allocation without needing to know all the INT and washing thing.

The min natural HP gain is accounted for, so those will be included if you are level 200. Do check out the calculator sheet or in-game NPC for exact HP rewards.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    5:55 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    OMGGGGGGG THATS HYPE!!!!!
    Very creative, awesome work staff! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    3:55 AM
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    Honestly a pretty amazing concept. This is a great way to allow new players to not be overwhelmed by washing and "make a mage first" mindset. Also allows older and current players to enjoy bossing on different classes that they have avoided making because of time needed to wash for bossing. And since nothing is being changed to original washing, will still allow people to go for their HP goals through voting (and could also test out some bossing classes while planning on making a HP goal washes version of that character down the road).

This is kind of a buff towards Dark Knights as well because they would be more desirable in bossing runs where a majority of the characters running are "washed" using this system.

Just some quick general "challenge" ideas off the top of my head would be the following:
    - Kill a boss in a previous obtained HP threshold (example: For lv150 challenge, kill Zakum 5 times (since you have enough base HP w/o HB). For lv180 challenge, kill HT 5 times.)
    - Something involving regional killing versus doing an "ECT trade in" since those can just be bought (though that could introduce some new money making methods ;)) (example: Kill X mobs of each Dragon' Nest mob in Leafre). Kill X mobs in Temple of Time)
    - A daily log-in/kill quest that needs to be completed each 10 level challenge set (Example: Need to do 3-5 daily log in quests per 10 level challenge sets). (However this would also mean if you are already lv180 and under the threshold you would have to wait like a month to full complete but idk:dead:, just an idea for making the character needing to be played a bit more.)

I hope others can come up with some ideas as well! :)

Also, need to remember that things like Tier 10 ring, pet for HP, and event equips can also add a boost of HP. So a lv180 NL using this system could get to 13.5k+ HP total

I have seen some posts about people who are in the middle of washing currently. I can't think of a way for them to revert AP already invested into INT or hp/mp without it being abused in someway. I say abused because I could see people pumping AP into INT for extra base MP then leeching to 100 and then doing this system and try to get all AP given back and run away with some extra base MP. Unless it would revert current base MP to what it should be if no INT was used when leveling up?

Overall sounds pretty good and I hope to see what becomes of this!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ashbring

Ashbring Snail

Sep 16, 2022
    Male
    4:55 AM
    Bishop, F/P Arch Mage
    Is it possible that with this change we can get more uncapped APR events for people who would prefer to play the more hardcore route? Certainly this won't invalidate already washed characters much more than the alternative system that's being implemented, while also incentivizing people to try out washing a class during the event if they have already tried the challenges on another character.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DarkCIover

DarkCIover Blue Snail

Nov 7, 2021
    Male
    8:55 PM
    DarkClover
    Beginner, Shadower
    Very excited for this!

For challenges suggestions: Can it be a revisit of old pqs with cracked mobs now? Level 100 is when you're graduated from most pqs and a chance to goof around again in older pqs would be lovely. Like KPQ but with balrogs or something, and instead of shoes you'd get your challenge completed after 20 runs or so.

• Creative Creative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Jalato

Jalato Red Snail

Apr 30, 2020
    Male
    9:55 AM
    Jalato
    Crossbowman
    I just want to say that I'm very impressed by this idea, and it has completely revitalised my MM that I made years ago, but quit since he would never be able to boss. Very happy!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. LuisJ

LuisJ King Slime

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    LuisJ
    Hero
    Please do something for people that have invested on HP washing, but did it late or not optimally, and have not reached the specified thresholds. Having to vote for months just to remove the allocated HP would be awful.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    1:55 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    I believe this is answered in the FAQ. If you are under the threshold you will be able to participate.

10. Socollocos

Socollocos King Slime

Oct 9, 2020
    Socoli
    Bowmaster
    Imagine you opt in for this route with 2mil NX on your account. You can now expand all your inventory!

