1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

This is why we might need a GuildPQ revamp

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by soulreload, Dec 1, 2022.

1. soulreload

soulreload Horny Mushroom

Nov 15, 2022
    Male
    11:17 AM
    Deschain
    Outlaw
    NewLeaf
    Hello guys! To start off, in my opinion, GPQ is a content that needs to be reinforced and needs to get back in the meta of the game since it was the only guild-only content in old maple story.

There was a time that the guild board point system and the bonus at the end was enough to keep people playing GPQ... As we can all testify, that is not the case anymore..

There are not enough rewards to make guilds compete and the bonus itens are not good or important enough.. How can we change that?

First off, i will bring some ideas but, in advance, i am not here with a solution, i think everyone can help to build a good suggestion for the staff..

I) reset the guild board points from time to time and give rewards to the first, second and third places;

II) make the PQ gives an untradeable item, maybe an earring, that needs to be upgraded and it can be traded for a better one reaching certain level goals, like 30, 70, 120 and 200.

III) give a scalable amount of cash as you complete each round, 5 for the first, 10 for the second and so on.. or change the bonus round drops (why? because the current drops are not valuable enough and each guild member is competing with each other in order to sell it in the market).

Thanks for reading, hope we can discuss more about this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
  3. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    7:17 AM
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Like the enthusiasm, but an easy loophole can be all of maple joining one gpq-focused guild to obtain first place on the weekly/monthly ranking, thus making any sort of reward from ranking difficult to implement.

4. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    I would like suggesting increasing the exp by your level, making it at least not useless like a well optimized GPQ giving 30m eph for a 150+
    8m eph for 100~120, something like that

5. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    This might be too broken, too. any single person can bring in 6 150+ clients and yield a godly amount of eph. Even at 75% efficiency, this would yield a total of 135m eph over 6 clients, which is way better than leeching.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Its not broken, you can do this eph in 3 characters (which is better because you're not leeching useless characters to get more eph) while selling leech to 2 more on 5-6, leaving you with 120m+ eph plus 26m/h, also your time to finish it is going to be WAYS higher since GPQ have alot of rooms and it's not that mule friendly, it can easily decrease to 60m less eph between 6 characters, which is extremly bad, also bonus stage is bad for multiclienting.
    Another suggestion can be a 10 slots shield on bonus stage, 1h users suffered enough with their only shield being a lv20 event item (or a UNTRADEABLE shield lol)
    P.coins on bonus stage should net a more reliable reward too

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  7. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    cut to shivering taking 30 mules on gpq to abuse event. I support reward buff but not exp

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    GPQ don't even give event points, everything good on events is now attached on raffles/exclusive PQ you can't even abuse events anymore.
    A speedrun from shivering with 3 people took 10 minutes:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...ngs-100m-challenge-round-2-gpq-edition.39645/
    So we can easily say you'll took more than 30 minutes to solo it. 15-20 minutes to solo it
    But what if 3 different people bring each one 6 mules to get exp? We still with literally no reason to go to GPQ even if you can get 30m eph on 6 char at same time, multimage and 5-6 still insanely better ;)
    And let's be realistic, who wants exp on 6 different characters at same time at 150+?

Buffing the GPQ exp isn't the best approach to make it better, but saying this is going to be broken is a joke, specially when we have multimage where you can farm more 24/7 :yay:, and it is WAYS easier than bringing 6 150+ char to GPQ twice a day

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    3:17 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Sub 20 minute GPQ solo is very achievable.

10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Abby (Guild leader of Honor) was getting ~15 minute solo clears.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    That's some amazing numbers, but still far from mediocre gains, like i said 30m eph per hour, just bringing alot of characters to excavation site for two 7.5m exp runs is a funny effort, you can justo duo NT or do whatever content with multiple mages/attackers and receive ways more, my multimage brings me around 35m/h gains and 96m eph :geek:, and can choose a single character to invest, without the 2 daily runs cap and not incentiving guild content.
    Can we talk about why someone who is endgame enough to choose leveling 6 characters at 150+ at same time choose GPQ as the better method? Not going to happen guys.
    Also like i said, definitely GPQ can receive some love as the only guild content, there's good threads like Hiyo one about that, and i'm sure exp is not the best approach, but definitely this isn't nearly as OP like u guys saying, multiclient can be used to do things ways better ;)

12. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    I self duo jc 4x every single day for an estimate of 120m eph on my attackers. This is better than any leech (if you do not count exp on the mages) in addition to decent drops. What you're talking about is a number way over 120m eph. If 3 people bring in 10 characters each, you're essentially getting 30 characters * 30m eph per char = 900m eph total. Even if its 20 minutes of 900m eph, that still comes out to a 300m exp gain in a span of 20 minutes, which is extremely broken.

Personally I don't know the character limit for gpq, but you can do the math.

Yes this is on the extreme side, but I'm sure there are people that will do this.

13. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    What if the ratings reset monthly and everyone who made it to page 1 last month gets an expiring (30 day) ring that gives some weapon/magic attack

14. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    yea lets bring 30 character over lv 150 with 6 pcs, anyway ignore my suggestion, people are just not realistic enough

15. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    For the record, I can run 15 clients on one PC with no problems. If your suggestion went through, I'd self-leech all my characters through GPQ.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    You may laugh at this counter point now, but there are actually people on this server who would do this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Wow, you have a good PC there honestly i never tried more than 10, anyways, even if you have all these 15 clients wielding a 150+ character, do you want to level all of then? for me, while i multimage, half of the exp is lost since it is just farming mules.
    Not laughing, i'm pretty new to the server since i started at february, but i already seen and did enough to understood what folks do for max profits here, and i think that's amazing, but i can't find a reason to level 30 characters at same time to 150+, 30 PB a week? Not enough runs, multimage? no one goes for 8+ mages these days and usually you don't need to level these mages more than that, let's suppose you want to level 10 characters at same time to 200, what i don't believe is reasonable, this is going to net 225m eph at 75% efficiency,still looks worse than multimage for me. (2x a day) and is not 225m eph, since the time window is shorter (30min~ to both runs) alot of the time is going to be spent moving all characters etc etc, setting up multimage and chilling seems better for me.

I'm going to reinforce there's no point in doing it since we can have better approachs, 10 slots shields and p.coins on bonus stage looks good for me, but i still don't agree this is going to be broken anyways MapleF12

MageorMageor sorry for being rude in my previous post, anyways, you can't assume it is 900m eph since it is for 3 different people, it is under 300m eph, on a extremly unrealistic scenario where you want to level 10 characters at same time to 150+, and have people who are extremly fast to login and do everything everyday without a second lost

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
  19. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    10:17 AM
    DMsRebirth
    make it a big golem that everyone dpses on for 3 minutes and get points for how much damage they do

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Guild PQ ring rewards seem pretty cool since there aren't that many rings that we can get in the game.

Monster Book Ring, Ellin Ring. Thats pretty much it, unless you include event rings.

I'm not sure what kind of stats GPQ Ring would have but staff could figure something out.

• Agree Agree x 1