1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Just another thread on washing a night lord (30k)

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Krythan, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    4:05 PM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    • 3/15/23 - I recommend reading the comments before following this post's plan. Other players gave great advice on how to reach your goals faster (at the cost of more NX).
    • 4/34/23 - Once completed, I'll be re-posting this thread as a new guide for anyone else looking to follow a similar path.
    ---

Update: This forum post is now outdated. Please refer to the updated guide.

---

Goals:

1. Create a Night Lord who can theoretically reach 30,000hp by level 200.
    2. Create a Night Lord ready to play earlier, rather than later.
    What do I mean by ready to play? The sooner this character can finish MP washing, the sooner they can reset their INT, and the sooner they can participate in content. Once you've finished your MP Washing, all further steps can be done as you acquire the NX, allowing you to play your character without being limited by how much NX you need.

How:

A level 200 Night Lord will naturally have 4,843 hp. You'll be wearing at least 1,400 hp from your gear including your Monster Book Ring, Ellin Savior's Ring, and Scrolled Pet Equips. This leaves a total of 23,757 HP that we need to create. To accomplish that, we're going to create Excess MP with MP Washing. Then we will use Stale Washing to convert that MP into HP. It should take up to 1,484 AP Resets to convert 17,817 Excess MP into 23,757 HP.

These estimates do not include INT gear, or the Maple Warrior buff. In practice, you may encounter more efficient numbers.

Levels 1-6
    • Start with 10 INT
    • Put Fresh AP into INT
    Levels 6-10
    • Put Fresh AP into DEX, until you have 25 DEX
    • Put remaining Fresh AP into INT
    You need 25 DEX to do your job advancement

Levels 11-81
    - Pump INT
    • Put Fresh AP into INT, until you have 400 Base INT
    • Put remaining Fresh AP into MP
    You need 400 Base INT before you start MP Washing

Levels 82-150 - MP Wash
    • Put Fresh AP into MP
    • Use an AP Reset to then move each point from MP into LUK
    You need 345 AP Resets to "MP Wash". This process, of creating more MP should create enough Excess MP to achieve your (future) HP target. This should cost about 1,000,000 NX. This step MUST be completed while you have 400 INT. Once this step is completed, you can play the game "normally", as all future steps can be done as you level up and slowly collect the NX required.

Some players may want to starting the "MP Wash" sooner. This would allow you to reach your HP goals at an earlier level, however it increases your NX costs.

Level 151 - Reset INT
    • Use AP Resets to reset ALL of your INT into LUK
    You will need 396 AP Resets. Since we are now done MP Washing, it is no longer necessary to carry surplus INT. This should cost about ~1,300,000 NX. Combined with the previous step, you will have spent around 2,300,000 NX (or 460 days of voting).

This is the "magic moment" as you'll no longer be carrying surplus INT, and your damage will have caught up to your non-washed counterparts. All further steps can be performed, in no particular rush, as you vote and collect the NX.

Levels 151-200 -
    Stale Wash
    • Put Fresh AP into LUK
    • Use AP Resets to move as many points as you can from MP to HP.
    These steps can be done whenever you have the NX.

You will need ~1,300 AP Resets to convert your 17,817 Excess MP into a net gain of 23,757 HP. This should cost around 4,700,000 NX. Once completed, you will have spent around 7,000,000 NX to create a 30,000hp Night Lord.

In order to "Stale Wash", you must have at least 1 point of AP sitting in either your HP or MP. I recommend permanently putting 1 Fresh AP point into HP so you never have to think about it again.

You will have ~250 Fresh AP to spend between levels 150-200. You could use these points to HP Wash. Using "HP Washing" with these 250 Fresh AP would net a total of +500hp compared to "Stale Washing" allowing you to reach your HP goals sooner. However, since "HP Washing" requires Fresh AP, you may be limited if you can level up faster than you can accumulate NX.

10/20/22 - Post created
    10/21/22 - Updated post to include notes regarding "MP Washing" at an earlier level.
    10/21/22 - Updated post to include notes regarding "HP Washing" at a later level.
    3/15/23 - Updated disclaimer at the top to encourage readers to consider options that other commenters have recommended.

Thanks

Thanks to faelfael convincing me to not being afraid, and zeroxlrzeroxlr for helping with formulas.

Last edited: May 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    1:05 PM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    You are able to start earlier if you MP wash into INT. I'm actually going to write up a spreadsheet later so hopefully I can get that done before I clock out(I don't have a computer atm).

And unless you really want to hit that 30k HP goal, you can also rely on Hyper Body to cut some costs down. But you know that already, you probably want to see 30k without needing another character to boost you up.

So basically, when you're leveling from 11-81, there's a few levels where it's either not going to help, or it's debatably negligible to even bother with, but at a certain point, let's say 30, you start MP washing and resetting into INT, you'll start cutting out a few levels later on needed to MP wash, and you can start HP washing once you reach your goals.

