1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Update General Patch Notes: November 7th, 2022

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Kimmy, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    10:27 PM
    Moderator Post
    Welcome to the general Patch notes for the Halloween patch!

This post will contain a comprehensive list of fixes, changes and new implementations for the server side of things, that are in addition to the already-posted client changes.

General Changes
    • The Halloween Event is now active! Click here for details.
      • From this event onwards, the Raffle quest will reset daily at midnight server time, rather than after 20 hours.
    • Our new custom NPC for the HP Challenges has been introduced!
      • [​IMG]
        You can meet Rosa in Lith Harbor. For the time being, she will only provide you with the same information that Cassandra did during the last patch.
      • Her design is work-in-progress.
    • Implemented the Item Raise system.
      • [​IMG]
        "Raise items" are special items that must be fed, in order to progress through various stages.
      • Double-clicking the item will open its special UI, where you can drag and drop the feeding material.
    • Fixed and fully implemented the Info Quest system.
      • While of no particular interest to players, this system provides a dynamic quest requirement, that various quests already make use of.
      • As a result of this implementation, the quest "Memory Keeper" should no longer break if the player changes channel or disconnects, after talking with their 1st job instructor.
    • Fixed and fully implemented Timed quests.
      • Currently, only "Revolutionary Defensive Wall Construction Plan" was a fully-working timed quest. The feature has now been reworked and will work with any quest that will use it.
    • "Ghost" type of temporary stat has been implemented.
    • Vicious in Henesys Market will now provide an option to craft Red and Blue Arrows.
      • She will offer to purchase bundles of 1000 arrows, for a price of respectively 6000 (Red) and 9000 (Blue) mesos.
    • [​IMG]
      "Artistic Visions Chair", which is our new main prize of Chair design contests, has been introduced.
    • Implemented the proper randomized animation of Storytime Chair. Use it at your own discretion.
    Skill Changes
    • [​IMG] Energy Charge
      • Energy will no longer charge up from "miss" hits.
    • [​IMG] Time Leap
      • Time Leap now requires energy to be fully charged, in order to be cast.
    NiseNise : In recent patches, we have tried to implement changes that properly rewarded active gameplay over AFK gameplay, such as muling. These changes are intended to achieve a similar goal by bringing down the convenience and utility of Buccaneer mules that may simply be AFK in the map, in comparison to actively played Buccaneers.

Buccaneers are an extremely versatile class with lots of self-utility and party-wide utility, such as Energy Charge and Time Leap respectively. By adding some conditionality for Buccaneers to access these pivotal parts of their kit, we introduce an inconvenience and potential challenge for Buccaneer mules, whilst not affecting actively played Buccaneers, who should be naturally generating charge throughout the course of the fight. We hope these changes reduce the "ease" of muling a Buccaneer and gaining access to one of the strongest skills in v62 MapleStory, and in turn shift the focus back to actively played Buccaneers in the context of boss fights.

Bugfixes

General:
    • Fixed synchronization issues that could prevent monsters from casting any attack, if targeted by multiple people.
    • Recently-coded portal scripts, that have the option to deny a warp request, will no longer cause players to be unable to perform various actions, such as skill casting or map changing, upon denying the warp.
    • Leveling up a Reverse/Timeless equipment no longer has a chance to disconnect the player.
    • When a Hero consumes all currently-active Orbs by casting a skill, the next attack will now correctly grant 1-2 orbs, instead of 0-1.
    • Removed debug text from Ames the Wise's wedding q&a script.
    Items:
    • The Crossbow equivalent to Red Arrows is now correctly called "Blue" Arrows.
    • Fixed misalignment of Free Hair haircut.
    • Fixed misalignment of Forest Fairy Face (Hazel).
    • Scroll for Earring for LUK 30% is now correctly called "Dark" Scroll for Earring for LUK 30%.
    • Removed various white pixels from the animation of the Blue Dragon pet.
    • Bong's Little Box now correctly mentions Eleska, instead of Alaska.
    • [Mastery Book 20/30] Shadow Claw are now called [Mastery Book 20/30] Shadow "Stars", for consistency with the skill name.
    • Removed a doubled sprite for the sitting animation of Super Summer Dress.
    Quests:
    • Various reported typos of the Neo Tokyo part 2 questline have been corrected.
    • "Yoona's Quiz on Shopping 3": removed redundant text in a dialog.
    • "Byron's Recommendation Letter": Byron finally learnt where job instructors are actually located.
    • "The Path of Thief": Olaf remembered how to spell Kerning City.
    • "Polar Bear Lolo's reach to the stars": corrected the mention of Coca Cola "Gem".
    • "Rewakening the Gladius": quest name is now properly spelt as "Reawakening" the gladius.
    • "The Plan to Win His Heart": corrected "first loves" spelling.
    • "Surprise Birthday Party": quest info now correctly mentions needing 200 monsters.

