1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ghost Ship safe spot alternatives

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by fruit258, Jan 14, 2023.

1. fruit258

fruit258 Master Chronos

Nov 10, 2022
    12:38 PM
    With the changes made to the Ghost Ship mobs, there has been alot of deaths at the Ghost Ship maps from people just taking a break and people buying leech, the way it usually happens is that another person enters the map and attacks a mob (accidentally? really hard to tell) and goes on the rope naturally in order to change channel but then the mob comes and attacks the person that just went on the rope meaning it hits all the people on the rope/stairs, I would like to suggest some alternatives that would make these maps less annoying, if you got any other ideas feel free to leave them below

[​IMG]
    1. Make it so the dungeon maps have the teleport on the stair, making it so when you enter the dungeons all the party members go on the stairs, I know they aren't available right now but this is 1 solution

[​IMG]
    2. Make it so you can climb on these vents that way you won't get hit off

[​IMG]
    3. Make it so you can climb the chandelier, if the mobs can still hit you up there then it might be an option to change the vertical range of their attacks a little

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    11:38 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Go to FM/CS if you need to afk.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    3:38 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    If you need to change channels because someone else is attacking mobs, just ask them to aggro them all, so that you're able to change channels, safe spots will just make it a multi-client war zone for more farming.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    fruit258

fruit258 Master Chronos

Nov 10, 2022
    but its a rope, u cant attack on ropes

5. OP
    OP
    fruit258

fruit258 Master Chronos

Nov 10, 2022
    ur not gonna get exp in the fm from the leecher

6. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Oh right I did not consider at all lol.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    7:38 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    100% agree
    GS is a low level map, there are a lot of newcomers that do mistakes and create problems that weren't suppose to exist. I already heard many times from low level guildies saying they accidentaly killed somebody on GS map and they needed to hear shit about it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Get leeched somewhere else then? Better to just consider GS a map that doesn't have safe spots rather than reminiscing about what used to be.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    is there any reason to not create a rope safe spot in GS? what's the difference of this and the rope safe spot on peach monkeys?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Gs is one of the best maps to grind and probably objectively the best (or easiest) map to leech. Imho it's perfectly reasonable for this map to suffer from a lack of safespots in the same way that CDs does.

The meta adjusted. That doesn't mean the map should be readjusted to suit leech, it just means leechers need to adjust to find new alternatives.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Peach monkeys is not level viable grinding spot while GS is. I don’t think map design should necessitate for leeching as a consideration anyways.

12. OP
    OP
    fruit258

fruit258 Master Chronos

Nov 10, 2022
    i feel like this is a big problem because people can grief others without u being able to do anything about it because there no way to prove if they killed people on purpose on the rope or accidentally (alot easier to prove at cds), just because something got changed once doesnt mean it cant be changed again or improved, the only thing the ghost ship range change did was that low level chars cant attack on the stairs and that you die for no reason, and even in mysterious path 3 you cant even climb the ropes unless you killed the mobs which is why noone grinds there anymore, chars that can 2 shot or 1 shot the slimys are still able to just farm normally on the stairs, so the change only negatively affected low level players and people that want to relax outside of the game while spending their hard earned mesos on leech, i also was forced to go to gs6 because it was so bad at gs2 because there were constantly people coming on the rope hitting something accidentally MapleF3

13. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Sounds like you found a solution.

14. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Mysterious Path 3 has teleporters to go to the top and bottom, in that map you should be rarely using the ropes.

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    9:38 PM
    Personally, I don't think any changes should be introduced to any map in the Ghost Ship.

But since you're open to suggestions, I thought I'd chime in one idea. You won't get hit by Slimy if your character is in Dark Sight. And so, I guess if a new potion gave a similar function but that could be used only in the Ghost Ship maps, it could be like standing in a "safe spot". Probably not ideal — wouldn't recommend it either.

16. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    whats the point on such custom change? lol
    why u want to add something staff needs to work on instead of just making a rope and let people be safe?
    i dont know, to me its just a QoL change and dont even see a point to not adding that.
    every single single leech map has a safe spot, why not GS? why that hurts?

17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    What constitutes a map being a leech map and not a leech map? Is having a safe spot a requirement for a leech map? If so, wouldn’t that just disqualify gs2 for leech?

18. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    If theres a seller in a GS map then theres a safe spot if there is someone actively one shotting and attacking, its basically a pseudo safe spot.

19. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    It's not a requirement. I mentioned leech maps trying to talk about the common ones. The problem that I see is just because new people end up doing mistakes like healing themselves to not die and killing afk people which can be something to bother Staff and to create conflicts. Anyway, you quoted my question about why it hurts but no one pointed a real reason for not having a rope safe spot and why it would be bad for gs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...s-event-2021-balance-changes-explained.43806/
    The damage b-balance thread that started these changes w/ its reasoning.
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/the-end-of-2021.42967/
    End of the year topic 2021

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/nerf-ghost-ship-mp3-buff-respective-pqs.30173/
    Someone asking for GS/MP3 nerfs.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...ip-afkish-grind-via-a-different-method.44851/
    Duplicated thread similar to this one.

I too, personally dislike the range changes as well but I don't go afk in a dangerous map I afk in my HQ and if I buy leech I'm still in front of my screen watchin- doing something else making sure that my seller isn't entering a dungeon and exiting while the party drop in on top on mobs like at The Dragon Nest Left Behind, I have no idea why if you enter and leave it drops us on top on the monsters.

I hope this helped with some insight to why staff chose to change it the way they did.