1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guaranteed Prestigious Coin Pouch for Bossing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mageor, Oct 4, 2022.

1. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    11:58 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Yes actually!
    If you'd like to see the data for splittable items from non-HT bosses, I track those here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QI_WaGhDGleUJ-Zcfj2-hRz9-0T4qxfkn9ViGuMCj1I/edit?usp=sharing
    Core Blaze drops coins at roughly the same rate as Zak, so I'd guess 33% drop rate of 15 coins split 4 ways.
    For Horntail, I don't want to link the sheet here since it's editable by anyone with the link but my splits for the weekly HT runs have been as follows: 46m, 72m, 115m, 66m, 1m, 11m for the past 6 weeks.

It's hard to say hours per day played as it varies wildly day to day but anywhere between 2-4 hours on average I'd say, with some days being more and some days being less. The time waiting before bosses is usually close to 0 since I organize them ahead of time on discord. There's maybe a couple minutes of waiting at most for any given run. I would not describe myself as a casual player but I wouldn't consider myself extremely hardcore. If the two were a spectrum I'd probably place myself at a 7 with extreme casual being at 0 and extreme hardcore being a 10.

I'm not sure why you're using my Zakum value to relate to my earnings for the past 45 days, as the lion's share of the money I received was not from Zakum. Also for what it's worth, usually when I run Zakum our expected returns are around 20-30m a person as I usually run duo/trio with buyers, with our highest splits being 90m per person for 2 runs. You'll note that I run Zak maybe once a week, if even. The number I gave (11m/hr) was for a rough estimate 6 man run with 1 afk buyer per run, which is not a situation that happens all the time. It was meant to simulate an approximate average.

And yes! That's actually exactly what my goal was. Since the beginning of this year I've slowly been working on completing a perfect Timeless Engaw, ws10 x7 slots. This is not a goal most players should have, this is the one I set for myself. The point I was making is that there are excellent returns that can currently be earned from bossing, such that even with high goals (ws10 x7 slots) a dedicated player can complete them in under a year. Not all players will have this time, and not all players will have this goal, and both of those things are okay. It's okay to take longer to complete a goal. But there's very reasonable pathways for working towards goals, no matter what those goals are, that exist currently in the game. Asking for more seems... excessive.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  2. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    Would you say a typical run for you is closer to the 2 hour or 4 hour estimate?

Or, maybe a better question is what is the clear time spread among that 2-4 hour window? Is it even across the board, a bell curve, a reverse bell curve? Irregular?

I'm honestly interested, not really having any data myself to go off of, just theoreticals and bases off other players/game designs.

3. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Depends on the content. A large chunk of that period was just hopping online to do daily CB/JC, without any other notable content. Our CB runs take around 19 min each, and JC takes around 5 min each, so doing all of those runs takes just slightly over 1 hour a day accounting for travel time. So any given day would usually look like doing that, and then possibly add in some time hunting area bosses, or doing other minor content like Dunas 2, Nameless, or Zak, and then once a week a larger 3 hour window for Horntail or 90 min for PB.

• Like Like x 1
  4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I think that beegorattobeegoratto 's experience about potential bossing viability is valid, and is an example of what solid progression could look like from exclusively running bossing content.

However, the average player reading this needs to realize that they will NOT be able to immediately achieve similar results. Why? Its simple, the average player here will not have the network or gear to run bosses as efficiently. They will have to work their way up from poverty boss runs/ grinding 7F and networking / making friends until they get to the point where they can:

1) Have a strong enough character to carry their weight on efficient boss runs
    2) Are able to join or host efficient runs (i.e. runs that start on time and finish quickly)

After you put in the work to satisfy the conditions above (having good gear + friends), you can start to progress at a "reasonable" rate from running bosses.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Agreed. I wasn't able to progress at this rate from content exclusively until about 3 months ago (about 8 months after the creation of this character). It takes time to work your way to a point where you're "coasting".

• Like Like x 1
  6. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    12:58 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    If only there were some method to progress at a fast rate without requiring connections or gear, preferably something that can be done indefinitely by oneself without relying on anyone else.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    2:58 PM
    multimage kekw