1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted Confusion debuff

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by fael, Nov 27, 2022.

1. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    8:27 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    I would like to suggest to add a message when you get confused, same as the grey messages that appear for other debuffs like seduce/zombify/stun/seal/weakness/darkness, like this one:

upload_2022-11-27_19-48-47.png

For some bosses like PB, it can be a good QoL change since you basically can't see your character, making it hard to move both after getting confused and at the end of the debuff. It also can make you touch PB body when you actually were trying to move to get away, but it's just hard to see when there are a lot of attackers on the same place of you spamming skills with flashy NX and F/P summons.

And also I would like to ask if there's a possibility of making all debuffs appear like a buff icon in any part of the screen, so you could see when it's close to end. It's also gonna be good change, but maybe harder to implement, specially to prepare Hero's Will when you're seduced or to prepare to move when the confusion is about to end.

That's it, bye ^__^

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Cornwall

Cornwall Chronos

Dec 11, 2020
    Male
    7:27 AM
    Cornsair
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Although I'd like to disagree with this, I really can't think of a reason why confusion doesn't show a message yet all others do. I can't see it affecting too much since, for me, what hurts the most is when it goes away.

As for a timer or an icon showing it's running away, seems too easy.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
  4. OP
    OP
    fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    At least you could start counting seconds after you see the message.
    And yeah I also tought that an icon would gonna make things too easy, but idk. I feel like the game could be better made, like putting your character in front of the others, and that wouldn't be a problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:27 PM
    Moderator Post
    Just a Neckson being Neckson thing. Will ask if this is easy to implement.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    The grey message suggestion has been accepted. For consistency with all the other debuffs, we will be adding one to Slow aswell.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This will go live for Christmas patch.
    We can't add debuff icons, not yet atleast, so that part of suggestion is not accepted.

Thanks!

• Great Work Great Work x 14
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    7:27 PM
    Beginner
    could you at least make the timer in boss maps translucent or overlay buffs on top of timer before we get more buffs icons spam?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    When we ever get to point of adding debuff icons, I highly doubt we'll make them in the same row as normal buffs. That would be confusing as heck.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    7:27 PM
    Beginner
    probably DK will get a 3rd row of buffs then? since their beholder is on 2nd :D