1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information [Alpha Test] Challenges System - HP Wash Alternative

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by xiaoyaoz, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Authoxic

Authoxic Red Snail

Dec 21, 2021
    Male
    7:43 AM
    Authoxic
    Thief
    Now, is this a for sure thing? If it is, that way I can use my stored NX to start pumping out the INT on my Bowmaster since I’d have 500 more HP with the challenge system proposed in this thread than I would if I continue MP/HP washing to 180. Plus, my BM would be useable now!

2. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    8:43 PM
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    Feedback only, not guaranteed yet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. wealthy902

wealthy902 Red Snail

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    8:43 AM
    Pinaka
    Dark Knight
    Perion
    DKs should probably get a bit more HP than other warriors. It doesn't take too much washing to hit ~17k HP by say level 140, so it feels like the incentive isn't quite there to use challenges to take care of your HP needs. It should go without saying that other warriors aren't as reliant on HP with shield mastery and lack of berserk, so the current values are fine for them, while a bit extra for DKs will go a long way.

Also, I'm not a big fan of the static thresholds on HP values and permanently locking characters out of investing into HP/MP after opting into these. Maybe we can have a curve where you will at least reach the set values if you are unwashed, but if you are washed and have a bit more HP or continue to wash afterwards you'll get diminishing returns on HP gains to make up for the boost you get through challenges. I'd like to see challenges as a bonus to HP, instead of being a locked in choice that sets your HP values to be the same as everyone else that also used challenges for HP.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    2:43 PM
    Beginner
    INT scrolls and equips about to go back to their real value.

Great addition staff. Been waiting for this update for years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    [QUOTE="wealthy902, post: 321218, member: 4609"

Also, I'm not a big fan of the static thresholds on HP values and permanently locking characters out of investing into HP/MP after opting into these. Maybe we can have a curve where you will at least reach the set values if you are unwashed, but if you are washed and have a bit more HP or continue to wash afterwards you'll get diminishing returns on HP gains to make up for the boost you get through challenges. I'd like to see challenges as a bonus to HP, instead of being a locked in choice that sets your HP values to be the same as everyone else that also used challenges for HP.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this part. Maybe after we've hit the decided threshold (e.g. 10k for shads), we can continue to do a repeatable challenge that would let us continue to gain hp, but at a MUCH slower pace. Like maybe 50hp per challenge, per day.

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    Am I seeing this right? The new HP wash rework managed to bring back the great creator of the HP wash creator?

7. Taima

Taima Mushmom

May 23, 2021
    Female
    12:43 PM
    Taima
    Beginner
    Oddjobs
    I am very excited for this system, pretty curious what kind of challenges the staff has in mind. I was saddened to learn from talking to Cassandra that only 3rd job and above will be able to participate in the HP challenges. Any plans to include pre-3rd job characters, from 0th to 2nd job, as long as they are level 100+ too? I assumed while reading this post that Beginners would get the same HP as the 'other' category. I think Beginners should be 'squishy' and tethered to HB for some end game content, but always able to participate. There are also perma-1st job and 2nd job characters that could be job-gated out of the system. Sorry to nitpick over the 'job-gating' bits that affect a small percentage of the community, but I think other Beginners saw this post, also got as excited as I did, and will be let down hard when they try to check out the information in-game. I hope the true alpha test of this system could be designed to include us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. WohnJick

WohnJick Mano

Apr 16, 2021
    10:43 PM
    WohnJick
    This would make the server a lot more beginner-friendly!

I cannot wait to see this in action

and I can finally make all the ranged classes I've always wanted to play !

MapleLegends does not disappoint!

9. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    9:43 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Could you specify what you mean by "invested hundreds of thousands of NX on HP washing unoptimally".

I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding the context. I'm imagining people that bloodwashed, then you wouldn't have spent NX on it. Or if you mean spent fresh AP to +HP while having base INT, as long as you reset out the AP stuck in your HP/MP pool, even if you still have INT remaining you can partake in the challenges system~

10. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    5:43 AM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    You can do the challenges while having points in INT, you're not ineligible in that regard. You're only ineligible if you have AP invested into the collective HP/MP pool(that you haven't AP reset to put back into your main stat/INT).

