1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove "unique - one of a kind" lock from Auf Heben Circlet

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by akashsky, Oct 16, 2022.

Should auf helmet remain one of a kind?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    60.9%
  1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    4:30 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    In the original JMS or whatever version that released auf, the circlet was originally untradable and not one of a kind. This meant that you could hold multiple copies of the helmet in your inventory.

Example below:
    GMACandyFeysaufhelm.png
    Maplelegends has changed this helmet in many ways, one of which is to add the unique one of a kind lock such that a player can only hold 1 auf haven helmet.

upload_2022-10-16_14-39-24.png

This makes it so that the player can only hold 1 auf helmet at a time. I am suggesting to remove the one of a kind item lock so that players can loot more than 1 helmet at a time for the following reasons:

1) It will make helmet progression more fluid and less feast or famine. With the ability to loot multiple helmets, players can progressively scroll their helmets and upgrade it over time without having to go for the all or nothing scenario where you must drop a decent helmet to try again for a better one.

2) It will give players reason to keep running auf post obtaining their helmets (as they can scroll again for a chance at an upgrade). Currently, the drop table from auf alone is not enough to make running it worthwhile compared to horntail. Auf is only worth running if you are trying to scroll a helmet.

3) It will open up the flexibility for players to create different helmets for different scenarios. A warrior can opt to have 2 helmets, one for str and one for dex depending on if they need the accuracy. Archers and corsairs can opt for dex/str helmets for damage and luk helmets for avoid.

Of course there is always the question of why should the auf helmet not be one of a kind when every other similar item is one of a kind in ML.

1) Auf circlet was originally not one of a kind.

2) Every other boss with one of a kind drops has a much better reward to effort ratio.
    The other bosses that drop one of a kind items are Zakum, Horntail, Scar/Targa, and Pink Bean.

Zakum can be soloed in under 30 minutes and yield a good amount of coins. (assuming 25% pouch 3 drop rate you can earn 7.5 coins per hr).

The average Horntail kills are worth around 140m. In a 5man run that clears in 90 minutes, you can earn about 19m per hour, or about 5.75 coins per hr while also getting good exp.

Scarlion / Targa can be solo killed within an hour, and assuming 25% pouch rate for scarlion / 50% drop rate for targa, this is 4.5 coins per hour.

Pink bean is the best meso per hour boss in the server, even moreso now that it can drop up to 3 mysterious pouch 5s.

Then we have auf, for which the best drops are circlet str 60% scroll and mysterious pouch 3 (of which up to 2 can drop).

You can also get neo tokyo items, but those are such high variance and the majority of the ones that drop end up NPC fodder.

Assuming that you get on average 1 pouch 3 per kill (which i think is an over estimate), a 5man auf that clears in 1 hour would get something like 3 coins per hour. If you factor in other drops maybe this number goes up to something like 4 coins per hour.

However, you also need to note that running auf is very cancer compared to the other bosses on this list, and you burn a lot more potions on this fight compared to the others.

So, if you are looking to make mesos, auf is not worth running compared to other bosses.

Anyways, please vote on the poll or comment below your thoughts on whether auf helmet should remain one of a kind.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. beegoratto

beegoratto Skelosaurus

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    save aka shaven

• Useful Useful x 3
  3. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    7:30 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    juz some thoughts, if auf haven is to make into untradable, should zak/scar helm should also be untradable?

4. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    It opens a can of worms, it wouldn't really matter to me much if they remain one of kind or not, but there are some things to consider.

1) Zak and scar/targa are both soloable. Removing one of a kind means that the people who solo will profit an extra 1-2m from runs by being able to loot all helmets and NPC.

Also, these items were one of kind by default in the original game so it is a part of its specific balance.

Then you also should consider if pink bean pendant or HTP should be one of a kind, and well that has other issues.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. beegoratto

beegoratto Skelosaurus

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    The suggestion was to make it not One-of-a-Kind, not tradable.

6. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    yes i know.
    i said make it untradable, not tradable

7. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    not sure why this particular content shouldn't be when other content are feast or famine :giggle:

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Bump, this would go a long way to increasing the number of players willing to run auf.

Auf is currently not popular content - which makes it difficult to recruit a squad. Removing one of a kind lock to incentivize players to re-run the boss, or increasing the reward table would be required to make the content more alive.

Either way, auf in its current state is a frustrating experience all around and some change is needed.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  9. benQ

benQ Pac Pinky

Oct 14, 2016
    Male
    benQ
    Bishop
    maple
    haha..i saw my ancient buddy ign in the SS
    D4rkM4g3x was my old buddy in mapleSEA around 2007 ~ 2011 :D
    i remember we need her to stop laser at core blaze
    core was unlimited entry that time
    during weekends, we were able to grind at Core for whole day from 8am to midnite 2am with 2x exp coupon
    1 of the good mem0ries:
    waiting at kamuna for SG players to log in (some of them played at cyber cafe)
    by killing Core, id made my bm to lv200 just 1 day before bigbang

kamuna bgm still hv some deep impact into my :heartbeat: till today

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:30 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    yess!
    relot helm will be a pain from who have scrolled, more than who is stats dependent
    as nt 2 have alot of quest, i think is fair have a quest to unlock it?