You don't have to hit the 400 INT goal to then start MP washing, you can do it on the way.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    4:05 AM
    Beginner
    I'm not sure if you're following mp washing by the most bang for buck per mp wash model but it's most advisable to mp wash from 200-250 base int onwards. Remember that every FRESH AP not utilized for MP wash is a loss on potential MP gains which leads to lesser HP conversion.

In essence, I'd recommend MP washing as soon as you've attained 200 base int and resetting those MP back into your INT till you've finally obtained 400 base. Furthermore, at around level 155 you could even replace stale HP wash with Fresh AP into HP (avg 18-20) and resetting MP into Luk.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    For sure! This build will take years to get to 30k hp, so you'll be benefiting from having a Dragon Knight in your party for a long time :)

This would allow you to reach your HP goals sooner (30k earlier), but at the cost of more overall NX correct?

5. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Perion
    That is correct. I'll be doing some maths later anyways for my own projects, so I'll have that later somewhere. Unless someone beats me to it. I think I've come up with a pretty good organization and presentation idea though

• Like Like x 1
  6. marki

marki Red Snail

Oct 20, 2022
    wut he said^ apr.png hp.png

7. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    This would increase the total NX cost to MP Wash, but you would reach your target goals earlier, right?

Good point! So from levels ~150 to 200 you'll have somewhere around 245 Fresh AP Points that you can use to HP Wash. So, for the same AP Reset cost that you would otherwise use for stale washing, you could get 16-20 hp as opposed to 16 (source). Might as well right? +12.5% hp gain per AP Reset. I'll update the post.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    If i recall, it'd be cheaper actually! As u can see from marki's post (over washed for mp-pot efficiency), used 6.9m nx to get 27k/11k. Remember, 11k mp is not your end goal so in actual you'd spend less than 6.9m since i assume you'll reduce your MP to the bare minimal allowed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Interesting!!! Let me re-calculate and I'll follow up here. I'm going compare the plan in the original post, to one that:

1. Starts MP Washing at Base INT 200.
    2. Including standard HP Washing on levels that Fresh AP would otherwise have gone straight into INT.

Thanks ThugliferThuglifer, markimarki , and EstrahlEstrahl - Fantastic feedback so far!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Ran some calculations and ThugliferThuglifer you're correct! After level 151, you can start HP Washing with the remaining ~250 AP. Since this is slightly more efficient than Stale Washing I've been able to lower the overall NX costs by a fraction.

I've updated the original post to reflect that!

However, I haven't found a combination of settings that creates a desirable results for MP Washing earlier. markimarki I've found a few combinations that can either a.) reduce overall NX costs by a fraction, or b.) allow me to hit my HP goal earlier (thus buying more time to wash up extra MP). However, they all make what I can the "magic moment" more expensive - the amount of NX you need before you can reset INT and play your character "normally". Am I doing it right?

11. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood

Do please share!

12. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Perion
    Probably will take me a couple days at this point lol. I might have it by Monday though :p I'll keep y'all posted dw

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    5:05 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    could you explain how starting mp washing earlier would lower the nx cost to reach 30k hp?
    because as far as i know, that would be more expensive yeah

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    2:05 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Mp washing prior to reaching your maximum base int is something you do when you are trying to maximize extra MP at the end of your wash, but if the goal is simply 30k hp with minimum MP then mp washing early is actually less efficient use of nx.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Updated! At levels 151+ you can use your Fresh HP to "HP Wash", reducing the overall cost to 6,900,000 NX. I've added a note about deciding to start "MP Washing" at an earlier level if you're interested in an earlier target HP, or want surplus MP when all is said and done.

• Like Like x 1
  16. marioyobro

marioyobro Slime

Nov 9, 2019
    Male
    3:05 PM
    Hero, Assassin
    Beaters
    I did 350 base int for my 30K NL. By level 152 (after lots and lots of mp washing), I had enough MP to become a 30k HP NL so I took all the int out and have been slowly moving mp to hp every day since. Currently around 5m nx used, 4 base int, 16k hp and 13k mp at level 180. It's definitely a long journey but you can start playing way before you have 30k hp obviously :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    Did you progressively mp wash or start when you had 350 int?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Loug

Loug Horny Mushroom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    Loug
    Paladin, Bishop, Marksman, Buccaneer, Corsair
    After making multiple 30k character builds(mm, bucc, sair, shad, ??? and not including the ones I deleted) with different amounts of int I found that 450-500 base int while starting the mp wash at lvl 50 is the most effective since it allows me to get enough mp before lvl 140(although I do have mw20 plus 130ish int from gear) and then after that it's all about the extra mp.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Perion
    How does one get past 3rd job boss fights with that much INT investment? Other than like onyx apples n stuff

20. Loug

Loug Horny Mushroom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    Loug
    Paladin, Bishop, Marksman, Buccaneer, Corsair
    If you're a cheapo like me a coke pill combined+se with a lot of patience and all the dex/att gear you have, otherwise you can use an apple or some stoppers, my sair only hit 3rd job at lvl 120 though. :poop:

• Informative Informative x 2