Technically a 200 30k HP player could do the challenges, they'd just be ineligible for the rewards since they're above the maximum threshold per tier.

11. GodDaddy

GodDaddy Slime

Nov 16, 2017
    Female
    imHis
    Thief
    Scarlet
    I think this is a super cool concept and I'm interested to see how this would play out. I do have a few concerns though.

I think 12k hp for ranged classes is too high to the point where most ranged classes would no longer need to HP wash whilst for buccs or warriors, who constantly have to be in melee range and take touch damage, 19k and 22k respectively is too low.

12. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    New path for optimized play, now with significantly less time gate:
    1: Make mage/bishop
    2: Use this to leech up 4-5 characters
    -SE and SI/TL are good choices
    -You're gonna need a ball and chain to go with the 0 investment setup, so a DK as well. You'll probably want the build to be at least 40% luk, more depending on the difficulty of the challenges for HP
    -Shadower for sed mule if you want to run Horntail often
    -Main attacker(s). Marksmen and Buccaneers make great mains, so it's possible to cut down on many of the characters if you wish to speed things up. They can also be left at level 129/136 or so as mules. It's also worth noting that anyone capable of controlling 2 crappy Night Lords can pump out top tier DPM, so multiple copies of them are great.
    3: You now have a good setup to run whatever content you want, and the only limiting factor for you is the time it takes for you to grind it out and leech everything up. Congratulations!

13. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    3:43 PM
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    my nl have 24k hp,I cannot wash the rest 6k from mp to hp?

14. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    The amount of HP mages gets seems arbitrary. What numbers are you trying to target with that? My understanding is that most people who wash a mage aim aim for 5.6k or 7.2k.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    Most optimized washes end around 170/180 anyways. You can easily hit 17k at 140 but you'll be spending more on resets.

Basically what this system would do is allow you to play the game as normally as possible until you hit 100, where you'll have 9 quests, 1 every 10 levels, to grind out your hp values, without needing to rely on voting(which, on a first account, most people play pretty straightforward anyways).

Compare: Unwashed HP vs Challenge HP and the difference between the two(edit: and gain per quest) (edit2: note that Warriors gain 64-68 hp per level up, ~660 hp per 10 levels passively, recalculating that into the gains)
    • 100: 6305 --- 7000 --- 695(+35 gain)
    • 110: 6965 --- 8350 --- 1385(+30 gain)
    • 120: 7625 --- 9850 --- 2225(+180 gain)
    • 130: 8285 --- 11500 --- 3215(+330 gain)
    • 140: 8945 --- 13300 --- 4355(+480 gain)
    • 150: 9605 --- 15250 --- 5645(+630 gain)
    • 160: 10265 --- 17350 --- 7085(+780 gain)
    • 170: 10925 --- 19600 --- 8675(+930 gain)
    • 180: 11585 --- 22000 --- 10415(+1080 gain)
    It seems pretty good, you end up just starting later rather than prepping everything from level 1. This allows new players to enjoy the early game without having to invest into 5 different classes before playing the class they want to play, while also maintaining value to those people who really want that 30k Night Lord.

Honestly I only see positives in this alpha-stage concept.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Currently no plans to allow beginners to opt in this challenge, we might be able to consider this if they are getting locked out from ever job advancing upon taking this challenge.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    8:43 AM
    Trion
    Beginner
    Ah thanks for clearing that up then, so basically theres two paths now, unlimited washing or the "on rails" method of just following challenge system till 200. Not a bad way to go tbh. I think lowering the costs of APR would have been easier but this isn't a bad first attempt if it goes the way it seems it will.

18. Wannes t

Wannes t Slime

May 7, 2022
    Male
    Fortwendy
    Chief Bandit
    Are these hp values subject to change ? Feel like shad could use a little boost to 11-12k. I know we can rely on meso guard, but that is also dispelable. So I think pumping it to maybe 11k we could reach 12,5k with some event equips and T10 ring.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. RADWIMPS

RADWIMPS Orange Mushroom

Apr 24, 2020
    What would happen to ranged characters, because I don't see any mentioned.

Seems bias and entirely unfair.

#RangedLivesMatter

20. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Try tilting your phone or switch of mobile view.
    Ranged is included in the table

• Like Like x 2