1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Running stores longer

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Emiiz, Nov 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emiiz

Emiiz Red Snail

Oct 20, 2019
    Female
    12:20 PM
    Emiiz
    Chief Bandit
    Please consider running stores for longer than 24 hours (and possibly even allowing more slots). It can be a hassle selling stuff since stores expire everyday and you would constantly have to reset. Running stores longer could help people sell stuff faster and find better deals. The market will be booming! Unlike back in the days of old school gms, today in ML we really rely on stores, we have tons of items, and there aren't as many players so it could be hard to get rid of stuff. Keeping stores running longer will also help with saving time and having more storage. I have a bunch of characters and each has tons of scrolls, equips, etc..having stores expire after a certain number of days would definitely be helpful!
    To limit people exploiting this.. maybe we could limit the number of stores to 1 per account and not allowing long stores in fm channel 1

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    5:20 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    I feel like the whole process of putting up multiple stores frequently (and, for some, in 'good fm rooms') can be considered a skill or at least an effort worth rewarding.
    As such, I wouldn't agree with the playing field being leveled in the sense that anyone can just keep up their stores for days on end without needing to put in the effort.
    tl;dr: merching is a skill as much as anything else in this game, let's leave the skillgap there.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    9:20 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    I'd be happy if the whole FM system was done away with and replaced with the MTS (Maple Trade System) which is already present in v62.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    With the obvious change needed being that we neee to swap nx out for mesos.

5. twing1

twing1 Pink Teddy

Aug 10, 2020
    Male
    twing1
    Beginner
    FM stores should not last more than a day for the sake of giving other people the opportunity to grab one of the premium FM spots (1-1, etc) when another person's store expires and they are at some point inevitably unable to reopen it immediately due to real life constraints.

Expanding the number of items being sold in stores is something I whole heartedly support, even increasing them by numbers as high as 100 additional sell slots. Right now, the FM is so crowded with mule shops selling overflow items that can't fit into just one shop. Expanding the number of sell slots in stores will help reduce the need for multiple shops across multiple characters, and will do wonders in clearing up some of the FM congestion so that premium FM spots will be available to players other than that one guy's army of FM mules.

Imagine if the FM only had 1 shop that could list all of their items for every player... Everybody would be able to fit their shop in Ch 1 FM 1-6. Both sides of the equation (selling AND buying) would be far more streamlined and efficient, and the need for owls would truly be reduced to a convenience or luxury vs. a necessity.

Of course, a change like this would be sure to reduce the number of accounts logging in every day and the server would see a decrease in "daily active players" (even though mule accounts shouldn't be counted as daily active players in the first place because they artificially inflate the "daily active player" numbers anyway) so I'm sure it won't be implemented, but its worth a shot.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Tarnished

Tarnished Mixed Golem

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    Maybe store duration should be based off location.

Ex: 1-1 only lasts 24 hours, but 5-8 can last 72 hours

• Like Like x 3
  7. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    12:20 AM
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    Woooahhh an actual auction system I
    Woooah an actual auction system in Old school maple. Never played that long, I had no idea something like that existed, and now I feel like this should be mandatory...

• Like Like x 1
  8. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    Spot location is irrelevant when NX is free to give everyone access to Owl of Minerva.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    Consider why your items arent selling fast.

1. Are they overpriced compared to current daily market rates? Yes prices change on an daily, and sometimes hourly basis. If you're not checking owl everytime you are losing out on potential sales and potential gains from keeping up with the everychanging market.

2. Are you selling unwanted items? Please review your store, ensure you are selling demanded items with competitive prices.

3. Some items are not even worth listing in the Free Market at all, ensure that you really consider "Will someone actually buy this or should I simply sell it to the NPC potion store or drop it"

4. Trends, this one is more tricky but sometimes it depends on outside factors out of your control. Especially nowadays with the potion price increase. Players are even more strapped for mesos, yes more items in-store will help chances but not if they have no mesos to spend to begin with.

I could go on and on but the best advice I can give is just simply do your research and take the time to learn the market more.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Biggest reason for items not selling is low pop.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Going to close this because I got no interest in increasing this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.