1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Multimage Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by akashsky, Sep 30, 2022.

Is multimaging bad?

1. yes

98 vote(s)
    55.7%
  2. no

32 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. neutral (not good or bad)

46 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    12:28 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Neutral in this case is simply a nuance of no, people who are neutral also disagree that that multimage is a problem. So really the poll is something like 56.5% think its a problem, 43.5% think its not. Its just a controversial topic. If you made another poll on similar topics such as leech, you would get similar results, but I don't see many people rioting for leech changes.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    People will assume its MageStory and probably not play and possibly play a different server, a friend already quit playing because he didn't enjoy playing a mage get universal int gear and hp wash a character.

Multimaging already increased potions costs, removed safe spots, and increased recharge prices for gunners and claw users. Just like people have mentioned before "NL's are funded because of their mage(s)" however there are people that don't have multiple mages or even play on more than one account that have NL/Corsair thats ruining their enjoyment.

Edit: The people that are multimaging deserve what their working/playing for but it is ruining the enjoyment for the people that play solely on one account.

3. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    4:28 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    While multimage increased the recharge costs, they also increased the p.coins price and everything else the recharge/potion costs just become adjusted for the new economy, honestly multimage isn't a problem anymore only few people do it now and its not overpowered like it was when the thread has been created, idk what is the point about crying about NL recharges, unless you're ovv and use 5 nightlords its fine, you still have only of the lowest potion costs on the game (but honestly i don't think sairs deserve it, even being OP).
    It is funny how everyone complains about mages just play without it, the difference between a perfect sword and a 130~ isn't huge enough to make u stop playing lol, your friend didn't left because mages are op, its because almost anyone cant handle the grind of oldschool maple, between all the top servers, royals dream and legends, legends is by far the best server to play without a mage, specially after challenges (don't talk about dream if you don't know the mage rates there hehe)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    My friend plays Phoenix they have 1x exp 1x meso 1x drop.

5. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Okay, i hope he have fun ;).
    You don't need to hp wash since there's challenges, you don't need to buy int gear and you don't even need to play a mage unless you're a sweaty and want to be strong in much less time, its all about efficiency and not necessity, multimage have nothing to do with quitting players and resuming legends to multimage is honestly crazy, you talk like everyone still multimage these days, which is absolutely not true, i was on multimage guild and i barely see one guy farming (of course most of then are out of it), multimage is not easy and are not very far from usual meso/hour methods now.
    Sometimes leaving the forum and discord and actually play the game its better, to understand how a new player can achieve everything without doing crazy farming methods, actually phoenix is insanely worse than legends when we talk about job balance and mules, how op is a HB/MU mule there is crazy.
    I'm not talking about you here ^, but misinformation on forums and discords like people saying shadowers, heroes and everything is unplayable because its not meta on pasta PB its just annoying sometimes, i have seen a lot of friends progressing more than magers like LeonardoJFLeonardoJF who never made a mage and is stronger than like 70% of the playerbase?
    Spreading hate on mages its easy, but everyone loves using cheap gears provided by magers imagine how expensive a 10 att glove would be for a new player? We don't even need go too far, just look at helm dex and int 60's prices rightnow.
    EVERYTHING on maplelegends gives you return, even hunting at hhg2 gives you money, buying decent gears is possible for literally every casual player, just takes more time, and its not like you're locked out of contents, the gap between a endgame player and a casual one can literally be filled with attack potions if needed, and the gap is more on the skill/efforts to dpm than equips, a 21 att glove don't make you hit 2x harder than a 14 one

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Phoenix only has Warriors and Magicians. Archers, Thieves and Pirates don't exist.

As I mentioned here, I'm not hating on mages they deserve what they're earning, what I'm disliking is how multi maging is affecting the player base for people that utilize only one account. There are a few posts where people are asking if they can transfer a character from their account to another one so that they can play on both like the rest of us.

