1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice on 4th job skills for I/L Archmage

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Discor, Nov 19, 2022.

1. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    10:11 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    Hello,
    I need an advise about which skills to raise.
    I maxed out Blizzard, Chain Lightning, Ifrit, and got Maple Warrior 19.
    since there is no way in hell I am getting my hands on maple warrior 30 mastery book I am want to level up other skills for now, and here are my choices:
    upload_2022-11-20_1-10-27.png
    none of them are very appealing, I heard good things about Big Bang for CWKPQ cleave, and that Infinity is kind of useless but saves pots which is not totally useless.
    I couldn't find any information about Mana Reflection so I guess no one uses it...

in any case I would love to hear an opinion of a veteran Arch Mage on this skills and any advise on what to level up in general.

thank you in advance :)

2. Magenmon

Magenmon Mano

May 16, 2022
    Male
    4:11 PM
    Magenmon
    Magician
    After Ifrit 30, I maxed heroes will, then mana reflection (tiny dmg boost is nice). I still only have 1 point in infinity and no points in Big Bang (interested in what other people have to say about it).

I mostly run bosses (NT, scarga, zak, etc) until I have washed attackers so I'm built for tanky big boys instead of just farming.

3. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    1:11 PM
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    If you're interested in PB, I would say maxing Big Bang can definitely help with clearing mini beans.

4. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Ice Demon is good for Core Blaze and JC. It's also great for farming shields for auf helm, fwiw.

Mana Reflection increases dpm at Pink Bean by a non-trivial amount, especially if your HP is on the higher side.

The amount of pots that Infinity will save you is so miniscule it's not really worth mentioning.

5. OP
    OP
    Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    can you elaborate on Ice Demon?
    I never saw or heard anyone using it.

doesn't mana reflection return back magical damage and that's it?
    how does it reduce incoming dmg?

6. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    It's good for killing tanky non-boss mobs, i.e. the JC clones and the Imperial Guards at Core (which need to be managed and dealt with). The DoT damage it does over 15 seconds does about 4 blizzard's worth of damage.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Magenmon

Magenmon Mano

May 16, 2022
    Male
    Magenmon
    Magician
    I was mistaken. I looked up the skill again and it only returns the damage, doesn’t decrease damage taken. I’m not sure which skill I’m thinking of. Lol. It might even be another game. It only increases damage output. It does not decrease damage taken. I’ll edit my post to reflect that.

8. OP
    OP
    Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    oh wow!!, I always believed the DoT to do negligible damage. so it is a good damage boost against bosses that take a long time to kill, is that correct?

I also understand that it reflects only magical damage, or does it reflects all kinds of damage? and is the reflected damage boost worth the 30 points investment?

9. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    9:11 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    It does not work on bosses but the dot is quite high on high hp mobs such as the jiaoceng summons. It also boosts your damage from ifrit significantly. Overall a niche skill but quite decent at the places it has it's use.

It reflects any incoming damage from skills, only touch damage is excluded. The damage it does depends on the HP you have so it will be a fair bit more if properly HP washed.

10. Magenmon

Magenmon Mano

May 16, 2022
    Male
    Magenmon
    Magician
    Do you mean that it it will do more damage if more hp is taken during the hit? If I hp wash my mage to 10k hp and boss without MG, will my dps go up?

11. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    I believe he’s talking about 1/1 attacks. Where both your hp and mp will be taken down to 1. The reflected damage will then be calculated off the damage taken

12. OP
    OP
    Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    wait so it reflects only the dmg I receive to my HP pull? for example if I get hit with 10k damage only 2k are deducted from my HP does it mean the skill will reflect just the 2k or will it reflect the 10k?

13. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:11 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    And on imperial guard help paladin cleave alot e.e