1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Update General Patch Notes: November 7th, 2022

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Kimmy, Nov 7, 2022.

1. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    4:56 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Agree, DK is definitely the worst class and deserve some changes, but we already saw staff being interested in fixing it, its not easy fixing berserk playstyle, increasing crusher dmg isn't enough, anw the TL thing show they aren't interested in buffing or nerfing main buccanners on this patch, just making afk gameplay harder, and i believe that's fair

2. randomhs

randomhs Timer

May 25, 2020
    3:56 AM
    randomHS
    Oyasumi
    no SI for mages considered not a nerf okaygebusiness

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    12:56 AM
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Not entirely sure how this prevent muling during the main boss such as zak. One can simply build up 99% charge before entering the boss map and proc the charge whenever TL is needed since charge never expires. The would mainly affect active bucanneers during very urgent situations where they have to sacrifice dpm to build up charge faster by flash fisting a boss.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Not really commenting on the change itself, but the charge does decrease over time if you don't hit anything.

5. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    3:56 PM
    Removal of IL freeze not considered nerf too. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tarnished

Tarnished Mixed Golem

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    How do you get the "Free" hairstyle?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    3:56 AM
    Trion
    Beginner
    Just to be super clear, the Rosa NPC girl doesn't give you any quests to gain HP right? That part isn't finalized?

The stuffed doll stuff is throwing me off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    4:56 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Woops! It was a really quick draft up at 3 am right before I was going to sleep so I must've missed out a few, esp cus I was focusing too much on the bucc side :p

Also, for the purposes of seeing how a class' power level has changed over the past few patches, I sort of ignored the ones where we reverted. So addition of magnet then removal, changes to critical throw and then revert, etc etc. If people are curious about a more in-depth chart, we can try looking into making a more detailed one in the future!

Hmmm I considered it a "no change" because it wasn't a mechanic change, like changing the strategy or how the boss is fought. Because an increase in pouches from PB is hard to be characterized as something that can be seen as an indirect buff to Buccs specifically, or one that benefits them more than other classes. They definitely do benefit from it, cus its content that they're needed to run in, but based on expedition composition, those who would benefit the most are other classes that are higher in number (perhaps a NL).

9. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    Those that benefit are the ones rarer in numbers. The current svr comp (lvl 180+) has excess bishops, heroes, pallies, shads, DrKs and SEs and lack of Buccs and NLs. I am sure everyone here knows a fair amount of these "excess classes" in your buddy list that never got to PB/lost their runs/spots.

To throw in some math.
    Whats the required class per PB run? 5/30 Bsp, 2~4/30 DrK, 5/30 SEs, 3~4/30 Bucc, 0~2/30 pally/hero/shads. Aug 2022 data suggests that at lvl 180+, only 5.22% of the characters are buccs. For every bucc in PB, it supports up to 9 other chars and that amounts to 45% of characters. This also translates that 50% of the chars miss out. This is a rough estimate but the point is still valid that people miss out. Everyone identified this gap and hence most people I know are making a bucc.
    upload_2022-11-8_14-10-38.png

Another POV is that HP challenge will "revive" old chars that never got to minimal HP but my guess is that these chars are skewed towards ranged since they were the go-to back then.

Just my current two cents and don't sleep too late, its bad for health :)
    And I don't have a solution. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    2:56 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    does a few months of 1-2 rolls rather than 0-2 on weapons count as a buff

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    reminds me of the double egged htp peeps who got banned.

12. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    2:56 AM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    ahora aumenta la animación de carga de energía porfavor

si, me refiero a esos puntos alrededor del bucc, solo asi aceptare este cambio del no AFK gamin

Attached Files:

13. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    4:56 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    lets gooo lets go lfgggggg
    thats why I love this server
    if I met you all in person I would kiss your cheeks