The potion prices are horrendous, the prices of scrolls are mind-blowing, the price for recharging stars and bullets even the noobie ones are unmotivating unless you have a mage to fund yourself, this is where that problem lies, sure HP washing got changed with HP challenges but whats a new player going to do with all of that information? As you said Dream, Legends and Royals are the top 3 servers what are the prices of NLC potions at Dream and Royals? How are the prices for recharging stars and bullets? Pretty sure its way cheaper than it is here.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Thanks for the mention < 3
    In my opinion you can be casual better than most, we play a rpg, have alot of ways to earn mesos, craft dragon/nt, sell materials to craft, do some quest and sell quest item, cwk pq/exanged, try some bet at scrolls, but for sure, if you aim perf gear will need more work, but to do content and have fun dont need be so hardcore

• Like Like x 1
  8. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Sorry, wym? pirates/archers are trash and unplayable ofc, but hermit is literally the strongest class there, and the only decent mage is priest, idk about WK but i heard they're trash too

9. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    if you implement anti leech here you give more reason to multi mage farm lol, i know alot of peoples that uses leech to make money

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Btw, after some1 said here about core i passed 11 runs without p3, lets back talk bad about core plz

11. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    We've had two or three bouts of 1 week dry spells as well; just bad rng.

core_stats.PNG

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    nicee, love to see numbers

13. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    To be fair, just to add a bit of nuance on the leech part (despite it being besides the point of your post) and not attempting to address the matter of multimaging, the topic of leech is a much more loaded issue in that it ties into both class balance and hp washing.

A large majority of people likely disapprove of leech and wish it didn't exist but see it as a bit of a necessary evil and wouldn't want to see it obliterated overnight with no other changes because of the wide-reaching downstream effect it would have on the server. It's also basically become an ingrained part of the rite of passage of melee players rerolling to range to move up in the world. It was only very recently that a "viable" path to end game as a ranged char without leech was presented via the challenge system. Prior to that, the only other suggestion I've read that did something on that front was having base INT factor into range to some lesser degree than primary stat, which was not as ideal.

I would be curious to see how a leech nerf in some form would poll at some point post-challenge system and if people would be more vocal about it then.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Royals:
    upload_2022-12-4_21-13-6.png
    upload_2022-12-4_21-15-48.png
    upload_2022-12-4_21-19-24.png
    DreamMS

upload_2022-12-4_21-18-14.png
    feel free to take your own conclusions

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I have a different point of view about leech:

1- I always told to ppl who begin thats no reason to buy leech on first char, unless you are a priest and unlock genesis will make your life easy, depend on job use leech to lv up fast just will spend mesos, then on high lv need more exp, and they deal same damage since the money to upgrade gear was spend on leech.

2- low lv leech is a usefull metod to new player make money since everyone can do (you just pay with your soul to kill bored mobs like jr. wraith).

With challenge leech will be more niched to people that aim alot of hp, alot of casual player will stop search for ir (unless the ones that dislike farm and lose the beuaty process of the game)

16. beegoratto

beegoratto Skelosaurus

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    ah yes, the 3 remaining people multimaging for a few hours a day are the ones driving the market.

12 accounts are single-handedly setting the prices for the entire server.

I'm not entirely sure why you don't think they haven't addressed this topic since it's been addressed in multiple patches since this thread was originally formed but currently if you go to ML1, ML4, Nintos, etc they're all empty.

17. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    1:28 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    It is now the era of squid and paul estate I

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. beegoratto

beegoratto Skelosaurus

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    lmfao sure but it'd be delusional to assume that the few people actually farming those are what dictates scroll prices in the fm

19. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    1:28 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Multimaging has indeed died down significantly compared to prior to the nerfs, especailly after the last patch. It is still EXTREMELY good, and very much worth your time, but a lot of people are put off by the extra effort required. The remaining multimagers have adjusted their strats and somewhat adapted to the changes. Of the people who are still left, our productivity hasn't actually gone down compared to before, its just that there are a lot fewer of us now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Wow, who knew that I would agree with Selquin more than three times total.

:pinkbean:
    Sure those maps could have died down or they're not being used anymore that doesn't mean there are no more multimagers, if its a fact that multimagers have died down and there are indeed less of them, where are the reverts on certain changes? At this point in time I don't care for stars and bullets I've only mentioned them because I genuinely hate it when newer players aren't able to enjoy the game because of how bad the economy is.

I tend to give players a few hundred-thousand mesos here and there, 1mil if I'm feeling generous.

I am poor, don't get me wrong but helping one or perhaps even more people, making them happy that they can afford potions to get by just makes playing this game enjoyable for me.
    MapleF2:sack:MapleF14

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1