• Like Like x 1
  11. LuisJ

LuisJ King Slime

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    LuisJ
    Hero
    No, the post specifically says:

The base HP increase prize can only be redeemed if:
    • The player has no AP invested in their HP/MP pool;
      • If they have any, they can take them out via AP Resets in order to be eligible.
    • AND their HP is under a certain threshold
      • The formula we used to calculate the HP eligibility is actually a bit more complicated than this, as it projects your HP to the next threshold level to see if you are eligible
    So if someone has not reached the threshold, but has already invested hundreds of thousands of NX on HP washing unoptimally, now they need to continue buy AP resets to reset their HP pool.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. JoelMiller

JoelMiller Snail

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    JoeIMiIIer
    Beginner, Shadower
    Sense
    Wow, amazing idea. This is going to be great for people wanting that nostalgia back and not feeling paralyzed by the grueling time investment that HP washing is.

Having said that, what's the solution for the longevity of the game? What's the incentive for players to keep playing? (Events, prizes, more endgame challenges, etc).

Also, how to prevent the voting drop off that this will inevitably result in?

13. LuisJ

LuisJ King Slime

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    LuisJ
    Hero
    MirrorsMirrors I re-read the post and on the FAQ it does say you CAN participate. But on the post itself it is implied that you would not (you would need to reset your HP with NX). Now that it is in alpha and in early stages of discussions is a good moment to discuss this, bring clarity and make it consistent. I would really like it to be like the FAQ says, where the HP is just readjusted.

14. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Sorry if this wasn't clear. I think what they mean by AP points in the HP/mp category, not the actual HP itself. For example you have 1 AP in the HP/MP category and you've washed like 1000 extra HP. You do NOT need to reset -1000 HP to participate, but you will need to get an ap Reset to put the 1 AP in HP back into your main stat. They mean the actual AP point not the HP stat itself. (I can double check with balance team though if this made no sense and to make sure my understanding is correct)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Rapskal

Rapskal Chronos

Nov 1, 2017
    Male
    6:55 PM
    Rapskal
    Night Lord
    Lost
    y'all are so smart wow

16. SkyBlue

SkyBlue Slime

May 8, 2020
    Female
    New York
    Sedentarily
    Shadower
    Nimbus
    Great work!

Ideas for challenges I'm sure you have thought about already:
    - completed quests
    - regional explorer (finish XX amount of quests and get XX number of completed sets in this region i.e. Ariant)
    - encouraging exploration of less frequented maps (maybe a chest or rock that drops an untradeable item)
    - challenges related to difficult monster book cards that people are likely to skip (for example....Rombot, Leprechauns)
    - PQ'd a certain amount of times (would help revitalize less-frequented PQs like MPQ and OPQ)
    - kill XX area boss (would probably have to be careful about this one, due to camping)
    - I want this randomized obscure equip (not NPC buyable, would have to hunt it OnionGlass)
    - .....jump quest related....I guess..
    - guild-related endeavors like GPQ a certain amount of times? maybe non-mandatory option for people who don't enjoy being in guilds all the time
    - Fashionstory related - i.e. wearing all green clothing? idk

I did like the idea of a defense buff but not sure how you would incorporate that if at all.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Northfell

Northfell Red Snail

May 15, 2020
    Male
    10:55 AM
    Northfell
    Super excited for this, will definitely be returning to MapleLegends and vote for you again. Great solution! It's obvious you have thought this through with much care.

18. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I would rather have quests than challenges.

19. TerribleFool

TerribleFool Mano

Sep 22, 2022
    Male
    TerribleFool
    Night Lord
    Chroma
    I'm really excited to see this put into action. I do think that HP washing is a fun and awesome mechanic, but the time requirement is quite ridiculous. I think this will help bolster the server population as new players wont quit once they realize what is required of them to have a playable character. This may also reduce the absolute need for leech, giving party quests a potential increase in population. I expect we may see the cost of int equips/scrolls decrease as well. Plus having engaging quests to partake in will be a fun change of pace from the endless grind. Overall I view this as a very positive solution.

I do agree with the suggestion of giving people mid wash some option other than needing to personally reset all their stats. I think that could turn out to be a very time consuming and daunting task for some people. Maybe it's easier said than done though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    My Priest has nearly 1900 HP at level 75. Am I screwed?