• Great Work Great Work x 15
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. OmbReanrd

OmbReanrd Master Chronos

Nov 11, 2020
    Québec
    5:27 PM
    Fara
    Paladin
    Great work as usual <3

3. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    6:27 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
  4. TWW

TWW Pink Teddy

Dec 12, 2020
    Male
    Cleaveland
    TheWhiteWolf
    Hero
    Misfits
    buccsisters.....

5. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    It's a team effort and also not related to General Patch notes
    [​IMG]

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Vicious is a girl?

7. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
  8. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    2:27 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    So are we just not allowed to TL res/echo in HT cave anymore? If we want to help another party's bishop by ressing them(even if they have TL) should we just not because it's now a hassle to manage? Is TLing your friends run alongside yours while in the cave also out of the question? Do we go back a map and enter HTPQ so the bucc can get charge? Are we supposed to enter HT with the echo and TL mules and make people waste their time whacking prehead on their bucc mule so they're allowed to echo in run 2?

I suppose I'll still be echoing myself where possible but it still seems like a pointless chore as I speedrun charge in BLV on my mule.

I guess I just don't understand why it was changed other than to be a mild annoyance to everyone? Like it doesn't change afk services at all, now they're just punching for 40 seconds before doing exactly what they were before. Are bucc mules just expected to miss against PB for some reason, like they're unable to get enough accuracy without large investments of money? Is everyone with their bucc permanently in the FM a part of the afk gameplay menace?

If folks using TL via mules is such a problem, then isn't that a problem with the skill rather than how people play? It's still a hilariously overpowered skill on the most overpowered class in the game, and forcing folks to spend 40 seconds to use it doesn't change any of that. Your nearly indefinite res pile is still a nearly indefinite res pile whether you force folks to wail on something or not. It sounds like a change that will fail to have any impact other than to be a mild annoyance for everyone. Is having an infinite pile of res somehow a balanced concept if someone has to flail about? Is content now harder or just more pointlessly tedious? Why are buccs the only class that remain immune to nerfs, even though they're probably the best class in the game?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. OmbReanrd

OmbReanrd Master Chronos

Nov 11, 2020
    Québec
    Fara
    Paladin
    you can charge it in HTPQ

10. Keilianus

Keilianus Brown Teddy

Jan 7, 2020
    To be fair, that was mentioned a few sentences after the initial sentence.

Unrelated, I'm very happy that ML had the chance to design an NPC and went out of their way to be more diverse. I'm so excited to see Rosa's final design; she's such a cutie.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  11. Dret

Dret Snail

Nov 7, 2022
    Male
    I get 404 when trying to click the download link, anybody else?

12. OmbReanrd

OmbReanrd Master Chronos

Nov 11, 2020
    Québec
    Fara
    Paladin
    Wait till they announce the client in #announcement in the ML discord

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    5:27 AM
    Beginner
    time to place our TL mules at ez charge spots and wrap to fm :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    S> AFK any service that requires TL, 1000x more than before

15. Fluggo3

Fluggo3 Slime

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    Montreal
    Roost
    I/L Wizard
    Community
    TL change is giga bad.

16. Vowels

Vowels Slimy

Jan 23, 2019
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    What are you guys doing for bishops in bossing though? Bishop mules are magnitudes bigger than buccaneer mules but that is left acceptable despite it harming the viability and inclusion of the class in a lot of content. Honestly the fact that buccaneers are getting an 'anti-mule' measure before bishops is quite wrong as buccaneers didn't even need that kind of protection due to being overpowered and controlled mainly by real players.

Also if AFK gameplay is that controversial why are you guys fine with leech?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Not going to address the stuff besides the last line. Leech is still existing full force as long as washing has no solutions implemented yet. No, this is not me saying "omg leech nerfs confirmed!?!?1/1" but more saying that leech cannot be addressed as long people need leech when they go full int route and whatnot in regards to washing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Vowels

Vowels Slimy

Jan 23, 2019
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    I wasn't memeing or anything, I play this class. I'm honestly salty that bishops didn't get an anti-afk measure too, they are muled in every content except horntail or aufheben. If anti-afk gonna be a thing in order to deter mules I request something is done for bishops in the future too.

• Agree Agree x 7
  19. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I am not saying you were shitposting. I am not addressing it simply because that part of the game isn't my job, so I don't wanna talk/reply about something that I am not involved much on. Leech however I could reply about because it's a logical reason why that cannot be addressed (yet).

Make a feedback post by the way if you got any about any job or skill.

• Informative Informative x 2